LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

NBA Rumors Thread

The Lakers may have sold the #29 pick to New York. We won't know until after the Lakers pick though, because we can't trade our pick beforehand as the result of the Gasol trade.
Per Yahoo:

Quote:
New York Knicks officials are telling peers they have purchased the Lakers’ No. 29 pick.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Per Yahoo:

Quote:
New York Knicks officials are telling peers they have purchased the Lakers’ No. 29 pick.

it makes sense since the lakers got one of the highest payroll on the league and they still need to resign odom and ariza.
The latest scenario floated to us is that the Wolves, with those back-to-back picks, would love to snag Stephen Curry and Tyreke Evans, assuming one or both make it to them.

So to me that means we see Evans as a SG instead of a PG

I wouldnt mind that
Originally posted by valrod33:
The latest scenario floated to us is that the Wolves, with those back-to-back picks, would love to snag Stephen Curry and Tyreke Evans, assuming one or both make it to them.

I wouldnt mind that

The guy in the local bay area paper had them taking those 2 guys. Seems likely since they are loaded with big guys already.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I wouldnt mind that

The guy in the local bay area paper had them taking those 2 guys. Seems likely since they are loaded with big guys already.

but we still need an actual center, cuz Jefferson and Love are not centers, maybe if he is still there which i doubt we can draft Mullens at 18 and hopefully we can develop him
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Sorry if this has been posted but:
Quote:
League executives say the Phoenix Suns and Golden State Warriors have discussed a possible trade that is centered around sending Amare Stoudemire to the Warriors for a package that would include Andris Biedrins and the No. 7 pick in the draft.
Originally posted by lazy:
Quote:
League executives say the Phoenix Suns and Golden State Warriors have discussed a possible trade that is centered around sending Amare Stoudemire to the Warriors for a package that would include Andris Biedrins and the No. 7 pick in the draft.

Do it! Do it!!!!
Originally posted by Jigga:
Quote:

Do it! Do it!!!!

How much money would the Suns save on this deal? If it's at least 10 bucks, it's highly probable.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Jigga:
Quote:

Do it! Do it!!!!

How much money would the Suns save on this deal? If it's at least 10 bucks, it's highly probable.

Amare's contract:

2009-2010 $16,378,325
2010-2011 $17,686,100 (player option)

Biedrins will make $9M per, for the next 5 seasons.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
ESPN

It sounds as though virtually everyone on Houston's roster is available. Teams report that the Rockets are trying to parlay Tracy McGrady's expiring contract and Aaron Brooks' newfound celebrity status into one of Minnesota's lottery picks. Carl Landry and Shane Battier also were mentioned as possible trade pieces.

Man i hope the Twolves dont get T-Mac i thnk he is done

Am I alone in thinking all of Houston's players are better than what they may get with Minny's pick? This draft sucks, why are people trying to give away proven players to jump up in it? Now giving up TMac, that I'm OK with.
Originally posted by TX9R:
ESPN

It sounds as though virtually everyone on Houston's roster is available. Teams report that the Rockets are trying to parlay Tracy McGrady's expiring contract and Aaron Brooks' newfound celebrity status into one of Minnesota's lottery picks. Carl Landry and Shane Battier also were mentioned as possible trade pieces.

Am I alone in thinking all of Houston's players are better than what they may get with Minny's pick? This draft sucks, why are people trying to give away proven players to jump up in it? Now giving up TMac, that I'm OK with.

I agree i wouldnt give up any solid players to move up in the draft and risk drafting a bust
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
ESPN

Well its looking more & more that we'll be trading T-Mac (which I do not like) This is the second source/article that I find that talks about the Rockets/Suns trade.
NY Post
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
ESPN

I agree i wouldnt give up any solid players to move up in the draft and risk drafting a bust

I would, just not THIS draft. Plus that's something you do when you're rebuilding, Houston is built to win now. It makes no sense as Adelman likely wouldn't play a rookie much anyway with this squad. Now if they were targeting Rubio, I might be OK with that just because I don't think we've ever had a pure point guard and at least he has pro experience.
The Minnesota Timberwolves continue to work the phones as we approach the draft. One interesting scenario that's arisen is a Knicks proposal that would send Wilson Chandler and the No. 8 pick to Minnesota for either the No. 5 or No. 6 pick.

Why would the Knicks do it? They believe this is a seven-player draft and they're stuck at 8. If they get to No. 6 they'll have a shot at Jordan Hill, Stephen Curry or Tyreke Evans there.

Why would the Wolves do it? If they can't get their hands on Ricky Rubio, most likely they'll select Jonny Flynn with one of their picks. Since the Warriors aren't seriously considering Flynn, they can move down two spots, get their guy and pick up a very nice asset in Chandler.

So that means we would still get our 2 top ten picks and pick up chandler

I like that Do it

SO we would get Chandler, Flynn and possibly Evans or Harden

[ Edited by valrod33 on Jun 25, 2009 at 12:43:39 ]
Share 49ersWebzone