LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

FORBES: Kobe Bryant #5 Most Disliked People in Sports

Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by Jigga:
We all know that he's one of the best ballers ever. (great) But the dude has been a dyck for a VERY long time. He's easy to dislike.

My question is "why isn't Sasha Vujacic in the top 10?" That guy's a douche.

I think you just hate the lakers

No Matter how "hard" Kobe tries he'll never be like MJ.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Kobe has balls. As a rookie out of college shooting airballs in the playoffs against Utah, taking 35 shots in a game and making 5, guarding Jordan whenever possible. ..he doesnt give a f*ck about what anyone thinks, ever, and even though he is a d*ck, has no charisma, probably did rape a chick, and isnt a team player, he doesnt give a f*ck about anything but winning, and thats why people hate him. He tries to soften up his image with the olymmmpicccs and NBA cares community service, but he really doesnt care, and he keeps winning, and thats why hes #5. he wins, and will do pretty much anything to do it. I dont know why people dont respect that more, he isnt killing your mom to win, hes just a jerk? who cares?

Toss out the "people hate him because he wins" crap. "Winners" are on display every year in every sport, yet no one is disliked as much as this fool. The reasons are many, but "winning" is the least of it.
On one hand I think he's the best player in the NBA since Jordan. On the other hand you rarely see him crack a joke or anything to that extent. Get's a little serious at times but as a lakers fan and as a Kobe fan I say who cares. He's not going to cater to the media's demands. The only time you see him is when he's on the court or being interviewed by a douchebag member of the media so you can't really say anything about the guy's personality at all.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Kobe has balls. As a rookie out of college shooting airballs in the playoffs against Utah, taking 35 shots in a game and making 5, guarding Jordan whenever possible. ..he doesnt give a f*ck about what anyone thinks, ever, and even though he is a d*ck, has no charisma, probably did rape a chick, and isnt a team player, he doesnt give a f*ck about anything but winning, and thats why people hate him. He tries to soften up his image with the olymmmpicccs and NBA cares community service, but he really doesnt care, and he keeps winning, and thats why hes #5. he wins, and will do pretty much anything to do it. I dont know why people dont respect that more, he isnt killing your mom to win, hes just a jerk? who cares?

Toss out the "people hate him because he wins" crap. "Winners" are on display every year in every sport, yet no one is disliked as much as this fool. The reasons are many, but "winning" is the least of it.

Im not sure about that. If he didnt win alot, he wouldnt be on this list, we wouldnt be talking about him, and he wouldnt even be hated at all. There are plenty of douchebag, no charisma, raping girl losers in sports that no one cares about...so i dont really understand your argument there.

Theres plenty reasons why people hate the Yankees, the most hated franchise there is...spending ridiculous amounts of money, being a red sox fan, etc. etc....but the main reason is because they have won the most world series-26. Winners are on display every day in every sport, but few win fkn 4 championships in less than a decade, and are pretty much the face of it...How can you possibly say that winning is the LEAST of it???

[ Edited by DynastyChile on Aug 1, 2009 at 01:13:42 ]

Im not sure about that. If he didnt win alot, he wouldnt be on this list, we wouldnt be talking about him, and he wouldnt even be hated at all. There are plenty of douchebag, no charisma, raping girl losers in sports that no one cares about...so i dont really understand your argument there.

Theres plenty reasons why people hate the Yankees, the most hated franchise there is...spending ridiculous amounts of money, being a red sox fan, etc. etc....but the main reason is because they have won the most world series-26. Winners are on display every day in every sport, but few win fkn 4 championships in less than a decade, and are pretty much the face of it...How can you possibly say that winning is the LEAST of it???

Your post displays how out of touch you are with the true reasons why many hate him. Also, you make it sound like winning is the only reason to dislike someone who plays a sport. Karl Malone didn't win sh!t and he's the only NBAer I'd put ahead of Kobe as far as most hated.

If he didnt win alot, he wouldnt be on this list
WRONG

A snitch is a snitch regardless of the trophy case. Throwing the Yankees out there as an example of "people hate winners" is a big reach and does not pass as a parallel. Hating a team is nothing compared to hating a person - I'm not talking about Kobe the player, I'm talking about Kobe, the person.

There's an old saying about Barry Bonds: "He may be a pr!ck, but he's our prick."

This means, we, his hometown fans, knew he was a big jerk, but loved him anyway. What Kobe defenders seem to not get is this objectivity. Just say it. Embrace it. "Kobe may be a phony, unlikable, snitch but he's our phony, unlikable, snitch."

