There are 219 users in the forums

Sources: Matt Holliday to Cardinals

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Yup goodbye Damon and Matsui hello Holliday.

Keep dreaming.

Ill remind you of that when he does sign with us.

I'll remind you when he signs a long term deal to keep his RBI opportunities behind the best player in the game.

Pretty sure his RBI opportunities will be a lot higher with Jeter, Gardner, Tex and A-Rod batting before him and his homerun totals would be rediculous in Yankee Stadium.

They would be ridiculous in either situation. Cardinals have Schumaker, DeRosa, and Pujols batting before him..and then Ludwick behind him protecting him. That is INSANE. Schumaker is ALWAYS on base and an amazing contact hitter..DeRosa is a .280 hitter who will hit 30 bombs and gets a lot of doubles, Pujols is well..Pujols..and then Holliday.

derosa's career high in home runs in 21...

you cant even attempt to compare schumaker derosa pujols and ludwick to jeter tex, arod and cano... or damon... or gardner.

yankees team will provide alot more RBI opportunities.

granted Pujols is the best player in the game, and hitting behind him could help him like it did Jeff Kent behind Bonds when Kent won the MVP.

for your sake i hope he does stay there.

i pray he doesnt go to the yankees.

but we all know he wants to play for the Giants
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Yup goodbye Damon and Matsui hello Holliday.

Keep dreaming.

Ill remind you of that when he does sign with us.

I'll remind you when he signs a long term deal to keep his RBI opportunities behind the best player in the game.

Pretty sure his RBI opportunities will be a lot higher with Jeter, Gardner, Tex and A-Rod batting before him and his homerun totals would be rediculous in Yankee Stadium.

They would be ridiculous in either situation. Cardinals have Schumaker, DeRosa, and Pujols batting before him..and then Ludwick behind him protecting him. That is INSANE. Schumaker is ALWAYS on base and an amazing contact hitter..DeRosa is a .280 hitter who will hit 30 bombs and gets a lot of doubles, Pujols is well..Pujols..and then Holliday.

derosa's career high in home runs in 21...

you cant even attempt to compare schumaker derosa pujols and ludwick to jeter tex, arod and cano... or damon... or gardner.

yankees team will provide alot more RBI opportunities.

granted Pujols is the best player in the game, and hitting behind him could help him like it did Jeff Kent behind Bonds when Kent won the MVP.

for your sake i hope he does stay there.

i pray he doesnt go to the yankees.

but we all know he wants to play for the Giants

Can't even compare....

Giants?
Giants was a joke...

Jeter .320

Damon .279 16 homers

Teixeira .277 25 HR's

A-Rod .248(which we all know should be alot higher.. still injured) 19 Homers

Cano .310 14 HR's

Posada .290 13 Homers

Matsui .254 15 homers

Cabrera .287 8 HR

swisher .232 14 homers

Team Average: .275 with 144 homers and 510 RBI's

Schumaker .303

Rasmus .260 11 HR

Pujols .326 34 HR

Holliday .296 11hr

Ludwick .277 17 hr

Ankiel .235 7hr

Molina .285 5 HR

Derosa .265 17 homers

Ryan .274 1 homer

Team average: .257 103 homers 420 RBIs.

hell, the GIANTS have the same average as you guys.

what im saying is the yankees are a much stronger team, with many MANY more RBI opps. thats why you cant compare your lineup.

so why the rolling laughing smiley?

yeah you have Pujols, and Ludwick is pretty good, finally coming on. but we will see what happens

Share 49ersWebzone