LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

***2009/10 USC Football Thread****

Looks like Corp is starting QB so far, I like his dual threat ability.
Our defense might be a question mark after losing 9 players but I expect Caroll to rebuild this team and have them ready for the season.
Our biggest game looks like Sept 12 @ Ohio State.

We have Mays and McKnight back so that should help our young guys a lot.

2009 Schedule

9/05 San Jose State
9/12 @ Ohio State
9/19 @ Washington
9/26 Washington State
10/03 @ California
10/17 @ Notre Dame
10/24 Oregon State
10/31 @ Oregon
11/07 @ Arizona State
11/14 Stanford
11/28 UCLA
12/05 Arizona

[ Edited by Hollywood49er on Aug 7, 2009 at 15:12:07 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Will they start Matt Barkley??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Probably not , but i can see him getting into some games this season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

I think this kid is gonna be a future 1st round pick, barring injury of course. Watching his high school highlights, he looks like a man amongst boys. Nice pick up USC.
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

I think this kid is gonna be a future 1st round pick, barring injury of course. Watching his high school highlights, he looks like a man amongst boys. Nice pick up USC.

i agree. From what i've been hearing he would be the best USC QB since Carson Palmer. Im excited about the next few seasons for him.
Bring the NC home!!!! I wanna see mays vs pryor
Glad you started this sucker up!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Im going to watch your Trojans come to BErkley this year and get torched by JB!!!
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Barkley will eventually start this year

he'll be the #1 pick in 3 years

[ Edited by USC49ER on Aug 11, 2009 at 00:01:11 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Like I said a man amonst boys!!!

He kind of remind me of Sam Bradford. He threw a nice pass in the corner of the endzone. Has a pretty quick release, he actually steps into his throws and doesn't just rely on his arm, this is something Shaun Hill should take note of. I know hes only in High School, but the kid does tend to stare down his receiver, I'm sure they will correct that at SC.

Honestly, if I was Matt Barkely, I would probably have chosen USC too over Ohio St., Texas and even Florida. I'm not saying he did, but USC's offense would be best to follow through with your mechanics going into the Pro's, not to mention they also have the closest offense you could get to being in the Pro's (Notre Dame is another IMO). Its not just an offense that will let you adapt to just cause you have good arm strength.

With that said, you would think I was a SC fan, I wish Hawaii had that type of recruiting and offense that SC does. Oh nooooo, our damn HC is to busy being stupid calling Notre Dame "f****ts" WTF, what an idiot. Time to axe the McMackin and call up Norm Chow!!! (OK done venting)
Well, since I'll be attending USC in a couple weeks, go Trojans!
With that said, you would think I was a SC fan, I wish Hawaii had that type of recruiting and offense that SC does. Oh nooooo, our damn HC is to busy being stupid calling Notre Dame "f****ts" WTF, what an idiot. Time to axe the McMackin and call up Norm Chow!!! (OK done venting)

Hahaha...well, we'll be seeing you guys in Hawaii next year! Maybe Pete can rub off on McMackin then...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by nipplehead:

Hahaha...well, we'll be seeing you guys in Hawaii next year! Maybe Pete can rub off on McMackin then...

With USC now with a brand new QB and your brand new defense...we have a fighting chance!!!
Share 49ersWebzone