Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

The first preseason game's in 37 days!

My prediction:

Your prediction is a Dragonfly face bouncing up and down?

no ... it is not

FAIL. The proper response was:

You're a Suns fan, I wouldn't expect you to know what a trophy looks like.

Then I go:

and stage exit left.

He's gotta point there, dman.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

The first preseason game's in 37 days!

My prediction:

Your prediction is a Dragonfly face bouncing up and down?

no ... it is not

FAIL. The proper response was:

You're a Suns fan, I wouldn't expect you to know what a trophy looks like.

Then I go:

and stage exit left.

He's gotta point there, dman.

Ya true

The Suns are chokers
Ron Artest in the Triangle Offense by Wilt (Triangle Offense Afficionado)

We lose Ariza. No problem, Ron Artest is even better. Many observers are worried about how Artest is going to fit within the Triangle Offense. Considering that he has some experience with the Triangle from his days with the Chicago Bulls and the fact that he came to Los Angeles to win a ring, I am not concerned about his adjustment. Even though we are weeks away from training camp, it is safe to make some predictions about Artests’s role in the system. As will be shown in the following diagrams, Artest’s main spots in the offense will be the wing and the two-guard front. Given that Chicago’s version of the Triangle did not have as many options, the Lakers will probably put Artest primarily on the wing position, which requires less reading and initiating. Thus, Kobe and Fisher will be the primary ball handlers in halfcourt, while Artest will be expected to execute the initial post entry pass.

Diagram 1

As a wing, Artest’s (O3) first option is to pass to the post, establishing the deepest penetration possible. Here, he passes to Gasol or Bynum (O5) and then sets a screen for Kobe (O2) at the top of the key. Artest is a very quick cutter and can seal off his man very effectively due to his strength. In this instance, D3 and D2 are confused about how to defend the top screen, leaving Artest just enough room to cut to the basket for a precise pass from the center.

Diagram 2

If the initial wing entry pass is not available, Artest can take advantage of movements in the offense to establish good post position on the weak side. In fact, this is one of Kobe’s favorite options when he is situated on the wing. Instead of passing to Artest, Fisher (O1) swings the ball to the opposite side of the floor in order to establish the triangle. He then cuts to the corner, while O2 stays at the top. In the meantime, Artest cuts to the post, using a rub screen by O5 (Gasol or Bynum) to open himself on the weak side post. He then can attempt a good shot or look for cutters coming from the perimeter.

Diagram 3

In addition to his responsibilities as a post passer from the wing, Artest (O3) can also take advantage of his size to gather offensive rebounds. He passes to Kobe (O2) at the top of the key, who then executes a hand off on the pinch post with Gasol (O5) and attempts a midrange shot. Meanwhile, Artest sets a screen for Fisher (O1) and then cuts quickly to the basket for a possible offensive rebound. This is one of the most important rebounding movements in the offense. The defense is distracted by the shot on the weak side, giving Artest enough time and space to cut into the paint and get a second shot for the team.

Diagram 4

Artest (O2) can also attack the defense from the top. In this diagram, he gets a handoff from Gasol (O4) and penetrates to the basket. While he might have lost a step on defense, he is very quick on penetration if he gets good spacing by his teammates. This particular option will provide him with an overload, giving him an opportunity to drive into the paint.

Diagram 5

In this diagram, Artest takes advantage of his strength and receives the ball in the post. Instead of getting a handoff, he continues cutting to the basket, establishes good position, seals off his defender, and receives a pass.

Diagram 6

The Triangle, unlike most other systems, has options for semi fastbreaks. If there is no shot in initial transition, the players then take up their various spots in the offense in order to create so-called triangle spacing. O1 takes the ball to the wing, O2 slides to the corner, and O4 and O5 trail on the break. In the meantime, Artest would take advantage of the open spot on the strong side post and would make a flash cut to open himself for a pass. If he is open, he gets the ball and then starts to work.

link
That makes my brain hurt.
Wouldn't Ron just call it the my-angle offense and just kinda run around until he gets the ball?

Me too.

Dumb-ol'-Pete and his superior b-ball knowledge!!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Me too.

Dumb-ol'-Pete and his superior b-ball knowledge!!

LOL! I can't take credit for that one. That's just a re-post from another site.
Artest & beer-thrower make up.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Man why does Ron Ron have to be a Laker? I love that guy but will have to put that aside during the season. As long as he wears yellow and purple he will be hated.

Originally posted by 9erReign:

Man why does Ron Ron have to be a Laker? I love that guy but will have to put that aside during the season. As long as he wears yellow and purple he will be hated.

Haha. I'm really excited about Artest, and only part of it has to do with his ability on the court. We've had nobody on the team with any swag, with the exception of The Machine, who had some pretty solid Euroswag going for him in '08. Kobe has negative swag.

Artest, OTOH, is f**king hilarious. I had no idea. I think he views himself as an entertainer, and LA will eat that up. He's going to be HUGELY popular in LA.
I dare you not to laugh.

Back story...Artest goes to eat some Filipino food with Laker fans, and it's karaoke night.
I dare you not to laugh.

Back story...Artest goes to eat some Filipino food with Laker fans, and it's karaoke night.

What's he gonna' sing next, Fee Tines A Mady or Wokin Pa Nub?

Wookin' Pa Nub ind all da wong paces...

.....BREAKING NEWS!!!!

.....BUCKWHEAT HAS BEEN SHOT.

In case you've just joined us...

.....BUCKWHEAT HAS BEEN SHOT.

Share 49ersWebzone