NBA Free Agent finalized transactions thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by WillisWillKilYou:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Lakers officially sign Ron Artest and Shannon Brown.

wow theyre set up for the next 2-3 years

if phil coaches for the next 2-3 years

I honestly don't think it will matter much if Phil coaches or not. Kobe, Artest, Paul, and Bynum (seriously, Lakers shouldn't be allowed to resign Odom, it ain't fair) will strike fear in the opposition. I hate to say it, but Lakers are gonna be one hell of a team for next 2-3 years. Honestly, I don't see a team in the West that can beat them in a 7 game series. Spurs are good, but they really need a player next to Duncan.

What about their personalities though?

A lot of lakers fans were saying that artest wasnt a bad signing cause Phil could keep him under control.

Kobe = diva, great player though

Artest = Headcase

Pau = Emo

with phil gone, i pretty sure something would happen

I know what you are saying, but the team is too good. To implode, you have to go through tough times. I honestly don't see this team going through a rough patch, as long as they are mostly healthy. Plus, Kobe can carry the team through a rough patch or two himself.
The personality angle is overrated. This past season, the Lakers got along very, very well. Is Artest going to single-handedly destroy that? Very unlikely, especially considering that he and Kobe have been friends and had mutual respect for each other's games for a long time now. It's not like Artest ruined Houston or Sacramento.

The league should be a lot more concerned about having two of the most competitive personalities on the same team.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jul 8, 2009 at 7:13 AM ]
Birdman signs 5-year deal with Denver

link

Fan favorite, gives full effort every second on the floor.. good move by the Nugs!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The personality angle is overrated. This past season, the Lakers got along very, very well. Is Artest going to single-handedly destroy that? Very unlikely, especially considering that he and Kobe have been friends and had mutual respect for each other's games for a long time now. It's not like Artest ruined Houston or Sacramento.

The league should be a lot more concerned about having two of the most competitive personalities on the same team.
What they are saying is that Phil will keep all their personality in check. Believe me if Phil retires and his replacement coach would start losing watch Kobe to call on the head of the new coach.
Zaza Pachulia has agreed to terms on a long-term deal with the Hawks, according to a pair of sources.
Sweeeeeeeeeet.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The spurs aren't playing around this summer, great offseason.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Pacers land Dahntay Jones
Originally posted by Dino:

Does a team really "land" Dahntay Jones?

I mean, that's like saying you dropped 7 on someone.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Dahntay Jones to Pacers. 4 yrs, $11m.

I think they slightly overpaid him because of his performance in the playoffs.

But I like the idea.

Jones is a decent backup 2/3.

Originally posted by crzy:

But I like the idea.

Considering that the average NBA contract is something like $5.6M, I actually think that's a really good deal. It's hard to get a contributing player for less than $3M per.
Originally posted by Dino:

Does a team really "land" Dahntay Jones?

I mean, that's like saying you dropped 7 on someone.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

But I like the idea.

Considering that the average NBA contract is something like $5.6M, I actually think that's a really good deal. It's hard to get a contributing player for less than $3M per.

Matt Barnes is available. I bet he gets less than $2 million per year.

And I think he's much better than Jones.

But I like the idea.

I definitely lead the Barnes bandwagon. Solid player. Any team would be lucky to have a scrappy guy that plays both ends and can stick a 3 pointer. Not sure why he doesnt get more love.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Arminini:

But I like the idea.

I definitely lead the Barnes bandwagon. Solid player. Any team would be lucky to have a scrappy guy that plays both ends and can stick a 3 pointer. Not sure why he doesnt get more love.

Because he's a very dirty player.

But that doesn't bother me, in fact it makes me love him more.

Every team needs someone who can commit a flagrant foul or two just to intimidate the other team.
Share 49ersWebzone