There are 181 users in the forums

FORBES: Kobe Bryant #5 Most Disliked People in Sports

Originally posted by crzy:
Kobe is a swagga jacka who tries so desperately to be Michael Jordan. He has a very unlikeable personality.

He just has no charisma at all.

He's like the kid in high school who tries so hard to be cool. Giving himself a nickname, getting tattoos, changing his number to one over Jordan's, wearing the Iverson arm sleeve

I would respect him a lot more if he wasn't such a poser.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Kobe has balls. As a rookie out of college shooting airballs in the playoffs against Utah, taking 35 shots in a game and making 5, guarding Jordan whenever possible. ..he doesnt give a f*ck about what anyone thinks, ever, and even though he is a d*ck, has no charisma, probably did rape a chick, and isnt a team player, he doesnt give a f*ck about anything but winning, and thats why people hate him. He tries to soften up his image with the olymmmpicccs and NBA cares community service, but he really doesnt care, and he keeps winning, and thats why hes #5. he wins, and will do pretty much anything to do it. I dont know why people dont respect that more, he isnt killing your mom to win, hes just a jerk? who cares?

Toss out the "people hate him because he wins" crap. "Winners" are on display every year in every sport, yet no one is disliked as much as this fool. The reasons are many, but "winning" is the least of it.

Im not sure about that. If he didnt win alot, he wouldnt be on this list, we wouldnt be talking about him, and he wouldnt even be hated at all. There are plenty of douchebag, no charisma, raping girl losers in sports that no one cares about...so i dont really understand your argument there.

Theres plenty reasons why people hate the Yankees, the most hated franchise there is...spending ridiculous amounts of money, being a red sox fan, etc. etc....but the main reason is because they have won the most world series-26. Winners are on display every day in every sport, but few win fkn 4 championships in less than a decade, and are pretty much the face of it...How can you possibly say that winning is the LEAST of it???

Your post displays how out of touch you are with the true reasons why many hate him. Also, you make it sound like winning is the only reason to dislike someone who plays a sport. Karl Malone didn't win sh!t and he's the only NBAer I'd put ahead of Kobe as far as most hated.

If he didnt win alot, he wouldnt be on this list
WRONG

A snitch is a snitch regardless of the trophy case. Throwing the Yankees out there as an example of "people hate winners" is a big reach and does not pass as a parallel. Hating a team is nothing compared to hating a person - I'm not talking about Kobe the player, I'm talking about Kobe, the person.

There's an old saying about Barry Bonds: "He may be a pr!ck, but he's our prick."

This means, we, his hometown fans, knew he was a big jerk, but loved him anyway. What Kobe defenders seem to not get is this objectivity. Just say it. Embrace it. "Kobe may be a phony, unlikable, snitch but he's our phony, unlikable, snitch."

I'd be able to respect Kobe fans if they just acknowledge the lousy human behind the NBA skills that they're cheering for.

we wouldnt be talking about him

WRONG AGAIN

We (fans) have opinions about players on teams we like, dislike, and are indifferent to. Those opinions get stronger when the players are hated rivals (SEE: lakers/dodgers/cowboys/trojans). Everything about the person supersedes my dislike of all things lakers.

he wouldnt even be hated at all.

WRONG (SEE: A snitch is a snitch regardless of the trophy case.)

In 12/13 years, I have yet to see him exhibit any admirable human traits. If he has any, it's utterly undetectable.

"probably did rape a chick"

I'm sure he didn't rape that psychotic, disturbed, money-grubbing, star-struck, floozy. His stupid behavior was bad judgement (cheating on his wife). But hey, at least we got a good mug shot to remember him by.

few win fkn 4 championships in less than a decade, and are pretty much the face of it...How can you possibly say that winning is the LEAST of it??

Let's look at a few teams that have won more than 2 in a short span- '80s Lakers, '80s Celtics, '90s Bulls, '00s SA, and LA. Is there anyone from any of those other teams as universally hated? No? Why is that, you think?

So pretty much you're saying you hate him because there are zero detectable personal traits that you like about him as a person, and you think he's a snitch.

Why do you care if he's a stand up guy? do you like professional basketball players on a sexual level? I'm not watching the X games looking for any ADMIRABLE HUMAN TRAITS in the the motocross or while im watching the Buick Open, are you?

Karl Malone is a terrible parallel, Kobe isnt kicking anyone in the head, but he does occasionally wack people in the head to try and create fouls so i gues that puts him on the same level as KARL MALONE.He isnt a known dirty player, and he isnt a thug like a ton of basketball players. No one liked Malone, and you're right wining had nothing to do with it.