I'd be able to respect Kobe fans if they just acknowledge the lousy human behind the NBA skills that they're cheering for.

we wouldnt be talking about him

WRONG AGAIN

We (fans) have opinions about players on teams we like, dislike, and are indifferent to. Those opinions get stronger when the players are hated rivals (SEE: lakers/dodgers/cowboys/trojans). Everything about the person supersedes my dislike of all things lakers.

he wouldnt even be hated at all.

WRONG (SEE: A snitch is a snitch regardless of the trophy case.)

In 12/13 years, I have yet to see him exhibit any admirable human traits. If he has any, it's utterly undetectable.

"probably did rape a chick"

I'm sure he didn't rape that psychotic, disturbed, money-grubbing, star-struck, floozy. His stupid behavior was bad judgement (cheating on his wife). But hey, at least we got a good mug shot to remember him by.

few win fkn 4 championships in less than a decade, and are pretty much the face of it...How can you possibly say that winning is the LEAST of it??

Let's look at a few teams that have won more than 2 in a short span- '80s Lakers, '80s Celtics, '90s Bulls, '00s SA, and LA. Is there anyone from any of those other teams as universally hated? No? Why is that, you think?

Tim Duncan has 4 rings and is probably the most successful (as far as winning %) of any athlete in any major sport over the past decade. How many people hate him? How many non-Laker fans hate MJ?

Which college is this you speak of?
Outside of the rape accusations the reasons for hating Kobe are kind of lame. Yeah he broke up the dynasty a little early, but when it's all said and done the Lakers will be better for it.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Fabricated State University
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Fabricated State University

never heard of it, must be a great small university.

Originally posted by crzy:
Kobe is a swagga jacka who tries so desperately to be Michael Jordan. He has a very unlikeable personality.

He just has no charisma at all.

He's like the kid in high school who tries so hard to be cool. Giving himself a nickname, getting tattoos, changing his number to one over Jordan's, wearing the Iverson arm sleeve

I would respect him a lot more if he wasn't such a poser.

If you ever watch clips of him doing interview with the smaller media in LA he does say some funny s**t and he's not all "Yes, sir". Of course it's an act he puts on, lots of people in pro sports do it...especially after the rape accusation, he can't try and act "black"

He has 4 Championships, an MVP award, a gold medal, a hott wife, lots of people that care about him...

No charisma? Wtf is this public speaking? Highschool prom? The guy is a basketball player, he's not getting payed millions so people can listen to him talk...
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol at people hating Kobe because he's a winner.

Nobody hates Michael Jordan.

Nobody hates Jerry Rice.

Nobody hates Wayne Gretsky.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Kobe is a swagga jacka who tries so desperately to be Michael Jordan. He has a very unlikeable personality.

He's like the kid in high school who tries so hard to be cool. Giving himself a nickname, getting tattoos, changing his number to one over Jordan's, wearing the Iverson arm sleeve

If you ever watch clips of him doing interview with the smaller media in LA he does say some funny s**t and he's not all "Yes, sir". Of course it's an act he puts on, lots of people in pro sports do it...especially after the rape accusation, he can't try and act "black"

He has 4 Championships, an MVP award, a gold medal, a hott wife, lots of people that care about him...

No charisma? Wtf is this public speaking? Highschool prom? The guy is a basketball player, he's not getting payed millions so people can listen to him talk...

Every once in a while Kobe will just be himself. In some laid back interviews, etc. It's then when I respect him the most.

But most of the time, he comes off as a fugazi. He has a fake and copied on-the-court persona.

The entire scowl in the playoffs was just embarrassing.
people hate Kobe because hes a dick and he wins.. nobody likes to see professional sports players who are dicks win. im a Laker fan and I can even understand why people hate him.. but his personality and the media perception of him are completely meaningless to me because he won 4 championships for my team which is probably more than you can say about the people who would probably be on the top 10 most liked players list. give me an a*****e who wins over a nice guy loser any day of the week.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

Every once in a while Kobe will just be himself. In some laid back interviews, etc. It's then when I respect him the most.

But most of the time, he comes off as a fugazi. He has a fake and copied on-the-court persona.

The entire scowl in the playoffs was just embarrassing.

I do think you're right that Kobe is a poser. The guy desperately wants street cred, and that's just not him. To me that's not a legitimate reason to hate the guy though.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 1, 2009 at 17:45:34 ]
Share 49ersWebzone