There are 273 users in the forums

Official NBA Dallas Mavericks Thread

Nice win last night against the Jazz, what a dominating 4th quarter for the Mavs' as they outscored the Jazz 36-17 in the 4th. Terry was great coming off the bench as he put up 22 points.

And for the first time in franchise history we sweep the 4 game series with the Jazz!

Another game against the Phoenix Suns tonight, need to come back out and put up another solid performance. We're battling for playoff positioning now.
Pretty awful 1st half for Dallas, but it's just a 3 point game midway through the 3rd. It's time we step it up a notch and take this game over..

Once again another strong 4th quarter appearance from JET, and a few big time 3's from J Kidd late in the game, was all they needed to dispose of the Suns 91-83.

Up Next:
3/30 @ LAC
3/31 @ LAL

[ Edited by eamjr10 on Mar 28, 2011 at 13:49:45 ]
Final game of the season, and there is quite a bit on the line tonight against the Hornets. The Mavs can possibly somehow still grab the number 2 seed with a win tonight and a Lakers loss to the Kings. However, with a loss the Mavs can fall as low as 4th. Should be an interesting night, Mavs need to win to at least secure a higher seed.
I didn't get a chance to see the entire DAL game. How did they look in terms of intensity and attitude? If they play with a mean edge, then they have a very good chance at representing the west. That edge has been their weakness ever since Dirk has been on the team.
mavvsssss =) ive been gone for a minute, but now would be the perfect time to revive this thread lets go mavs, we shut all the haters up with this sweep
Originally posted by LBCniner:
mavvsssss =) ive been gone for a minute, but now would be the perfect time to revive this thread lets go mavs, we shut all the haters up with this sweep

Damn straight, and as a Rockets fan, I am loving it, I have no hatred for Dallas, now SA i can not stand. I think Duncan and Parker are overrated. but thats me.

Hell yea man, Welcome back!

I'm still jacked from the game, Mavs made a statement to everyone that said they were too soft to beat the Lakers, I knew our depth would play a huge part in winning this series and boy did it ever. JET was unbelievable and JJB really stepped up and played a big part.

How Sweep it is!

Now onto the WCFs....
i don't like the mavs, but i wouldn't be mad if they won it all.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Damn straight, and as a Rockets fan, I am loving it, I have no hatred for Dallas, now SA i can not stand. I think Duncan and Parker are overrated. but thats me.

haha its crazy, i dont hate the rockets, i used to hate tracy mcgrady because he used to kill us, but I too cannot stand the spurs, or as i call em, the purs ha.. i personally think that their "big 3" is overrated, but manu is clutch as hell tho
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
i don't like the mavs, but i wouldn't be mad if they won it all.

Yeah me too, but I cant stand Mark Cuban. I hate that prick

I want Kidd to get a ring though

So, we play either the grizzlies or the thunder. If we play the grizzlies, we have so many advantages and one disadvantage. Marc Gasol would be put on dirk and they are about the same size so dirk wuld have to work harder, and unlike marc's brother, hes playing crazy right now. Our defense would stop their offense which is just "give it to randolph and marc in the paint" the thunder and spurs had/have nobody to defend that, but we have chandler and or haywood and should win in 6 or possibly sweep them.

For the thunder, it would be a little bit harder, but they have no bench really, they have harden coming off the bench along with durant and westbrook, so that would definitely give them offensive fire power, but thats all they have offensively, westbrook will have an ego when he sees jason kidd guarding him, and will try to score everytime by himself, i think marion can do do a decent job on durant as well. nobody on that team can guard dirk, so dirk would have his way with them. i think we can also win tthis series in 6 or 7.
Yeah I believe that the Mavs' are the best team left in the Western Conference for the reasons LBC listed. We have more talent and a lot more depth, OKC and Memphis will have trouble keeping up with us, especially over a 7 game series. I do think they will put up more of a fight than LA did though. My main concern is this teams focus, they can't be patting themselves on the back for beating the Lakers, we need to keep the momentum going and get into the Finals. Anything less would still be a dissapoinment.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Yeah I believe that the Mavs' are the best team left in the Western Conference for the reasons LBC listed. We have more talent and a lot more depth, OKC and Memphis will have trouble keeping up with us, especially over a 7 game series. I do think they will put up more of a fight than LA did though. My main concern is this teams focus, they can't be patting themselves on the back for beating the Lakers, we need to keep the momentum going and get into the Finals. Anything less would still be a dissapoinment.

I hope the Mavs don't make it to the Finals. I want them to win it all but the Heat will send the DAL fanbase into another let down. I feel for the DAL fanbase similar to how I feel for the Kings' fans.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I hope the Mavs don't make it to the Finals. I want them to win it all but the Heat will send the DAL fanbase into another let down. I feel for the DAL fanbase similar to how I feel for the Kings' fans.

TBH, I believe Dallas can matchup and beat any team left in the Playoffs (East or West) There really isn't a team out there that gives me a "scare".

As far as the Heat goes, we swept them during the regular season. Now, I understand that they are playing a lot better now but they will need to get more help from other players than the Big 3, I don't see them combining to score 90+ points a night every game against the Mavs.

(For the record, I know it is stupid to look that far ahead I'm commenting on it only to reply to your post)
Originally posted by Joecool:

TBH, I believe Dallas can matchup and beat any team left in the Playoffs (East or West) There really isn't a team out there that gives me a "scare".

As far as the Heat goes, we swept them during the regular season. Now, I understand that they are playing a lot better now but they will need to get more help from other players than the Big 3, I don't see them combining to score 90+ points a night every game against the Mavs.

(For the record, I know it is stupid to look that far ahead I'm commenting on it only to reply to your post)

Who cares about the bold.

I Bosh can match-up well with Dirk and the Heat perimeter defense will suffocate DAL shooters.
Share 49ersWebzone