• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
LMAO. I am number 2.

"My bad. It's just this war"

"Illegal defense, check it up"
"There is always a shot clock!!"
"Where'd you get the clipboard"

"We go skins"

I know some kid ballers too. I got schooled by a skinny black kid who was like 13, but he was 6'2.
That s**t is true. lol
lol its so true haha

I haven't played pickup ball in years, but I was probably "bad gear" guy. I used to have a term for another guy that I'd always encounter that I'd like to add to that list.

13) Harold Miner

Old guy in a tank top who sweats profusely and has a hair farm on his shoulders & chest.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I haven't played pickup ball in years, but I was probably "bad gear" guy. I used to have a term for another guy that I'd always encounter that I'd like to add to that list.

13) Harold Miner

Old guy in a tank top who sweats profusely and has a hair farm on his shoulders & chest.

Miner? Don't you mean Luis Scola?

[ Edited by crzy on Aug 8, 2009 at 18:45:22 ]
Originally posted by crzy:

13) Harold Miner

Miner? Don't you mean Luis Scola?

LOL. Well, when I used to use the term, it was before Scola played. It was a play on words referring to Harold (aka Harry or in our case...Hairy) Miner (one who harvests copious amounts of something).

We had all sorts of names for people.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Aug 8, 2009 at 18:47:32 ]
Growing up we encountered #11 but this time you're talking about a 5'4" 60 yr old man who could shoot lights out. He had this weird wind up and once you figured it out you could block his shot easily but wouldn't and he'd shoot lights out.

13) Harold Miner

I'm definitely "bad gear" guy, too. I used to play in baggy jeans and ridiculous boots.

I also sweat like nobody's business. I use that to my advantage A LOT.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Growing up we encountered #11 but this time you're talking about a 5'4" 60 yr old man who could shoot lights out. He had this weird wind up and once you figured it out you could block his shot easily but wouldn't and he'd shoot lights out.

I feel you on that too.

I used to play every day with my coworkers at my old job, and this 60 year old, unathletic-looking old guy who used to be a big shot basketball player in high school always is the best player on the court. That guy had a fade-away that ALWAYS went in.

We called him Grandpa Jordan.

[ Edited by crzy on Aug 8, 2009 at 19:18:09 ]

As a college student always playing pick-up in the rec this is all too true. I hate the 8/8.5 douches the most.
too funny man....hahahahahahah
Originally posted by AC49er:
As a college student always playing pick-up in the rec this is all too true. I hate the 8/8.5 douches the most.

I find that at school I get a lot more of the 8/8.5s and the 7s as well...

But at home, whenever I go for pick up games in the park, omg, there is an insurmountable amount of 1s and 3s...omg, just a couple weeks ago, I was playing a pick up game at a park, and some motherf**ker was calling kick ball on any ball that hit your leg (there was a play where the ball hit my knee he called kick ball) and omg, this monkey ass called that someone on my team "fouled out"...he said that he was keeping track of the number of fouls everyone was committing (but to help us out, he only counted what he classified as the "blatant" calls and the ones that we ourselves would acknowledge from time to time) and that he had reached his 5th foul and had to be replaced immediately...he was dead serious...and when asked how many fouls he himself had committed, he replied, "none, but I did have a couple of over the backs that were missed calls"

ARE YOU s**tTING ME?!?!?!!?!?

Of course, we then asked him if we could play by NBA rules and allow him 6 fouls...which after much hassle he finally agreed to...little b***h I swear to God...if it wasnt for the fact that without him we woulda had 5 on 4...he would have been gone...GONE I TELL YOU...

*Edit-And great Jesus, his argument for why it should have been 5 fouls to foul out was because the court we were playing was college regulation...so thus, he said "well we must be playing by college rules then"...stupid piece of brown s**t...short sucky little f**k too...he was terrible! Jesus...

[ Edited by GameOver on Aug 8, 2009 at 21:00:06 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GameOver:

But at home, whenever I go for pick up games in the park, omg, there is an insurmountable amount of 1s and 3s...omg, just a couple weeks ago, I was playing a pick up game at a park, and some motherf**ker was calling kick ball on any ball that hit your leg (there was a play where the ball hit my knee he called kick ball) and omg, this monkey ass called that someone on my team "fouled out"...he said that he was keeping track of the number of fouls everyone was committing (but to help us out, he only counted what he classified as the "blatant" calls and the ones that we ourselves would acknowledge from time to time) and that he had reached his 5th foul and had to be replaced immediately...he was dead serious...and when asked how many fouls he himself had committed, he replied, "none, but I did have a couple of over the backs that were missed calls"

Of course, we then asked him if we could play by NBA rules and allow him 6 fouls...which after much hassle he finally agreed to...little b***h I swear to God...if it wasnt for the fact that without him we woulda had 5 on 4...he would have been gone...GONE I TELL YOU...

*Edit-And great Jesus, his argument for why it should have been 5 fouls to foul out was because the court we were playing was college regulation...so thus, he said "well we must be playing by college rules then"...stupid piece of brown s**t...short sucky little f**k too...he was terrible! Jesus...

I would have kicked his ass out and played 4-4 rotating someone in
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by GameOver:

I would have kicked his ass out and played 4-4 rotating someone in

That takes an element out from the game...honestly though, if someone had said the idea outloud, Im sure it would have been done, but at the time we just kinda played through it...we thought of it as equivalent to increasing the level of difficulty, like you would in a video game, except in real life...

Although now that I look back at it, it was definitely an experience that I would not relive...
Share 49ersWebzone