And you dont like how he "snitched"?? His snitching has slowly placed the Lakers on top of the NBA...Mitch Kupchak is the mastermind behind the lakers, but Kobe was the catalyst. Shaq was going downhill fast, and now seeing him bounced around a bunch of teams showed me all i needed to know aboout our decision to keep your little "snitch". Phil hated Kobe so much, HE CAME BACK TO COACH HIM!!!!WHAT A SNITCH! Then Kobe b***hes and b***hes (same position D Wade is in now), says he is going to leave, and that spurs us to get Gasol and Ariza..and now this snitch is the favorite for this years championship too after winning the MVP.

You can hate Kobe all you want, and you have plenty of reasons to. I understand your hate, and why he is widely considered to be one of the most hated players in sports, but your reasons are no more legit than mine for hating Tim Duncan, Lebron James, or the Celtics. Not having adcmirable human traits, or because you think he is a snitch, are pretty weak IMO.

[ Edited by DynastyChile on Aug 1, 2009 at 20:27:29 ]

Kobe has balls. As a rookie out of college shooting airballs in the playoffs against Utah, taking 35 shots in a game and making 5, guarding Jordan whenever possible. ..he doesnt give a f*ck about what anyone thinks, ever, and even though he is a d*ck, has no charisma, probably did rape a chick, and isnt a team player, he doesnt give a f*ck about anything but winning, and thats why people hate him. He tries to soften up his image with the olymmmpicccs and NBA cares community service, but he really doesnt care, and he keeps winning, and thats why hes #5. he wins, and will do pretty much anything to do it. I dont know why people dont respect that more, he isnt killing your mom to win, hes just a jerk? who cares?

Toss out the "people hate him because he wins" crap. "Winners" are on display every year in every sport, yet no one is disliked as much as this fool. The reasons are many, but "winning" is the least of it.

Im not sure about that. If he didnt win alot, he wouldnt be on this list, we wouldnt be talking about him, and he wouldnt even be hated at all. There are plenty of douchebag, no charisma, raping girl losers in sports that no one cares about...so i dont really understand your argument there.

Theres plenty reasons why people hate the Yankees, the most hated franchise there is...spending ridiculous amounts of money, being a red sox fan, etc. etc....but the main reason is because they have won the most world series-26. Winners are on display every day in every sport, but few win fkn 4 championships in less than a decade, and are pretty much the face of it...How can you possibly say that winning is the LEAST of it???

Your post displays how out of touch you are with the true reasons why many hate him. Also, you make it sound like winning is the only reason to dislike someone who plays a sport. Karl Malone didn't win sh!t and he's the only NBAer I'd put ahead of Kobe as far as most hated.

WRONG

A snitch is a snitch regardless of the trophy case. Throwing the Yankees out there as an example of "people hate winners" is a big reach and does not pass as a parallel. Hating a team is nothing compared to hating a person - I'm not talking about Kobe the player, I'm talking about Kobe, the person.

There's an old saying about Barry Bonds: "He may be a pr!ck, but he's our prick."

This means, we, his hometown fans, knew he was a big jerk, but loved him anyway. What Kobe defenders seem to not get is this objectivity. Just say it. Embrace it. "Kobe may be a phony, unlikable, snitch but he's our phony, unlikable, snitch."

I'd be able to respect Kobe fans if they just acknowledge the lousy human behind the NBA skills that they're cheering for.

WRONG AGAIN

We (fans) have opinions about players on teams we like, dislike, and are indifferent to. Those opinions get stronger when the players are hated rivals (SEE: lakers/dodgers/cowboys/trojans). Everything about the person supersedes my dislike of all things lakers.

In 12/13 years, I have yet to see him exhibit any admirable human traits. If he has any, it's utterly undetectable.

I'm sure he didn't rape that psychotic, disturbed, money-grubbing, star-struck, floozy. His stupid behavior was bad judgement (cheating on his wife). But hey, at least we got a good mug shot to remember him by.

few win fkn 4 championships in less than a decade, and are pretty much the face of it...How can you possibly say that winning is the LEAST of it??

Let's look at a few teams that have won more than 2 in a short span- '80s Lakers, '80s Celtics, '90s Bulls, '00s SA, and LA. Is there anyone from any of those other teams as universally hated? No? Why is that, you think?

So pretty much you're saying you hate him because there are zero detectable personal traits that you like about him as a person, and you think he's a snitch.

Why do you care if he's a stand up guy? do you like professional basketball players on a sexual level? I'm not watching the X games looking for any ADMIRABLE HUMAN TRAITS in the the motocross or while im watching the Buick Open, are you?

Karl Malone is a terrible parallel, Kobe isnt kicking anyone in the head, but he does occasionally wack people in the head to try and create fouls so i gues that puts him on the same level as KARL MALONE.He isnt a known dirty player, and he isnt a thug like a ton of basketball players. No one liked Malone, and you're right wining had nothing to do with it.

