There are 186 users in the forums

Blue Jays will listen to Halladay offers

The ESPN article said they'd likely want either Billingsley or Kershaw from the Dodgers, which I'm guessing might be a problem.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
The ESPN article said they'd likely want either Billingsley or Kershaw from the Dodgers, which I'm guessing might be a problem.

If I'm the Dodgers, I give up Kershaw in a second. That would be a retarded trade on the Jays part.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

If I'm the Dodgers, I give up Kershaw in a second. That would be a retarded trade on the Jays part.

It wouldn't be straight up, I'm sure the Jays would demand some high prospects as well
Originally posted by King49er:

It wouldn't be straight up, I'm sure the Jays would demand some high prospects as well

they better cuz if they just get kershaw or fat billingsley the bums just robbed the jays. but i dont think the jays are dumb enough not to ask and get a kings ransom for possibly the best pitcher in the al. 1 things for sure i would hate to face halladay but then again the bums will be scared off into trading either kershaw or the fat guy and plus
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by King49er:

they better cuz if they just get kershaw or fat billingsley the bums just robbed the jays. but i dont think the jays are dumb enough not to ask and get a kings ransom for possibly the best pitcher in the al. 1 things for sure i would hate to face halladay but then again the bums will be scared off into trading either kershaw or the fat guy and plus

Trust me,there is no way they trade him without getting prospects, and any team serious about getting him better have some good ones to offer
Giants have no need for him but would hate to see him in Dodger Blue
As one of the few (two?) Jays fans on here, yeah, I'd hate to see him go. We love the hell outta him, but, man the Jays just haven't give him any run-support over the past few years. It's gotta be frustrating. Just look at last night...our upteenth rookie starter comes in a throws a gem and we get ONE run on ten hits. Ridiculous.
Pettitte for Holliday!!!!!
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Pettitte for Holliday!!!!!

never
  • dman
  • Veteran
Rob Quinlan for Halladay straight up.

Seems fair to me.

I could not disagree more. Kershaw is an incredible talent and maybe the top young lefthanded talent in the game. He is pitching lights out right now. There is no chance in hell they will move him. He is their Lincecum. He is also 21 years old and Halliday is 32. Roy also makes big money and has been on the DL a few times over the past years.

If you were the Giants would you trade Lincecum or Cain for Doc? I wouldnt. You have to consider age and the future of the organization when you are trading ELITE young pitching talent. That is why the Dodgers would never include Billingsley , Broxton, or Kershaw for Halliday.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 8, 2009 at 10:49 AM ]
I seriously doubt that Halliday is going to be traded because the cost will be VERY high. It would take a team like Texas that has many good prospects ( Neftali Perez - their #1 pitching prospect and Justin Smoak their top hitting prospect) and is willing to go for it this year. The Giants actually fit that to some extent but I doubt they would include Bumgarner, Villalona, and more for a pitcher.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I could not disagree more. Kershaw is an incredible talent and maybe the top young lefthanded talent in the game. He is pitching lights out right now. There is no chance in hell they will move him. He is their Lincecum. He is also 21 years old and Halliday is 32. Roy also makes big money and has been on the DL a few times over the past years.

If you were the Giants would you trade Lincecum or Cain for Doc? I wouldnt. You have to consider age and the future of the organization when you are trading ELITE young pitching talent. That is why the Dodgers would never include Billingsley , Broxton, or Kershaw for Halliday.

Kershaw is not in Lincecum or Cain's league right now. Could he be a great pitcher? Sure. He's wildly inconsistent though. If I'm the Dodgers and I want to make a World Series run I would trade Kershaw for Halladay straight up in a second. He has a sub 3 ERA and 1.09 whip and he hardly walks anyone in a hitters league. Imagine Halladay not having to pitch to a DH. Kershaw is a great talent, but Halladay would put them over the top this year for sure. There is, however, no way in hell the Jays let him go in a straight trade like that and there is no way the Dodgers would be willing to give up enough to get him.

Halladay's age doesn't bother me at all. s**t, Randy Johnson won four Cy Youngs in a row after finally switching over to the NL. This was between ages 35 and 38.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jul 8, 2009 at 11:20 AM ]
Braves should offer up Mark Lemke for Roy Halladay straight up
Originally posted by valrod33:
Braves should offer up Mark Lemke for Roy Halladay straight up

Don't forget to throw in Mark Wohlers....
Share 49ersWebzone