LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

2009-2010 Texas Longhorns Page

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Seems to be enough of us here now for our own page. With Colt returning, a top 5 Oline and a bitter taste from last year, this looks to be the best team since 2005. 1st up: Lousiana Monroe. The best thing about this game is it will be the first look at freshman phenom QB Garret Gilbert
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Oh yeah, this

September 5 Louisiana-Monroe 7:00 PM ET
September 12 at Wyoming 3:30 PM ET
September 19 Texas Tech 8:00 PM ET
September 26 UTEP 3:30 PM ET
October 10 Colorado TBA
October 17 vs. No. 3 Oklahoma* 12:00 PM ET
October 24 at Missouri TBA
October 31 at No. 9 Oklahoma State TBA
November 7 UCF TBA
November 14 at Baylor TBA
November 21 No. 25 Kansas TBA
November 26 at Texas A&M 8:00 PM ET
You guys have a really easy schedule this year. I didn't realize just how possible it is for you to go undefeated.

Oklahoma is really the only team that could beat you. Oklahoma State is horrifically overrated - they're the Clemson of last year. Outside of OU, I don't see any teams that could pose a problem.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nipplehead:
You guys have a really easy schedule this year. I didn't realize just how possible it is for you to go undefeated.

Oklahoma is really the only team that could beat you. Oklahoma State is horrifically overrated - they're the Clemson of last year. Outside of OU, I don't see any teams that could pose a problem.

OSu had a pretty good defense, wasn't easy last year for Texas and that offense isn't any worse. I also wouldn't sleep on Baylor. Unlike last year, I will be very surprised if OU beats us, which means they very well might. But really it all comes down to that game. Like every year.

[ Edited by TX9R on Sep 2, 2009 at 10:05:37 ]

Those pesky Oklahoma teams are the only ones I'm really worried about.
The game verse Oklahoma and at Oklahoma State will be some extremely tough match ups. But other then that, its a pretty soft schedule.

Florida (the other favorite) has at LSU and Georgia, Florida St, and probably Alabama.

USC (another possible undefeated record) has at Ohio State, at Cal, at Oregon.

I think Texas has the easiest road out of those 3 teams. I put USC schedule above Texas becuase its 3 road trips versus Texas with only one road trip against a high ranked team.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 2, 2009 at 13:18:29 ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
The game verse Oklahoma and at Oklahoma State will be some extremely tough match ups. But other then that, its a pretty soft schedule.

Florida (the other favorite) has at LSU and Georgia, Florida St, and probably Alabama.

I think Texas has the easiest road out of those 3 teams. I put USC schedule above Texas becuase its 3 road trips versus Texas with only one road trip against a high ranked team.

Texas does have a pretty soft schedule this year. I think the only way their schedule looks tougher is if a Big 12 north team does really well and Texas takes them in the Big 12 title game. Honestly, I think that's why SEC teams and Big 12 teams get the nod more often that not, because of the conference championship games.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Texas does have a pretty soft schedule this year. I think the only way their schedule looks tougher is if a Big 12 north team does really well and Texas takes them in the Big 12 title game. Honestly, I think that's why SEC teams and Big 12 teams get the nod more often that not, because of the conference championship games.

It's basically the same as last year, which was very tough. The only difference is that most of the talent from teams like Tech and Mizzou are gone. But they are being replaced by Robinson coming back, the guy at Baylor is sick too. Really the North is dragging down the conference unless Nebraska or Colorado can come back. In the 09s, the North was the strength, it's all cyclical. I'll admit the OOC is not as tough in years past where we played Arkansas and Ohio State.
Griffin (that's the QB at Baylor, yes?) is totally sick, but the team as a whole still sucks. I'd be surprised if they came within 4 touchdowns of you guys. It's a really down schedule for you guys this year - it's good in that it presents a good opportunity to run the table, but it's bad in that if you lose a game you probably will get jumped in the BCS by other one-loss teams.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
October 24th

BOOMER SOONER!
Originally posted by TX9R:

It's basically the same as last year, which was very tough. The only difference is that most of the talent from teams like Tech and Mizzou are gone. But they are being replaced by Robinson coming back, the guy at Baylor is sick too. Really the North is dragging down the conference unless Nebraska or Colorado can come back. In the 09s, the North was the strength, it's all cyclical. I'll admit the OOC is not as tough in years past where we played Arkansas and Ohio State.

yeah i agree. WTF happened to the North? Colorado and Nebraska totally disappeared in the 2000's.

I'll be rooting for you guys in the Big 12, I can't stand OU, A&M, or Tech. I seriously hate those schools, I only hate Arizona more.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

yeah i agree. WTF happened to the North? Colorado and Nebraska totally disappeared in the 2000's.

I'll be rooting for you guys in the Big 12, I can't stand OU, A&M, or Tech. I seriously hate those schools, I only hate Arizona more.

It's the speed. Those north teams were good because they played old school smash mouth football because that's what their HS players are bred for. Now the game has changed, but the athletes haven't. Cold makes you slow.
I don't know why you hate UofA, they suck at football.

It's the speed. Those north teams were good because they played old school smash mouth football because that's what their HS players are bred for. Now the game has changed, but the athletes haven't. Cold makes you slow.
I don't know why you hate UofA, they suck at football.

Look at his name...he went to ASU.

Coincidentally, I tend to root for ASU when I watch Pac-10 games. Not sure why, I think it's the mascot.

But yeah, the north really went through some s**t with Colorado's scandals, Nebraska's quick decline, the fluke of K State ending, etc. I'll be interested in seeing how well Kansas and Mizzou are this year. Hopefully they don't stink it up.
Share 49ersWebzone