LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Michigan Wolverines vs Illinois

Originally posted by djb49:
I have nothing against Michigan at all.. And I don't get to watch many Penn State games like I used to, but I do believe this will be a great game.. Hopefully I'll get to see this game this weekend..

And regarding Iowa.. Man, Iowa has been a tough team for a while IMO.. They always give Penn State a hard game.. I'm actually glad to see Iowa ranked so high.. I'm of the mindset that I don't care about strength of schedule and all that crap.. If the team has been playing balls out all year, they should be ranked high..

Plus, I'm sick of USC and OSU ranked high every damn year when the year starts.. Damn, USC loses to unranked Washington and still no. 7 now? And USC fans are probably wondering how Iowa jumped ahead since they are literally g'damn favorites every year!

But, I digress.. GO PENN STATE!!!
Iowa has played one of the toughest schedules so far.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I have nothing against Michigan at all.. And I don't get to watch many Penn State games like I used to, but I do believe this will be a great game.. Hopefully I'll get to see this game this weekend..

And regarding Iowa.. Man, Iowa has been a tough team for a while IMO.. They always give Penn State a hard game.. I'm actually glad to see Iowa ranked so high.. I'm of the mindset that I don't care about strength of schedule and all that crap.. If the team has been playing balls out all year, they should be ranked high..

Plus, I'm sick of USC and OSU ranked high every damn year when the year starts.. Damn, USC loses to unranked Washington and still no. 7 now? And USC fans are probably wondering how Iowa jumped ahead since they are literally g'damn favorites every year!

1st game they beat Northern Iowa by one point
They beat Arkansas State by 3
They beat Michigan by 2

they better not lose to MI state
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

They beat Michigan by 2

your point?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

They beat Michigan by 2

your point?

my point is that the barely inched out games against weak ass teams and better not blow the season at MSU and let OSU back in this thing
didn't get to see the game But i'm sure the same problems occured for Michigan and itl;s lack of speed overall on teh defense along with no strength on teh d line. Opposing teams can easily carve up the defense. The other major problem they have is a loack of speed at WR They don't have a home run hitter @ more recruititng classes and they should be fine.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by lamontb:
didn't get to see the game But i'm sure the same problems occured for Michigan and itl;s lack of speed overall on teh defense along with no strength on teh d line. Opposing teams can easily carve up the defense. The other major problem they have is a loack of speed at WR They don't have a home run hitter @ more recruititng classes and they should be fine.

Michigan took the opening drive of the game and shoved it down Penn States neck scoring a touchdown against a team that had not given up a first half touchdown all year.

Then on the next drive they again lost their best OL (center) who missed the four weeks prior with a broke foot to a ACL injury and he is now lost for the year.

You could clearly see the difference after he was replaced especially on the snap out of the end zone for a safety because backup boy didn’t know the call and snapped it when Tate was still directing traffic from the gun.

The dumbest move was taking out Tate and throwing in shoelace to run the offense I’m ok with him being in for certain plays but he is no where near ready to manage that game. He promptly threw a pick on his first drive and fumbled on the next. After that it was game over.

They have a couple of burners at WR actually one who is also the punt returner that is very explosive and another guy who is pretty good at stretching the field. They also always seem to have a handful of solid running backs.

The D is crap
Very average DL with one good pass rusher average LB OK DB and Safety’s that suck with the exception of maybe three guys no one can tackle which seems to be their biggest downfall.
wtf is wrong with Michigans defense? I cannot remember a michigan defense as soft as this years team.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Denard Robinson is Fast
wtf is wrong with Michigans defense? I cannot remember a michigan defense as soft as this years team.

It has me very worried as a Michigan fan. There defense has been eroding for years. But under Carr the talent was there the coaching wasn't there. Now it seems like a major lack of speed and talent. This 3-3-5 they are playing isn't gonna hold up in the big Ten against power running. Offensively they are ok but defensively i think they need a lot of work and have a leader/game breaker emerge on that side of the ball.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

It has me very worried as a Michigan fan. There defense has been eroding for years. But under Carr the talent was there the coaching wasn't there. Now it seems like a major lack of speed and talent. This 3-3-5 they are playing isn't gonna hold up in the big Ten against power running. Offensively they are ok but defensively i think they need a lot of work and have a leader/game breaker emerge on that side of the ball.

well two of the top DB's in the nation couldn't pass the damn college test so they kicked em out of school

good NT ok LB's DB will be the downfall

well two of the top DB's in the nation couldn't pass the damn college test so they kicked em out of school

good NT ok LB's DB will be the downfall

Yea guess we have to give it some more time to see what will come together. But i think Notre Dame passing wise should be able to exploit them. Hope i'm wrong and see a play maker starting to emerge somewhere on that defense.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Denard Robinson is Fast

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Why the hell didn't Crist atleast give one of his guys a chance to catch the ball?
Denard Robinson is Fast

Vick 2.0 minus the dogs

think he throws a bit better too
Share 49ersWebzone