There are 201 users in the forums

Official NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

I watch basketball casually and consider the lakers my favorite basketball team. But could somebody tell me why selling their first round pick for just 3 mill is a good idea? The concept just seems foreign to me, so someone educate me please.
Originally posted by geturembedder:
I watch basketball casually and consider the lakers my favorite basketball team. But could somebody tell me why selling their first round pick for just 3 mill is a good idea? The concept just seems foreign to me, so someone educate me please.

The money helps when we try to resign LO and Trevor this summer...it gives Buss some leeway and makes it possible for him to not go too much deeper into the luxury tax...I hope that helps
I hope the Lakers actually use their MLE other than signing LO and Ariza... Sheed or J Kidd comes to mind.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
if trevor leaves we wont win the championship next year

C'mon man, you're embarrassing yourself with all that.

Ummm, he's right. The Lakers were the worst team to win it all in recent memory (barr the 06 Heat). If the Magic hadnt choked, Kobe would probably be crying about finding a way out of LA right now........

are you kidding or are you that stupid you have less brains than kwame brown has talent
Yo...my brethren...wtf is this s**t?

Lakers, Kings Front Runners To Land Nate?
Jun 29, 2009 3:55 PM EST

The Lakers and Kings appear to be the front runners to land guard Nate Robinson, a restricted free agent of the Knicks.

Sacramento was reportedly close to swinging a deal that involved Robinson and Jared Jeffries at February's trading deadline, but talks between the Kings and Knicks fell through.

It's possible that the two teams could rekindle talks this summer.

The Lakers was rumored to have inquired about Robinson after he scored 33 points at the Staples Center in December, and both Kobe Bryant and Jerry Buss gushed about the guard after the mid-December game.

Now by no means am I saying that Nate is not good...its just...I still see Fisher, Farmar, and Shannon on the roster...I want Shannon resigned...and I dont mind Fish and Farmar...but if Nate comes...then Im guessing Jordan is gone and Fish stays? What the hell is going on...we dont need a PG...we need to cut Luke and get another physical big man and a shooter at the 3...and most importantly...RESIGN LO AND TREVOR...
Originally posted by GameOver:

The Lakers and Kings appear to be the front runners to land guard Nate Robinson, a restricted free agent of the Knicks.

Sacramento was reportedly close to swinging a deal that involved Robinson and Jared Jeffries at February's trading deadline, but talks between the Kings and Knicks fell through.

The Lakers was rumored to have inquired about Robinson after he scored 33 points at the Staples Center in December, and both Kobe Bryant and Jerry Buss gushed about the guard after the mid-December game.

Now by no means am I saying that Nate is not good...its just...I still see Fisher, Farmar, and Shannon on the roster...I want Shannon resigned...and I dont mind Fish and Farmar...but if Nate comes...then Im guessing Jordan is gone and Fish stays? What the hell is going on...we dont need a PG...we need to cut Luke and get another physical big man and a shooter at the 3...and most importantly...RESIGN LO AND TREVOR...

I wouldn't mind having Nate over Jordan. They are mere pawns in grand scheme of things, with Nate having the edge in skill and ability. I'm not sure how the money works out, but I don't think this transaction would have an effect on if we keep LO and/or Ariza.

I wouldn't mind having Nate over Jordan. They are mere pawns in grand scheme of things, with Nate having the edge in skill and ability. I'm not sure how the money works out, but I don't think this transaction would have an effect on if we keep LO and/or Ariza.

It has to effect them unless Nate is taking a damn paycut...or Buss is down with going DEEP into LT...idk...I need someone to work out the financials of a possible deal working out and seeing whats going on...
Ariza Won't Accept Hometown Discount From Lakers
Jun 30, 2009 1:09 AM EST

Trevor Ariza's agent David Lee said Monday that the Lakers won't receive a hometown discount from his client.

Lee declined to reveal how much of a raise Ariza will seek when he becomes an unrestricted free agent, but he said his client should make him the most coveted wing player on the market.

Among the teams Lee expects to pursue Ariza are Detroit, Portland and Toronto.

"It's a question of how committed the Lakers are to competing again," Lee said. "If everyone else stood still, you could see what happens when a piece is missing, but the reality is teams out there are positioning themselves to be competitive. When other teams are getting better, you can't afford to rest on your laurels."

Trevor Ariza's agent David Lee said Monday that the Lakers won't receive a hometown discount from his client.

Lee declined to reveal how much of a raise Ariza will seek when he becomes an unrestricted free agent, but he said his client should make him the most coveted wing player on the market.

"It's a question of how committed the Lakers are to competing again," Lee said. "If everyone else stood still, you could see what happens when a piece is missing, but the reality is teams out there are positioning themselves to be competitive. When other teams are getting better, you can't afford to rest on your laurels."

It would suck to lose Ariza, but if somebody is going to throw major dough at him, then you can't blame him for taking it. If he does leave, I think it leaves the door open for a very solid veteran FA to come in and play for less, hoping to ride the championship wave.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran

It would suck to lose Ariza, but if somebody is going to throw major dough at him, then you can't blame him for taking it. If he does leave, I think it leaves the door open for a very solid veteran FA to come in and play for less, hoping to ride the championship wave.

J-Kid

Originally posted by A-R-S:

J-Kid

I'm not gonna hate on Kidd, but somebody to fill Ariza's shoes would be better, IMO.

nate is my hero. makes small people me feel like we can do anything
Let's be honest. this team still is built around Kobe, Gasol and Bynum. Odom and Ariza resigned would be great. If not they can be replaced and maybe we could sign someone long term that is actually a bit more consistent than Odom.

[ Edited by socalfan21 on Jun 30, 2009 at 10:26:07 ]
Ariza's camp wants 8-9 mil a season. f**k you Ariza. Good Bye. You can be replaced by someone who wants to come for the MLE
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Ariza's camp wants 8-9 mil a season. f**k you Ariza. Good Bye. You can be replaced by someone who wants to come for the MLE

lol

god forbid he wants to make some money now
Share 49ersWebzone