LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

NBA Eastern and Western Division predictions

So this thread went from "NBA Western Division predictions" to "Which sport is your favorite, and why?".
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm with Pete. Basketball is life, everything else is a distant second.

1) NBA

2) NFL
3) MLB
4) College basketball (only like to watch future NBA players but I don't have a favorite team )
5) Soccer, international teams mostly. MLS sucks.
6) College football
7) Hockey

[ Edited by crzy on Sep 3, 2009 at 10:59:56 ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So this thread went from "NBA Western Division predictions" to "Which sport is your favorite, and why?".

The timberwolves may not finish first in the West, but they will for sure be ahead of the Lakers thats for sure
Originally posted by TX9R:
I think you're in the minority here. All of the things you mentioned are why the NFL is so great, every event is monumental. All other sports, incvluding the NBA and esp MLB just play too many damn games. The NBA has too many teams in the playoffs. Now the postseason is exciting, but it renders the reg season next to meaningless.
Honestly, I like the NBA, but really it's just there to pass the time until football starts. In fact I would proabably watch the Lions play the Raiders before I would watch a regular season rematch of the previous 2 NBA finalists.

Being that this is a football website, I would imagine that you're right that I'm in the minority here. I suppose that every football game is "monumental", but if your team sucks, as ours has for the past few years, there are about 8 interesting games, and the rest is playing out the string.

I definitely love watching football, but there isn't enough of it for my taste, and even in terms of the basic sport, I like basketball better. The NFL is more specialized in it's skill sets, (i.e. linemen, receivers, qbs, etc.) whereas I think that overall weaknesses/strenghts are exploited more in b-ball. I also think that the scoring is more indicative of who outplayed who in basketball. In football, you can drive the ball 85 yards, and then get a pass intercepted for a TD, and then the other team's up 7-0, when you kicked their asses on all but one play.

But to each his own. Those are just a couple of the reasons why basketball's #1 for me.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

The timberwolves may not finish first in the West, but they will for sure be ahead of the Lakers thats for sure

Trying to spice up this thread

Your first rounder is pulling a Crabtree though.
Originally posted by crzy:

Trying to spice up this thread

Your first rounder is pulling a Crabtree though.

nope FLynn and Ellington have signed
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I think you're in the minority here. All of the things you mentioned are why the NFL is so great, every event is monumental. All other sports, incvluding the NBA and esp MLB just play too many damn games. The NBA has too many teams in the playoffs. Now the postseason is exciting, but it renders the reg season next to meaningless.
Honestly, I like the NBA, but really it's just there to pass the time until football starts. In fact I would proabably watch the Lions play the Raiders before I would watch a regular season rematch of the previous 2 NBA finalists.

Being that this is a football website, I would imagine that you're right that I'm in the minority here. I suppose that every football game is "monumental", but if your team sucks, as ours has for the past few years, there are about 8 interesting games, and the rest is playing out the string.

I definitely love watching football, but there isn't enough of it for my taste, and even in terms of the basic sport, I like basketball better. The NFL is more specialized in it's skill sets, (i.e. linemen, receivers, qbs, etc.) whereas I think that overall weaknesses/strenghts are exploited more in b-ball. I also think that the scoring is more indicative of who outplayed who in basketball. In football, you can drive the ball 85 yards, and then get a pass intercepted for a TD, and then the other team's up 7-0, when you kicked their asses on all but one play.

But to each his own. Those are just a couple of the reasons why basketball's #1 for me.

Couldn't the same be said about the NBA if your team sucks? I mean do they even watch the NBA in Memphis? I sure as hell wouldn't. My interest in sports is directly correlted to the suckiness of my team. Except in football, I'm stoked no matter what. If you weren't a Lakers fan I wonder if you would feel the same, I mean you know they'll always be at least decent. It was that way as a Niner fan for 20 years.

Couldn't the same be said about the NBA if your team sucks? I mean do they even watch the NBA in Memphis? I sure as hell wouldn't. My interest in sports is directly correlted to the suckiness of my team. Except in football, I'm stoked no matter what. If you weren't a Lakers fan I wonder if you would feel the same, I mean you know they'll always be at least decent. It was that way as a Niner fan for 20 years.

i watch as many timberwolves games as i can, and theyve sucked for the majority of there existence
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

So you're a fairweather fan in other sports...
Sacramento will not be the worst team in the West two years in a row. Westphal will have them surprising people.

Thanks for the love.

Hey Valrod, gentlemen's bet, Kings finish better than the T-Wolves this year. I'm confident.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Sacramento will not be the worst team in the West two years in a row. Westphal will have them surprising people.

Thanks for the love.

Hey Valrod, gentlemen's bet, Kings finish better than the T-Wolves this year. I'm confident.

I can't help it. I have a mancrush on Tyreke Evans.

Thanks for the love.

you have yourself a bet, so what kind of gentlemen do you like?

Thanks for the love.

Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the love.

Benjamin Franklin
  • jrg
  • Veteran
1. MLB

2. NFL/NBA

3. NHL/College Football
Share 49ersWebzone