There are 241 users in the forums

Sacramento Kings 2009-2010 thread

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

John Wall!

If we get john wall, we should trade him.

I would love to get Cousins in the draft though.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

John Wall!

Seriously? I would think a Wall/Evans backcourt would eventually be the best in the NBA. I think Tyreke would be better at the 2 than at PG. That combo would be sick.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

John Wall!

Seriously? I would think a Wall/Evans backcourt would eventually be the best in the NBA. I think Tyreke would be better at the 2 than at PG. That combo would be sick.

For sure it would be sick and eventually the best in the NBA. But Im sure we could get a lot in return and get a big man which is what we really need.

IDK just a thought.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

John Wall!

For sure it would be sick and eventually the best in the NBA. But Im sure we could get a lot in return and get a big man which is what we really need.

IDK just a thought.

I'm thinking I prefer Cousins as well at this point. The Beno-Evans backcourt looks good together IMO and right now we are truly lacking a solid C. I think a Beno-Evans-Greene-Landry-Cousins lineup looks good with a solid bench group consisting of Garica-Casspi-Thompson and Hawes. I think I'm with you on this.

Still though, a Evans-Wall backcourt would be insane as well. I wouldn't be upset either way but how many championships teams are led by two elite guards? You usually need that Guard-Big combo to be successful in the NBA IMO.

Obviously i could be wrong as well. IDK. I wouldn't be upset at all with Wall, Turner or Cousins at this point. Any of those 3 would make this team much better. Then you factor in the cap space and we could really add some firepower to this team and hopefully fight for a playoff spot in a year or two.

If we were able to draft Cousins, I'd be all for adding Joe Johnson to this team and having Beno as the first guard off the bench. IMO whatever direction we decide to go in the draft will play a huge factor in who we target in FA. The key is finding the right FA that wants to play with Tyreke and buy into the fact that winning basketball is coming back to Sacramento. At least i can hope right?
Still though, teams have made mistakes in the past drafting for need rather than BPA so I'm still not totally sure which direction I want the Kings to go. Right now I'm just praying we're able to land a top 3 pick and we can go from there. I trust Petrie to do the right thing for the club so I'm not going to question whatever decision he makes.

lol nice, 4k posts. It only took me 4 years.
[ Edited by BoiseNiner on Mar 10, 2010 at 5:48 AM ]
According to ESPN, Curry now leads ROY, even though they mention Evans being more consistently great throughout the year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/awards
I don't think we can pass on Wall if we get #1. That'd be a hell of a backcourt. Be interesting to see how they would co-exist.

I think we have some flexibility in the draft. Could go a number of ways.

And I don't know how Tyreke could lose ROY. People seem to think he's slipping or something...his numbers are actually better post All-Star break.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I don't think we can pass on Wall if we get #1. That'd be a hell of a backcourt. Be interesting to see how they would co-exist.

I think we have some flexibility in the draft. Could go a number of ways.

And I don't know how Tyreke could lose ROY. People seem to think he's slipping or something...his numbers are actually better post All-Star break.

Yea Curry is good but he isnt consistent. Just cause Tyreke doesnt have the flashy 30+ pts games he gets 20-25 ever game where as Curry will be a star in one game and be non existent in another.

Doesnt make sense
Wow I guess we got hot in the 3rd. Down 5 at half, turn off tv, look back and we are up by 20. lol Nice victory tonight.

Tyreke with a triple double

Kids a baller. Love him.
2 words: Reke ROY

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
2 words: Reke ROY

Without a doubt. If he doesnt get it I will protest.
Congratulations Tyreke Evans on his first career triple double. Looking forward to seeing plenty more of those from him.

Nice win with a great 3rd quarter explosion. Beno and Evans continue to play well together(43 points and 18 assists combined). Landry didn't do anything in the 1st yet but had a solid 2nd half. He continues to quietly put up solid numbers night after night. Hell even Greene showed up on the offensive end tonight.

Just a solid team effort tonight all around. I'm obviously not going to get ahead of myself with this team but it's nice to see a convincing win from these young guys every once in awhile.
[ Edited by BoiseNiner on Mar 10, 2010 at 9:31 PM ]
Congratulations Tyreke Evans on his first career triple double. Looking forward to seeing plenty more of those from him.

Nice win with a great 3rd quarter explosion. Beno and Evans continue to play well together(43 points and 18 assists combined). Landry didn't do anything in the 1st yet but had a solid 2nd half. He continues to quietly put up solid numbers night after night. Hell even Greene showed up on the offensive end tonight.

Just a solid team effort tonight all around. I'm obviously not going to get ahead of myself with this team but it's nice to see a convincing win from these young guys every once in awhile.

agreed

Nailed it. I went tonight. Crowd was kinda small and nothing to cheer for in the 1st half, but the second half was awesome. The Kings came alive, sparked the crowd. Really fun atmosphere tonight. Great when we play like that.

Also important to point out the defensive work of JT and May. Both guys were huge tonight on Bosh.

My recap
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Nailed it. I went tonight. Crowd was kinda small and nothing to cheer for in the 1st half, but the second half was awesome. The Kings came alive, sparked the crowd. Really fun atmosphere tonight. Great when we play like that.

Also important to point out the defensive work of JT and May. Both guys were huge tonight on Bosh.

My recap

Good point about JT and Mays on the defensive end. Thompson looked wild when he first came in and I was afraid it was going to be just one of those nights for JT. I believe it was in the 2nd half when he took a charge and seemed to gain confidence after that. Loved seeing May hustle out there and dive for some loose balls.

I think my favorite thing of the night was it seemed Westphal actually had a solid rotation tonight. I thought in the second half he brought in the right players at the right time and didn't go to deep into his bench. These rotations where he randomly brings in all 12 players is getting old.
Share 49ersWebzone