LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Official NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Wow, David Lee sure f**ked that one up.

I'm gone for the weekend...take it easy, guys!

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jul 2, 2009 at 6:30 PM ]
Good and Bad pick.

Artest demands the ISO a lot, idk how that's gonna work out with Kobe, I rarely see anybody else on the team besides Kobe or Pau on isolation, and I rather have Kobe and Pau working that anyways besides Artest. He's up in there age, it's never a great thing when you have too many All-Stars on your team, look what happend to us when we had Malone, Shaq, Kobe, Payton...

But this is Artest we are talking about, a good spot up shooter, the best 1-on-1 defender in the league, and good post defender/rebounder. Hopefully he finds a good role for himself, and he learns how to play within this offense.

Lakers - Celtics NBA Finals.
All things considered, for the Lakers, I think Ariza > Artest.

I has a sad.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
A nice part of adding Artest is his strength. Looking at the top teams we will have to face late in the playoffs next year, it's nice to add a guy who can match up well. Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Richard Jefferson, and Paul Pierce are all guys who thrive on their strength. Artest is the perfect guy to guard these guys.

exactly. also these are all guys that kobe would struggle to guard. now he really doesn't have to.

f**k........
kobe
artest
odom
gasol
bynum

who can guard that? s**t who can attack that?
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Good and Bad pick.

Artest demands the ISO a lot, idk how that's gonna work out with Kobe, I rarely see anybody else on the team besides Kobe or Pau on isolation, and I rather have Kobe and Pau working that anyways besides Artest. He's up in there age, it's never a great thing when you have too many All-Stars on your team, look what happend to us when we had Malone, Shaq, Kobe, Payton...

But this is Artest we are talking about, a good spot up shooter, the best 1-on-1 defender in the league, and good post defender/rebounder. Hopefully he finds a good role for himself, and he learns how to play within this offense.

Lakers - Celtics NBA Finals.

If Malone didn't have that knee injury we would have won the championship....
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
All things considered, for the Lakers, I think Ariza > Artest.I has a sad.

No way.
This is going to get extremely interesting. Why couldn't we just retain the mild-mannered, team orientated player in Ariza? or even Odom? Artest is obviously a better player than Ariza, and maybe even Odom, but we had chemistry on this team..Artest could rrrrrrreally f*ck that up.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
This is going to get extremely interesting. Why couldn't we just retain the mild-mannered, team orientated player in Ariza? or even Odom? Artest is obviously a better player than Ariza, and maybe even Odom, but we had chemistry on this team..Artest could rrrrrrreally f*ck that up.

That depends on how bad he wants a ring. He was already quoted as say that he'll play what ever role Phil needed him to.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I think some of you Lakers fan are buying too much in the hype of Ron Artest the nutcase. He is far from it. He is eccentric, but in last few years, he has really really mellowed down. He made Kings better and they over-achieved with him. Same with the Rockets. He plays with heart and with energy every single night, and the only thing IF there was any weakness you guys had, it was toughness - no one is going to ever accuse you guys of being soft with Artest in the lineup.

Artest is one of the few players who can play offense and defense at all-star level, you guys have added an all-star caliber player.

Kobe and Artest - I feel sorry for the perimeter players who will go up against the Lakers for the next couple years.

ARTEST - WHY COULD'NT YOU SIGN WITH CAVS??

All things considered, for the Lakers, I think Ariza > Artest.

I has a sad.

Count your money and has a

Originally posted by ObePwnD:
All things considered, for the Lakers, I think Ariza > Artest.I has a sad.

No way.

I fear change.
Ron Ron a Laker. This is what he wanted all along. And we get him for the MLE...

Now sign Odom please...

On another note. I wanted Ariza a Laker to start this new dynasty but his big mouth agent f**ked it all up.

I am happy with Ron though...Go Lakers

Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
A nice part of adding Artest is his strength. Looking at the top teams we will have to face late in the playoffs next year, it's nice to add a guy who can match up well. Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Richard Jefferson, and Paul Pierce are all guys who thrive on their strength. Artest is the perfect guy to guard these guys.

exactly. also these are all guys that kobe would struggle to guard. now he really doesn't have to.

f**k........
kobe
artest
odom
gasol
bynum

who can guard that? s**t who can attack that?

we have so many good defenders well have a top 3 D in the league with the best O in the league
Oh and Ariza a Rocket? Why not go to the Cav's for a Championship to spite the Lakers... I really don't get this at all. The Rockets are out Artest, Ming, and MCGrady WTF is he thinking?

Ariza better find some fishing holes early!
Share 49ersWebzone