LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Tour De France 2009

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Why do people hate Bonds for using steroids, but they love Lance when he uses 'roids.

When did Lance use steroids?

When the French got sick of seeing an American own the Tour de France.

i saw this program on tv about how lance was able to do all this w/o steroids. something about how big his heart is, literally.
So I thought Lance was going to be running support this year. Why is he practically leading? Shouldn't his team leader be in front, or whatever?
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Why do people hate Bonds for using steroids, but they love Lance when he uses 'roids.

When did Lance use steroids?

Nothing 100% concrete, but certainly as compelling as the allegations against Bonds. There is a mountain of circumstantial evidence.

He's had allegations and investigations against more than a half a dozen times, going all the way back to 1996, before he was a star and around the time he was diagnosed.

It wasn't just French haters either, like some are saying. He's had at least 3 very close friends testify against him.
There have been exposés in France, and he even tested positive once, but the results were thrown out because of a clerical error.

That said, he is a still a great talent considering many of the other riders were doping as well during his cinderella run. He's probably clean now, a couple years detoxing will do that.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So I thought Lance was going to be running support this year. Why is he practically leading? Shouldn't his team leader be in front, or whatever?

Contador is the 07 winner, in third place overall behind Cancellara/Lance, AND his teammate. In fact two more members from that Astana team, Kloeden and Leipheimer are third and fourth respectively.

This will get interesting going into the Pyrenees.

Contador is the 07 winner, in third place overall behind Cancellara/Lance, AND his teammate. In fact two more members from that Astana team, Kloeden and Leipheimer are third and fourth respectively.

With 4 team leaders it is pretty difficult to come up with the ONE. I would guess the next 10 days will sort out who the team leader is.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigRon:

With 4 team leaders it is pretty difficult to come up with the ONE. I would guess the next 10 days will sort out who the team leader is.

Yep, and I have a feeling it will be the guy with the yellow wristband.

Ok, but what's the deal with the announcement that Armstrong would run support this year? Was that all BS?? Did he maybe just decide that since he's practically leading that he's gonna go for the win???

Ok, but what's the deal with the announcement that Armstrong would run support this year? Was that all BS?? Did he maybe just decide that since he's practically leading that he's gonna go for the win???

Didn't that announcement come after the crash and broken collarbone? Things change but I doubt Lance thought he would be this high up after 5 days. The Team is maybe the best ever and his individual time trial had to surprise even him. With 4 guys in the top 5 right now separated by 31 seconds it is still anyone ball game. This is gonna be some fun for the next 2 + weeks
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Contador showed some toughness today. Looks like he is trying to establish himself as the leader. He's in second now I believe with Lance a few seconds behind him.

Maybe it isn't the Tour de Lance anymore.
Originally posted by CRH49:
Contador showed some toughness today. Looks like he is trying to establish himself as the leader. He's in second now I believe with Lance a few seconds behind him.

Team Astana still has 4 of the top 6. 3 of the top 4 just 30 seconds apart.
Contador and Armstrong 2 and 3 with only 8 sec between them.

How bout the ride by the kid today, took the stage and the polka dot Jersey. Did you see the grin on his brother's face when told his younger brother won the stage. It was priceless.

How bout the ride by the kid today, took the stage and the polka dot Jersey. Did you see the grin on his brother's face when told his younger brother won the stage. It was priceless.

Contador and Lance are rivals........on the same team. This will be fun.
did lance win yet??
  • Otter
  • Veteran

No, I was relegated to watching the tour tracker at work. I know Lance is still in it, but that surge by Contador sounded strong from the blogosphere.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I wanna ride a bike...
Superb stage yesterday, that move by Contador must have sent a shudder through the pelaton. Serious climb early today through Soldeu, a ski resort I have visited many times!
Share 49ersWebzone