LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

So You Want To Play Some Pick Up Ball?

Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by AC49er:
As a college student always playing pick-up in the rec this is all too true. I hate the 8/8.5 douches the most.

I find that at school I get a lot more of the 8/8.5s and the 7s as well...

But at home, whenever I go for pick up games in the park, omg, there is an insurmountable amount of 1s and 3s...omg, just a couple weeks ago, I was playing a pick up game at a park, and some motherf**ker was calling kick ball on any ball that hit your leg (there was a play where the ball hit my knee he called kick ball) and omg, this monkey ass called that someone on my team "fouled out"...he said that he was keeping track of the number of fouls everyone was committing (but to help us out, he only counted what he classified as the "blatant" calls and the ones that we ourselves would acknowledge from time to time) and that he had reached his 5th foul and had to be replaced immediately...he was dead serious...and when asked how many fouls he himself had committed, he replied, "none, but I did have a couple of over the backs that were missed calls"

ARE YOU s**tTING ME?!?!?!!?!?

Of course, we then asked him if we could play by NBA rules and allow him 6 fouls...which after much hassle he finally agreed to...little b***h I swear to God...if it wasnt for the fact that without him we woulda had 5 on 4...he would have been gone...GONE I TELL YOU...

*Edit-And great Jesus, his argument for why it should have been 5 fouls to foul out was because the court we were playing was college regulation...so thus, he said "well we must be playing by college rules then"...stupid piece of brown s**t...short sucky little f**k too...he was terrible! Jesus...

I can't believe that you guys actually negotiated with him. Where the hell do you live? OC, right? I can't think of any park I've ever played with where that would have even been a discussion.
I posted about this last year...run into a bunch of clowns playing pick-up hoops.

Couple good reads.

8 Annoying Street Ball Types
10 more...

Played for 4 hours today. Most common for me are the "coaches on the floor." I just start naming them -- Coach Pop, Doc Rivers.
lol. Good stuff.

-9fA
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
As a college student always playing pick-up in the rec this is all too true. I hate the 8/8.5 douches the most.

But at home, whenever I go for pick up games in the park, omg, there is an insurmountable amount of 1s and 3s...omg, just a couple weeks ago, I was playing a pick up game at a park, and some motherf**ker was calling kick ball on any ball that hit your leg (there was a play where the ball hit my knee he called kick ball) and omg, this monkey ass called that someone on my team "fouled out"...he said that he was keeping track of the number of fouls everyone was committing (but to help us out, he only counted what he classified as the "blatant" calls and the ones that we ourselves would acknowledge from time to time) and that he had reached his 5th foul and had to be replaced immediately...he was dead serious...and when asked how many fouls he himself had committed, he replied, "none, but I did have a couple of over the backs that were missed calls"

Of course, we then asked him if we could play by NBA rules and allow him 6 fouls...which after much hassle he finally agreed to...little b***h I swear to God...if it wasnt for the fact that without him we woulda had 5 on 4...he would have been gone...GONE I TELL YOU...

*Edit-And great Jesus, his argument for why it should have been 5 fouls to foul out was because the court we were playing was college regulation...so thus, he said "well we must be playing by college rules then"...stupid piece of brown s**t...short sucky little f**k too...he was terrible! Jesus...

I can't believe that you guys actually negotiated with him. Where the hell do you live? OC, right? I can't think of any park I've ever played with where that would have even been a discussion.

Dude would've been heckled off the court. Fouled out! Guess we'll have to go to our bench now!

Anyone else encounter the tiny, younger guy that talks trash WAY too much? I've run into that a few times and for some reason, I always saved him from being pummeled.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I think right now I'd be # 12 Tall guy who is garbage
Originally posted by Esco:

But you can block shots, right? I have a friend your height (or close) that is the immovable fat guy. We don't let him shoot, but he's good to hold the ball for you if you need to move around.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Esco:

But you can block shots, right? I have a friend your height (or close) that is the immovable fat guy. We don't let him shoot, but he's good to hold the ball for you if you need to move around.

That's about all I can do now. I haven't played ball regularly since high school (when I was actually pretty good) and when I joined a full court pick up game a few months ago I felt like Gheorghe Muresan on a really bad day. Funny part was I got picked first because of my height (pwned).
My uncle is definitely always fouled and never fouls guy...at EVERY sport...

Dude would've been heckled off the court. Fouled out! Guess we'll have to go to our bench now!

Anyone else encounter the tiny, younger guy that talks trash WAY too much? I've run into that a few times and for some reason, I always saved him from being pummeled.

YES this small white piece of s**t who goes to the park talks SO MUCH s**t and he does absolutely nothing...he plays no defense and just cherry picks and makes like one three for every 10 he attempts...and hes like 5'2 105 pounds...

Corona, the hub of the Inland Empire (if thats something to be proud of lol), but yeah, we discussed it, I mean it was either that or several of the guys were going to pound his ass but he was not alone, a few guys on both teams I think were either related or friends with him since he had a few guys pushing around fighting for him, saying, "yeah cuzz, you fouled out" and s**t and it was just amazing...AMAZING...I felt like I was being punked, but yeah, it wasnt like he was by himself, although Im also 100% sure the guys who were kind of "defending" him if you will were not doing it because they felt he was correct but because they knew if they didnt, his ass would get f**ked up...

So we had a real grown up discussion about it, lol

YES this small white piece of s**t who goes to the park talks SO MUCH s**t and he does absolutely nothing...he plays no defense and just cherry picks and makes like one three for every 10 he attempts...and hes like 5'2 105 pounds...

Sounds about right. The last one I encountered tried to fight my crazy older brother. I stopped the fight (talked my brother out of killing him), but I laid the guy out with a nasty pick to shut him up.
Originally posted by dobophile:

Sounds about right. The last one I encountered tried to fight my crazy older brother. I stopped the fight (talked my brother out of killing him), but I laid the guy out with a nasty pick to shut him up.

Pants, where do you play? Do you know of any good places around town?

I'm not asking in a creepy, single white female kind of way . . . I'm just curious because I'm getting really tired of the guys who play at my apartment complex.

Anything east of I-35!

Well, I was playing in Hyde Park, but I'm out of that neighborhood now. My most recent game was actually at my brother's shop on St. Elmo (hardly a great place to play). I like to avoid Gregory gym because of the fratty douches, so I actually have nowhere to play right now.

I was actually kinda hoping you'd know of a good place. I wish there was a place where only old, fat guys played, so I'd look like a badass.

Always calls a foul guy
Never foul guy
Bad gear guy

These 3 get me the most. I encountered the worst bad gear guy. Dude was a tall hippie wearing SANDALS!!
Haha my buddy if def the one that always wants to be skins haha
Share 49ersWebzone