LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Official NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

• dman
  • Veteran
"They [Riley and Wade] wanted me to come back. It was close," Odom said. "But the situation I got here is too strong."

"It's good that I put my personal ego aside. My basketball ego was, 'Why we negotiating?' But my personal ego didn't take it personal. I put my personal ego aside a little bit. I was able to stay patient.

"That's a great thing that I'm back playing basketball for the Lakers. I'm getting so many calls from friends. The Lakers are family. My kids don't have to switch schools. Little things like that are important. People don't think about things like that. I feel like something special is going to happen in this town."

"Riding off Kobe's coattail ain't bad," Odom said, laughing. "He's got something special going around. I've got to be around. I've got to be one of the apostles. There was no way I was going to pass up playing with Kobe, Pau, Andrew and Ron-Ron."

"It's more of a relief. It's a different kind of anticipation," Odom said. "But I'm ready to get back in the gym and work hard to try to win another championship.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
"They [Riley and Wade] wanted me to come back. It was close," Odom said. "But the situation I got here is too strong."

"It's good that I put my personal ego aside. My basketball ego was, 'Why we negotiating?' But my personal ego didn't take it personal. I put my personal ego aside a little bit. I was able to stay patient.

"That's a great thing that I'm back playing basketball for the Lakers. I'm getting so many calls from friends. The Lakers are family. My kids don't have to switch schools. Little things like that are important. People don't think about things like that. I feel like something special is going to happen in this town."

"Riding off Kobe's coattail ain't bad," Odom said, laughing. "He's got something special going around. I've got to be around. I've got to be one of the apostles. There was no way I was going to pass up playing with Kobe, Pau, Andrew and Ron-Ron."

"It's more of a relief. It's a different kind of anticipation," Odom said. "But I'm ready to get back in the gym and work hard to try to win another championship.

tears of joy. I give him more sh*t than any other player on the Lakers because he has such potential, but by FAR, i would have missed him the most of any Laker if he left.

LOL at Odom. That was a great day. I'm gonna miss Trevor though.

I don't mean to say I told you so about Odom coming back.............................but yeah.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I don't mean to say I told you so about Odom coming back.............................but yeah.

I hope him and Artest reminisce old times and trash the Lakers.

Wow, way to go out on a limb. The only team that could offer him more than the MLE got him. What a shock!

Good call on Ariza too.

If you want to see a real prediction you can check what I said during/right after the playoffs when I stated many times the Lakers would keep Odom and lose Ariza. To which the homers said "No way!! We will keep both!"
Originally posted by Joecool:

Your envy and jealosy is oh so apparent. Them trashing the team is the best shot the rest of the NBA has at winning next year.

Your envy and jealosy is oh so apparent. Them trashing the team is the best shot the rest of the NBA has at winning next year.

Pretty much...they are effing loaded!!! The only chance for others is hoping that they fall under the usual, too much talent and no role players pigeonhole.

Honestly though, with the our potential lineups next season, can anyone really say we aren't the favorites by FAR?

Bynum-Gasol-Artest-Kobe-Shannon

Gasol-Artest-Odom-Kobe....anyone else?

Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Honestly though, with the our potential lineups next season, can anyone really say we aren't the favorites by FAR?

Bynum-Gasol-Artest-Kobe-Shannon

Gasol-Artest-Odom-Kobe....anyone else?

You basically just named the same lineup twice and replaced Artest with Odom and left off a PG. Couldn't come up with enough off the bench to impress?
Originally posted by dobophile:

• jrg
  • Veteran
January 18th and March 7th.

david stern is already pulling his strings for you guys again

opening night the cavs face the celtics and you guys get the clippers, its nice how that works out

im jk

[ Edited by valrod33 on Aug 4, 2009 at 10:49:21 ]
Full Laker Schedule

Highlights...

10/27 vs. Clippers (Opening Night...should get their rings that game)
11/15 vs. Houston (Ariza comes back)
12/25 vs. Cleveland (Kobe vs. LeBron & Shaq on Xmas)
1/18 vs. Orlando
1/21 @ Cleveland
1/31 @ Boston
2/18 vs. Boston
4/14 @ Clippers

- 17 of the first 21 games are at home.

- 8 game road trip in Jan/Feb

- 12 out of the 15 games in March are on the road.
Share 49ersWebzone