LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Official NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
According to Artest real twitter he jus signed a new contract with someone...

It's hard to believe anything on twitter. Amare stated he signed with the Lakers a few days ago. It's just them playing games.

Case and point Artest is on the Radio right now in Sacramento and said he indeed signed a new deal....A NEW RECORD DEAL THAT IS.....
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
According to Artest real twitter he jus signed a new contract with someone...

It's hard to believe anything on twitter. Amare stated he signed with the Lakers a few days ago. It's just them playing games.

Case and point Artest is on the Radio right now in Sacramento and said he indeed signed a new deal....A NEW RECORD DEAL THAT IS.....

it would be interesting to see Kobe and Artest on the same team

but I'd rather see them talk trash and potentially fight

but damn if they were on the same team nice
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jul 1, 2009 at 10:31 PM ]
Quote:
LB49ers

I was debating this with a friend and I said Magic would be the one Kareem at the four Shaq or wilt at the five but then the issue came between Baylor, West and Kobe. I was not old enough to see West and Baylor but those who did said Baylor was Jordan before there was a Jordan and West is the freaking Logo of the NBA his career stats 27 points 7 assist and 7 rebounds a game.

I think Kobe is in the starting 5. I'll take Magic, West, Kobe, Shaq, and Kareem. It may not set up perfectly in what position they are set at, but I'd take my chances with these 5 on the court.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'd prefer to bring back the exact same team that won the NBA championship. Call me crazy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ariza
Originally posted by jrg:
Ariza

Hedo

I wonder who matters more to their team?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ariza

Hedo

....really?

Ariza

Hedo

....really?

Yup. Answer the question.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ariza

Hedo

....really?

Obviously Turkoglu.

Using him and Lewis with Howard pretty much is our offense.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Ariza

Hedo

....really?

I think it's much closer than you may think after Vince Carter singing. Seriously, Magic don't need Hedo anymore. He was making Rashard play out of position and hardly played at D. Not that Vince Carter plays much D, but you don't need two players on the court who can't play any D.

I will be interesting to see what Magic do for their PF position and bench, because their bench is real thin with Lee going to NJ in that trade and Gortat leaving in FA.
David Lee (Ariza's agent) sure likes to talk a lot. Strange guy/agent.

While it's my preference to keep this team intact, Ariza isn't irreplaceable. If he gets an offer in the $7-8M per year range...best of luck to him.

Artest is definitely the better player, but I don't trust him. But if Trevor leaves, he's my #1 choice to replace him.
^ A few of the guys have said that Artest has said he already has signed a new deal with someone. IS there any chance it might have been with us, or no?
Originally posted by ninermaniac:
^ A few of the guys have said that Artest has said he already has signed a new deal with someone. IS there any chance it might have been with us, or no?

I seriously doubt it. There are other chips that need to fall first before Artest signs anywhere, IMO. And while I'm glad we're not overpaying for Ariza, I'm happy for him if he gets paid serious coin by the team that loses out on Hedo. I just think that team will be disappointed by what they get.

As for Artest, it definitely has some serious potential. A Brown/Kobe/Artest/Gasol/Bynum (or Odom) lineup has DEVASTATING defensive potential. Artest guards the best perimeter player for the opposition, while Kobe plays centerfield and "directs" the defense a la KG for the Celtics. That's what he's best at. If Bynum gets back to 100%, that's a f**king incredible defensive lineup.

But it's also very combustible. At best, Ron-Ron is the #3 option, and will be battling Odom (if he re-signs) and Bynum for that honor. Will he be okay with that? Dunno. He's also at his worst when he's chucking and over-dribbling. Will he do that with Kobe/Gasol/& the triangle offense? Dunno.

Will he do something galactically stupid at the worst possible moment during a playoff game? Dunno.

All that is what scares me about Artest.
Someone posted this on LG:

Share 49ersWebzone