Official 2009-2010 WORLD CHAMPION LA Lakers Thread

Originally posted by kray28:
Uhm...so who's the chick with Ron Ron?

John claude van DAMN!!! shes fine -will smith

Natalin Avci
Quote:
Phil Jackson confirmed after practice on Tuesday that Andrew Bynum’s place on the second team during Saturday evening’s scrimmage was more an issue of matchups* than it was a forecast of the starting lineup, suggesting that Lamar Odom would likely continue to come off the bench as he did during L.A.’s championship run.

“It will probably be Lamar coming off the bench, that’s the way I anticipate it, but we’ll see what goes down,” said Jackson.

As is his custom, Jackson did not specifically address the lineup he’d put out for the Lakers, but mentioned the presence of Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant in the backcourt, and has previously referenced Ron Artest and Pau Gasol’s place in the starting frontcourt alongside Bynum.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:

Natalin Avci

She deserves a thread of her own...
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Quote:
Phil Jackson confirmed after practice on Tuesday that Andrew Bynum’s place on the second team during Saturday evening’s scrimmage was more an issue of matchups* than it was a forecast of the starting lineup, suggesting that Lamar Odom would likely continue to come off the bench as he did during L.A.’s championship run.

“It will probably be Lamar coming off the bench, that’s the way I anticipate it, but we’ll see what goes down,” said Jackson.

As is his custom, Jackson did not specifically address the lineup he’d put out for the Lakers, but mentioned the presence of Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant in the backcourt, and has previously referenced Ron Artest and Pau Gasol’s place in the starting frontcourt alongside Bynum.

Phil won't admit it, but Lamar at 4, and Pau at 5 is actually our more productive lineup. But starting Drew has to happen to keep the manchild's head and ego in check. Drew has a lot to prove this year....and I'm already seeing signs that we're going to be in for a disappointment.
Quote:

Phil won't admit it, but Lamar at 4, and Pau at 5 is actually our more productive lineup. But starting Drew has to happen to keep the manchild's head and ego in check. Drew has a lot to prove this year....and I'm already seeing signs that we're going to be in for a disappointment.

What signs are those?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Quote:

What signs are those?

He told people he was going to train with Dwight over the summer and that he was going to go play with Team USA. He did neither, he took a 40+ day European vacation instead with his friends.

Then he decided he didn't need Kareem's help anymore.

He's not exactly killing me with his work ethic or sense of determination here. The obvious thing to think is that he got paid, and the need for hard work is now diminished.
Quote:

What signs are those?

He told people he was going to train with Dwight over the summer and that he was going to go play with Team USA. He did neither, he took a 40+ day European vacation instead with his friends.

He's not exactly killing me with his work ethic or sense of determination here. The obvious thing to think is that he got paid, and the need for hard work is now diminished.

From what I understand, the move away from Kareem was a team decision for a variety of reasons. While he's working less with Kareem, he'll be working more with Phil Jackson.

And he's slimmed down quite a bit from last year, and spent a lot of time strengthening his legs. His conditioning is very good coming into camp, which is something even Jackson commented on. He hasn't been sitting on his butt. He & Jeff Zarzana have a pretty strict offseason routine.

I'd imagine that most of these guys go on vacation for a period of time over the summer, because that's the only time they get that chance. I'm also not too broken up about him not working out with the beacon of big man fundamentals that we call Dwight Howard.

Laker fans are just killing Bynum right now, despite the fact that he's in good shape, and we haven't even played a game.
Quote:

What signs are those?

From what I understand, the move away from Kareem was a team decision for a variety of reasons. While he's working less with Kareem, he'll be working more with Phil Jackson.

And he's slimmed down quite a bit from last year, and spent a lot of time strengthening his legs. His conditioning is very good coming into camp, which is something even Jackson commented on. He hasn't been sitting on his butt. He & Jeff Zarzana have a pretty strict offseason routine.

I'd imagine that most of these guys go on vacation for a period of time over the summer, because that's the only time they get that chance. I'm also not too broken up about him not working out with the beacon of big man fundamentals that we call Dwight Howard.

Laker fans are just killing Bynum right now, despite the fact that he's in good shape, and we haven't even played a game.

I'm sure the move away from Kareem was just Bynum wanting to learn defense.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

...it's true though!

...it's true though!

Grow a pair and unpin this s**t. Seriously, the only team that should be pinned is the Warriors since they are a local team.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

...it's true though!

Grow a pair and unpin this s**t. Seriously, the only team that should be pinned is the Warriors since they are a local team.

I'm sure Will pinned it, being a Lakers fan. If it wasn't for him, I'd unpin the s**t out of it though!
On one hand, I couldn't care less whether or not the Laker thread is pinned, but on the other, I get great satisfaction from the feelings it conjures in guys like Reign & Hollywood.

Hmmm...
Originally posted by 9erReign:

...it's true though!

I'm sure Will pinned it, being a Lakers fan. If it wasn't for him, I'd unpin the s**t out of it though!

Do it anyway. Sometimes you have to stand up for whats rights and suffer the consequences.
Share 49ersWebzone