LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 327 users in the forums

Question for SF Giants fans

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Webmaster:
Now I am not going to pretend to be a Giants fan. In fact, I am quite the opposite. However, I know a market when I see one and you guys talk A LOT of Giants baseball. Are there any Giants fan sites that you guys frequent? One that is like the Webzone. A source to get news from around the web, scores, forums, maybe some fan commentary.

I am just curious if one exists, if you guys visit it, or if you would be interested in one.

I was just talking about this on the webzone the other day.

I was very disappointed in the lack of quality San Francisco Giants message boards or forums.

-The official mlb board (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-giants) is a joke. I hate the way it is formatted.

-There are a lot of Giants fans on prosportsdaily. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35. But that website is down half of the time and is devoted to all sports teams, not just the Giants.

-McCoveychronicles.com is a decent blog, one of the sbnation blogs. But it's not a forum or message board

I come only here to discuss the Giants.

You would be my hero if you made a Giants forum.
[ Edited by crzy on Jul 12, 2009 at 11:00 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Lakerswebzone.com

DO IT!!!!!

You guys already have two quality forums....lakersground and club lakers

Compared to the WZ and it's format, they get a .

As much as I love LG for it's info and breaking news, it's a huge clusterfcuk.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Now I am not going to pretend to be a Giants fan. In fact, I am quite the opposite. However, I know a market when I see one and you guys talk A LOT of Giants baseball. Are there any Giants fan sites that you guys frequent? One that is like the Webzone. A source to get news from around the web, scores, forums, maybe some fan commentary.

I am just curious if one exists, if you guys visit it, or if you would be interested in one.

I think you should set up a Giants Webzone just like the 49ers zone. I think it would be a big hit! It would be great to get stories about players from the past, where they are now, and to bring back some of the nostalgia from Giants teams over the last several decades.

Seriously DO IT!

I've tried searching for a Giants since forever..there ain't s**t. There is that message board on the sfgiants website..but it's crappy.

Try a sbnation site. Athleticsnation which is a sbnation site is pretty good for A's fans and they have one for every team. Also try scout.com? I know the A's one is pretty good there as well. Just trying to help another Niner fan out.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Jul 12, 2009 at 11:04 PM ]
Lakerswebzone.com

DO IT!!!!!

now
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

I think you should set up a Giants Webzone just like the 49ers zone. I think it would be a big hit! It would be great to get stories about players from the past, where they are now, and to bring back some of the nostalgia from Giants teams over the last several decades.

Seriously DO IT!

I've tried searching for a Giants since forever..there ain't s**t. There is that message board on the sfgiants website..but it's crappy.

Try a sbnation site. Athleticsnation which is a sbnation site is pretty good for A's fans and they have one for every team. Also try scout.com? I know the A's one is pretty good there as well. Just trying to help another Niner fan out.

I never liked scout.com's forums. In fact, I used to mod the Fanhome.com (formerly basketballboards.com) Warriors and Sac Kings basketball forums years ago. Fanhome eventually consolidated into scout.com and from there it lost its familar feel. Everyone that I was tight with at Fanhome eventually moved elsewhere.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Seriously DO IT!

I never liked scout.com's forums. In fact, I used to mod the Fanhome.com (formerly basketballboards.com) Warriors and Sac Kings basketball forums years ago. Fanhome eventually consolidated into scout.com and from there it lost its familar feel. Everyone that I was tight with at Fanhome eventually moved elsewhere.

That's too bad. The A's board is great at scout. But looking at the Giants forum there ti doesn't seem like it gets a lot of action. I guess it's more hit or miss at scout.com. I guess the zone is your best bet for posting about the Giants.
Originally posted by Conejo:
Lakerswebzone.com DO IT!!!!!
Yeah, because a website like this for the most successful sports franchise in the country would be a bad thing? Besides, Big-Dub is from SoCal. Do you think he's a Clippers fan?

most succesful franchise in the country? theyre not even the winningest team in their own sport. boston is. and i can think of 3 nfl teams that for their league are just as good if not better because winning a superbowl is more difficult than an nba championship imo: steelers, niners, and cowboys. and whatabout the yankees? they have more history than the lakers and a bunch of chips too. im not trying to hate on your team or anything or hijack the topic or anything. just saying...
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Conejo:
Lakerswebzone.com DO IT!!!!!
Yeah, because a website like this for the most successful sports franchise in the country would be a bad thing? Besides, Big-Dub is from SoCal. Do you think he's a Clippers fan?

most succesful franchise in the country? theyre not even the winningest team in their own sport. boston is. and i can think of 3 nfl teams that for their league are just as good if not better because winning a superbowl is more difficult than an nba championship imo: steelers, niners, and cowboys. and whatabout the yankees? they have more history than the lakers and a bunch of chips too. im not trying to hate on your team or anything or hijack the topic or anything. just saying...

Who's won the most championships this past decade?

Besides that, in most sports, there is too much emphasis on how great teams were from the past when there was 8 teams in the league and the powerhouses just got all the good players.
Now back to the Giants. Do any of you guys know of a place like this for them?

no dude, believe me, all of us in the Giants thread have looked around all over, there simply isn't, not even close

I can see what you mean if thats your definition of success. spurs have won like 4 in the last 11 years too though then but i guess they dont have the history. so i guess well just agree to disagree a bit then bro.

as far as the giants theres def not a messageboard with as many giants fans as we have here on the wz.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

There isn't a single message board or forum for the Giants worth visiting.
Originally posted by crzy:

There isn't a single message board or forum for the Giants worth visiting.

There's that main message board on the mlb site, but all they do is fight with Dodger fans. Like we do here.
I use http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/san_francisco_giants for trade rumors
I used to go to prosportsdaily.com but that site is full of viruses.
I read SportsNation some and McCovey Chronicles
But I only talk here in the Giants thread.
Im all for it! Hook it up and link it to this one, maybe use our same tag names?
Share 49ersWebzone