There are 283 users in the forums

Official 2009-2010 WORLD CHAMPION LA Lakers Thread

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
It's so nice to see Bynum this healthy again. He's back at the "just throw it somewhere around the rim and he'll dunk it" level.

And Kobe's focusing waaaaaaaay more on man defense than he has in awhile.

Seemed like Kobe was trying to welcome Tyreke to the league. I was surprised to see Kobe on him, but I like the test. Tyreke looks solid.

And Bynum definitely seems like he's 100% back. Our interior defense is weak, but Bynum has shown multiple ways to score.

we have the best front court D in the league
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
It's so nice to see Bynum this healthy again. He's back at the "just throw it somewhere around the rim and he'll dunk it" level.

Seemed like Kobe was trying to welcome Tyreke to the league. I was surprised to see Kobe on him, but I like the test. Tyreke looks solid.

And Bynum definitely seems like he's 100% back. Our interior defense is weak, but Bynum has shown multiple ways to score.

No, we don't.

Yeah, Scott....I really like Evans. He needs to fix that slingshot jumper of his, but he's a very nice combination of size, speed, and balance.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

No, we don't.

Yeah, Scott....I really like Evans. He needs to fix that slingshot jumper of his, but he's a very nice combination of size, speed, and balance.

Yeah, I'm sure Kobe wasn't going full speed at him but he managed to get to the rim at will a few times. Bright future.

Missed a lot of the 2nd quarter with a bad online feed. Didn't hear -- what's up with Gasol?
Yeah, I'm sure Kobe wasn't going full speed at him but he managed to get to the rim at will a few times. Bright future.

Missed a lot of the 2nd quarter with a bad online feed. Didn't hear -- what's up with Gasol?

Slightly bum hamstring. He'd be playing if this was a regular season game.
On a side note, from what I've seen, the refs look fine.

Kobe's been doing that lately he went hard at Steph Curry as well.
Preseason game number 4.....Lakers and Bobcats at 7:30. For those of you who have dish network, but not the league pass.........Dish network is having a free preview of NBA TV up until the first week of the season is finished. NBA TV is channel 560. I have the league pass, so i get all the games, but i'm not sure if the preseason games are subject to free preview. the first week of the regular season is. If you have Dish give the game a shot its on channel 561.
From CelticsBlog...I think they hit the Kobe/LeBron dynamic perfectly.

Quote:
I think the main thing is that both supporting casts are tailored to the respective individual. Lebron has a group of spot-up shooters who float around the perimeter and wait for him to go one-on-one to create a jump shot opportunity. Kobe has a group of players that compliment his skills in the triangle offensive. Neither player would be as successful on the other team. Kobe at his age doesn't drive the lane enough to create the open looks Lebron does and Lebron would be lost with the sophistication of the triangle and his poor jump-shooting would be a problem.

Lebron probably passed Kobe as an individual force last year, but I still think Kobe's skill set, which includes mental attributes, is more appropriate for a championship team. For all his brilliance as a one-on-one player, Lebron's style of going one-on-five against the best teams is always going to have a hard time beating a squad that can match Cleveland for talent and runs a balanced team offensive, like the Lakers, Celtics, Magic, and possibly the Spurs.
Originally posted by dman:
From CelticsBlog...I think they hit the Kobe/LeBron dynamic perfectly.

Quote:
I think the main thing is that both supporting casts are tailored to the respective individual. Lebron has a group of spot-up shooters who float around the perimeter and wait for him to go one-on-one to create a jump shot opportunity. Kobe has a group of players that compliment his skills in the triangle offensive. Neither player would be as successful on the other team. Kobe at his age doesn't drive the lane enough to create the open looks Lebron does and Lebron would be lost with the sophistication of the triangle and his poor jump-shooting would be a problem.

Lebron probably passed Kobe as an individual force last year, but I still think Kobe's skill set, which includes mental attributes, is more appropriate for a championship team. For all his brilliance as a one-on-one player, Lebron's style of going one-on-five against the best teams is always going to have a hard time beating a squad that can match Cleveland for talent and runs a balanced team offensive, like the Lakers, Celtics, Magic, and possibly the Spurs.

Surprisingly insightful for a Celts blog.

You never know who's hiding on a site. Who'd guess that the b-ball/Laker Master we lovingly know as Pete would be here spitting knowledge on this 49er site?
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
F*ck yes, i finally get to watch my first laker game tonight.

Me too. I found a good link online that is working great.

Linky linky

I'm going to go to a Celtics game over Thanksgiving in Boston. I'm interested to see what it's like sitting with those animals. I think I'll probably feel like Jane Goodall did when she spent all those months with the gorillas. Assuming I survive, I will report back to you all.
Originally posted by nipplehead:
I'm going to go to a Celtics game over Thanksgiving in Boston. I'm interested to see what it's like sitting with those animals. I think I'll probably feel like Jane Goodall did when she spent all those months with the gorillas. Assuming I survive, I will report back to you all.

You need to remind those bandwagon re-tahds that they were chanting "MVP!" MVP!" for Kobe Bryant just 3 seasons ago in THEIR house.
Originally posted by nipplehead:

You need to remind those bandwagon re-tahds that they were chanting "MVP!" MVP!" for Kobe Bryant just 3 seasons ago in THEIR house.

Oh, definitely. My roommate (who I'm going with) is a diehard Celts fan, and I revel in bringing that up at every opportunity.

In fairness, he's a diehard Boston fan and he hates the rest of the Boston fans because he claims "they're all bandwagoners." Should be a fun game. We'll probably both get murdered.
It's hard to get too much out of watching a defending champion w/minimal roster turnover play during the preseason, but last year the Lakers have 3 guys that played well below their potential in the playoffs...Bynum, Farmar, & Vujacic. All three are playing well right now. Farmar normally irritates the hell out of me, but he's running the offense very well right now. I expect him to have a solid season, even if it's just because it's a contract year.

As for Artest, I'd like to see him be more aggressive on offense. I think he's trying too hard to fit in. Hopefully that will come with time, and defensively he's been very good.
Nice. Some dude on LG found this. Has anyone ever seen a finger roll where the guy jumped from this far out?

Share 49ersWebzone