And you dont like how he "snitched"?? His snitching has slowly placed the Lakers on top of the NBA...Mitch Kupchak is the mastermind behind the lakers, but Kobe was the catalyst. Shaq was going downhill fast, and now seeing him bounced around a bunch of teams showed me all i needed to know aboout our decision to keep your little "snitch". Phil hated Kobe so much, HE CAME BACK TO COACH HIM!!!!WHAT A SNITCH! Then Kobe b***hes and b***hes (same position D Wade is in now), says he is going to leave, and that spurs us to get Gasol and Ariza..and now this snitch is the favorite for this years championship too after winning the MVP.

You can hate Kobe all you want, and you have plenty of reasons to. I understand your hate, and why he is widely considered to be one of the most hated players in sports, but your reasons are no more legit than mine for hating Tim Duncan, Lebron James, or the Celtics. Not having adcmirable human traits, or because you think he is a snitch, are pretty weak IMO.

Do you ALWAYS miss the point? Or am i just the unlucky one to have to engange with you?

A) I never used Malone as a parallel; I merely stated that I ranked him higher than Kobe on my all-time most hated list.

B) Snitching made the lakers great? Is that your stance? You'd be a lousy friend to anyone in the real world because no one I know would care to know/back you on your view of snitching.

C) Your juvenile level of understanding/comprehension proves that no matter what I type, you wouldn't digest the information anyway, so why should I bother addressing you beyond this retort?

If I could make any sense from your X Games and golf equivalents I would address it, but.... sorry... you botched that, too. (At least you're consistent)

WRONG

WRONG AGAIN

Exposing your teammates affairs to cover your own maritial problems does not in any way put you back on top of the league. That's the main reason why people call Kobe a snitch.

WRONG

WRONG AGAIN

Do you ALWAYS miss the point? Or am i just the unlucky one to have to engange with you?

A) I never used Malone as a parallel; I merely stated that I ranked him higher than Kobe on my all-time most hated list.

B) Snitching made the lakers great? Is that your stance? You'd be a lousy friend to anyone in the real world because no one I know would care to know/back you on your view of snitching.

C) Your juvenile level of understanding/comprehension proves that no matter what I type, you wouldn't digest the information anyway, so why should I bother addressing you beyond this retort?

If I could make any sense from your X Games and golf equivalents I would address it, but.... sorry... you botched that, too. (At least you're consistent)

sounds good dude, you're the man! and you were at the catch!
Originally posted by crzy:
lol at people hating Kobe because he's a winner.

Nobody hates Michael Jordan.

Nobody hates Jerry Rice.

Nobody hates Wayne Gretsky.

crzy you forgot to add beckham but a lot of people hates him because he is a freaking sell out.

sounds good dude, you're the man! and you were at the catch!

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by Jigga:
We all know that he's one of the best ballers ever. (great) But the dude has been a dyck for a VERY long time. He's easy to dislike.

My question is "why isn't Sasha Vujacic in the top 10?" That guy's a douche.

I think you just hate the lakers

Kobe is disliked by fans and by NBA players. I think it's safe to say the guy is a jerk.

*see also his lack of friends!

Yeah after the game he walks through the tunnel alone to meet the only one who is forced to be with him...his wife...Even she can't stand em...He cheated on her. When that happens the woman never ever looks at her man the same. His team mates hate em. He talks s**t to them like they are his kids. No one likes that.

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 2, 2009 at 17:07:24 ]
LOL at this thread. He has no friends! His teammates hate him! Even his wife hates him! He can't win without Shaq!

NEWSFLASH: None of you know Kobe Bryant or just about any other athlete personally. Almost every athlete has some fabricated persona that they put on in front of the camera. You don't know these guys as people. Stop acting like you do.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Aug 2, 2009 at 19:15:15 ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LOL at this thread. He has no friends! His teammates hate him! Even his wife hates him! He can't win without Shaq!

NEWSFLASH: None of you know Kobe Bryant or just about any other athlete personally. Almost every athlete has some fabricated persona that they put on in front of the camera. You don't know these guys as people. Stop acting like you do.

I hate the fabricated persona..

Originally posted by Super9er81:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I hate the fabricated persona..

LOL, fair enough.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by Jigga:
We all know that he's one of the best ballers ever. (great) But the dude has been a dyck for a VERY long time. He's easy to dislike.

My question is "why isn't Sasha Vujacic in the top 10?" That guy's a douche.

I think you just hate the lakers

Kobe is disliked by fans and by NBA players. I think it's safe to say the guy is a jerk.

*see also his lack of friends!

Yeah after the game he walks through the tunnel alone to meet the only one who is forced to be with him...his wife...Even she can't stand em...He cheated on her. When that happens the woman never ever looks at her man the same. His team mates hate em. He talks s**t to them like they are his kids. No one likes that.

Really?........
Share 49ersWebzone