LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

FORBES: Kobe Bryant #5 Most Disliked People in Sports

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by crzy:
Kobe is a swagga jacka who tries so desperately to be Michael Jordan. He has a very unlikeable personality.

He just has no charisma at all.

He's like the kid in high school who tries so hard to be cool. Giving himself a nickname, getting tattoos, changing his number to one over Jordan's, wearing the Iverson arm sleeve

I would respect him a lot more if he wasn't such a poser.

...and inspite of all this, there is still no one who can f*ck with him.

But you don't deny it's true.....right?
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by crzy:
Kobe is a swagga jacka who tries so desperately to be Michael Jordan. He has a very unlikeable personality.

He just has no charisma at all.

He's like the kid in high school who tries so hard to be cool. Giving himself a nickname, getting tattoos, changing his number to one over Jordan's, wearing the Iverson arm sleeve

I would respect him a lot more if he wasn't such a poser.

...and inspite of all this, there is still no one who can f*ck with him.

Yeah, the Globe is a very creditable source.

We all know that he's one of the best ballers ever. (great) But the dude has been a dyck for a VERY long time. He's easy to dislike.

My question is "why isn't Sasha Vujacic in the top 10?" That guy's a douche.
Yeah, the guy is a douche, but he's worked his ass off to be that good.

He became obsessed on how to get better and now he's the best of this era.
Originally posted by Jigga:
We all know that he's one of the best ballers ever. (great) But the dude has been a dyck for a VERY long time. He's easy to dislike.

I think you just hate the lakers
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by Jigga:

I think you just hate the lakers

Kobe is disliked by fans and by NBA players. I think it's safe to say the guy is a jerk.

*see also his lack of friends!
People hating on Kobe cause he's just that dam good!
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

Nobody hates him because he's good. We hate him because he's a jerk.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

what has he done? besides yell at his teammates or slap them upside the head. it's called motivating. LOL can't blame him, the guy wants to be on top of the game!

what has he done? besides yell at his teammates or slap them upside the head. it's called motivating. LOL can't blame him, the guy wants to be on top of the game!

Pretends to have a personality and tends to come off as a douche, may or may not have raped a woman, whined for a trade and backed out, took games off to pout and prove a point...

There's nothing wrong with being a motivator, or being very good. If I didn't like that, then I'd hate most superstar athletes instead of the handful that I hate.

Pretends to have a personality and tends to come off as a douche, may or may not have raped a woman, whined for a trade and backed out, took games off to pout and prove a point...

There's nothing wrong with being a motivator, or being very good. If I didn't like that, then I'd hate most superstar athletes instead of the handful that I hate.

you forgot to mention the tattoo...

• ZRF80
I used to be the ultimate Kobe fan. I defended him against the "Jordan lovers"; I defended him when the Lakers "dynasty" fell apart in the early 00s; I defended him when he was accused of raping that woman in Colorado.

With that being said, Ive seen what the "true" Kobe is all about. You cant really deal with Laker fans cause they're wearing the purple shades and all they see is one of the best players in this game. And there's no doubt about that. However, to say that Kobe was/is a "team" player..........yeah sure, considering he almost cried his way out of LA at least 3 times post-Shaq era. Even Phil Jackson has labeled him as the reason that the Lakers dynasty fell apart. And truth be told, the man couldnt accomplish squat in LA until a former employee from Lakerland practically gave his teamss franchise player to the Lakers for free.

Kobe acts lke a tough guy when he's playing a weaker opponent ala Orlando. But I dont see him wagging his fingers or touting that grin when he plays the likes of superior opponents.

And least Jordan held his own.....winning or losing. Your team could be up by 20, and you still eyed Jordan thinking that this guy could bring the Bulls back any minute. Whens the last time Kobe pulled off a "miracle" of his own in Lakerland ?

Oh thats right. In 2005, when he hit the gamewinner against a Stoudemire-less Suns, putting the Lakers in a 3-1 lead in the playoffs. Boy, he sure showed those Suns right ?

Would Jordan have caved like that.............?

Are you seriously asking "what has he done?"

How 'bout snitching when the heat was turned up in the interrogation room, in addition to the other traits of his mentioned in this thread.

Those bullsh!t forced tears during the press conference w/ his "soul mate," wasn't exactly endearing, either.

Kobe has balls. As a rookie out of college shooting airballs in the playoffs against Utah, taking 35 shots in a game and making 5, guarding Jordan whenever possible. ..he doesnt give a f*ck about what anyone thinks, ever, and even though he is a d*ck, has no charisma, probably did rape a chick, and isnt a team player, he doesnt give a f*ck about anything but winning, and thats why people hate him. He tries to soften up his image with the olymmmpicccs and NBA cares community service, but he really doesnt care, and he keeps winning, and thats why hes #5. he wins, and will do pretty much anything to do it. I dont know why people dont respect that more, he isnt killing your mom to win, hes just a jerk? who cares?
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Basketball has 4 of the top 10 people.
Another reason I don't watch it as much anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone