LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Official NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

• dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Full Laker Schedule

Highlights...

10/27 vs. Clippers (Opening Night...should get their rings that game)
11/15 vs. Houston (Ariza comes back)
12/25 vs. Cleveland (Kobe vs. LeBron & Shaq on Xmas)
1/18 vs. Orlando
1/21 @ Cleveland
1/31 @ Boston
2/18 vs. Boston
4/14 @ Clippers

- 17 of the first 21 games are at home.

- 8 game road trip in Jan/Feb

- 12 out of the 15 games in March are on the road

sounds like last season
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers win 70+.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I would be very surprised. It's going to take time to gel with Artest, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of a mental lapse against teams like Sacramento, the Clippers, Minnesota, etc.

I would be very surprised. It's going to take time to gel with Artest, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of a mental lapse against teams like Sacramento, the Clippers, Minnesota, etc.
that wouldnt be a mental lapse, we are going to beat you guys down
Originally posted by valrod33:

Originally posted by valrod33:

If only his team's skill matched his confidence.

As far as our schedule goes, thanks for not doing us any favors NBA...........AGAIN!!!!

So far, Artest has had his best year with a team during his first year with the team. On the court, he doesn't have mental lapses in terms of playing hard.

Also, not allowing mental lapses is why Kobe is great and why Phil is considered one of the best coaches of all time. I'm just saying, the pieces are there and 72 is attainable, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get there.
So far, Artest has had his best year with a team during his first year with the team. On the court, he doesn't have mental lapses in terms of playing hard.

Also, not allowing mental lapses is why Kobe is great and why Phil is considered one of the best coaches of all time. I'm just saying, the pieces are there and 72 is attainable, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get there.

Good point. You're absolutely right.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Aug 4, 2009 at 13:27:26 ]

We had plenty of mental lapses against bad teams last year, and two in the playoffs against a depleted Houston team. 72 wins is for a team that feels like it has something to prove on a nightly basis. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I thought we had a better shot at it last year.

Pete, would you do us all a favor and just let JC believe we will be the best NBA team of all time.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Pete, would you do us all a favor and just let JC believe we will be the best NBA team of all time.

Oh Jesus. Yeah, I forgot what the alternative is like with him.

Sasha Vujacic sat out of a Slovenia national game due to a left knee injury. They said it’s nothing serious, but the management didn’t want to risk aggravating it.

Theres a reason why I said this team could win 74 games...once again...COULD...they are talented enough...lets just see if it happens...

Let's just say we agree to agree...and don't worry about jinxing it. You guys should be THAT good.
Is that a golden toilet filled with cookies?
Share 49ersWebzone