LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 174 users in the forums

Who is the bigger SF Sports Star?

Who is the bigger SF Sports Star?

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by crzy:
Lincecum is king of San Francisco.

I love Patrick Willis, best MLB in the NFL, but Lincecum won a Cy Young.

this...LinCYcum
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
As much as I love big P-Will, Lincecum gets the nod. He plays the positions in baseball that gets all the attention when a pitcher is as good as he is, plus a Cy Young is the equivalent to a NFL defensive player of the year award, and P-Will doesn't have that... yet.

If you're talking from a pure statistical standpoint, then it's much harder to determine; baseball and football stats are comparable to apples and oranges; just too different to make a definitive argument in favor of either.

Gotta go with this.
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Lincecum is king of San Francisco.

I love Patrick Willis, best MLB in the NFL, but Lincecum won a Cy Young.

this...LinCYcum

And he is starting for the NL in the All Star game.
When evaluating who is the bigger Sports Star it is more than just determining who is the better player at his position.

In terms of who is the better player.. well I would call that a draw. Timmy is one of the 2 or 3 best pitchers in all of baseball ( and probably the best) and Willis is the best MLB in football.

To me.. these are the questions that I think would answer this:
1) Which franchise would be devastated more if that player was gone.
- I think Lincecum

2) Which player is more the "face of the franchise"
- easily Lincecum in my opinion.

3) Which player would have more buzz and more recognition if they walked in a restaurant or bar?

- again I think its Lincy by a mile

4) Which player would absolutley create a riot if he was traded?
- close here.. but I think fans would go crazy if Lincecum left

SO.. while both players are equally great at what they do.. Lincecum is far and away the bigger Sports Star in my humble opinion.
So you wouldnt riot if willis got traded? i would slit my freakin wrists if that happened. willis is the best mlb in the game, the best player on one of the top 3 franchises in the nfl. imo unless tim helps get a championship in sf, and if pat leads us to a superbowl then he takes the lead for sure.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
So you wouldnt riot if willis got traded? i would slit my freakin wrists if that happened. willis is the best mlb in the game, the best player on one of the top 3 franchises in the nfl. imo unless tim helps get a championship in sf, and if pat leads us to a superbowl then he takes the lead for sure.

No I wouldnt slit my wrists . As far as being one of the top 3 franchises in the NFL... well those days are gone my friend. Lets hope we can get back to that status soon.

Given your screen name I would expect you to think PW might be bigger. All good.. your opinion. I just think Timmy is the biggest thing in the Bay Area since Bonds was going crazy ( and is a much more popular player than Bonds was).
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
If Patrick Willis wins Defensive Player of the Year, then I'll put him past Linecum.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

No I wouldnt slit my wrists . As far as being one of the top 3 franchises in the NFL... well those days are gone my friend. Lets hope we can get back to that status soon.

Given your screen name I would expect you to think PW might be bigger. All good.. your opinion. I just think Timmy is the biggest thing in the Bay Area since Bonds was going crazy ( and is a much more popular player than Bonds was).

Timmy is boardering on Marichal, Mays type territory for popularity. Still a ways to go to get to McCovey, Montana or Lott.
Someone needs to make an animated gif of Lincecum yelling f**king s**t, after he got pulled his last game.
Originally posted by Moonshae_D:
Someone needs to make an animated gif of Lincecum yelling f**king s**t, after he got pulled his last game.

Oh no he di-int, did he?

I 2nd your thought btw.

~Ceadder

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

If you find me video of it, then I can make it

Try here at 1:43.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Try here at 1:43.

Thanks for bringing the link-age!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Who is bigger?

Patrick Willis is about 6'1", 240 lbs.

Tim Lincecum is about 5'7", 170 lbs.

Willis is bigger.

I thought lincecum was 5'11 and 170? That's exactly what I am too.
lincecum is..

no disrespect to p-willie
Share 49ersWebzone