LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

2009-2010 Texas Longhorns Page

Originally posted by TX9R:
Serious question, does anyone who has been watching the last few weeks not think Texas is playing the best ball right now? This may be the best defense we've ever had, and that includes the 2005 team that all pretty much went pro.

Really? I know of Sergio Kindle but who else is punching their NFL ticket?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Serious question, does anyone who has been watching the last few weeks not think Texas is playing the best ball right now? This may be the best defense we've ever had, and that includes the 2005 team that all pretty much went pro.

Earl Thomas, Roddrick Muckelroy.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Individually may not be as talented, but as far as playing team defense they are unbeleivable. Acho has actually had a bertter year than Kindle. The entire secondary is good and young. I'm fully confident that they could stop the run vs anyone, and the team they will be playing in Jan relies too much on that facet to beat Texas.
Texas-Kansas right now!!! hahaha mangino,
  • Dino
  • Veteran

Nebraska vs Texas in big 12 championship game.

I'll be happy if the Huskers can keep it within 14.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Congrats to Colt McCoy, now the winningest QB in NCAA history.
Originally posted by dobophile:

That was a worrying performance last night. I wanted to be able to take my Turkey nap while watching the game, confident that Texas was going to smoke 'em. I figured Texas would have a 3 TD lead in the first half. But no. I had to stay awake and watch as the defense was picked apart by the Aggies.

The game against Texas is always the biggest game of the year for them. They're obsessed or something. So I understand that they played their best football in ages because of the special motivation of beating Texas. Even so, Texas should have been able to keep a substantial lead throughout the game. The defense underperformed, I think.

Yeah, I was definitely disappointed in the defense, but I had a feeling the aggies would put up a lot of points. They actually have a pretty stout offense, though they're very inconsistent. All of their wins were by an average of 27 points...and so were their losses. I highly doubt the defense will play that poorly against Nebraska's crummy offense.
  • Dino
  • Veteran

Good luck fellas!
Originally posted by Dino:

Good luck fellas!

• TX9R
  • Veteran
We nearly got Ndomakonged. That dude is philthy. He should win the heisman. Oh well, Bring on Bama.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Texas doesn't lose in BCS bowls.

This

If they play anything like they did tonight....they will lose.

They will not beat Alabama.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
How lame is it that we are posting here on a saturday night? I have a baby. What's your excuse?
Share 49ersWebzone