LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Official NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Did the Lakers win it this year?
Originally posted by King49er:
Did the Lakers win it this year?

Yup!!!

This was me, Pete, and AmpLee at the celebration!!!

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Someone posted this on LG:

Kwame Brown...LOL I was crying when this first aired I was laughing so hard! Is it just me but anyone with the first name Kwame sucks monster balls...
Originally posted by AmpLee:
What's up with Shawn Marion? He'd be a nice replacement if Ariza didn't sign.

He's on the radar, from what I understand, but it's more likely that we'd go after Grant Hill at the veteran's minimum and try to use the MLE on Jason Kidd if we don't sign Ariza and Artest goes elsewhere.
BTW, I think that it's very likely that a lot of what you're hearing about Ariza is being planted by his agent. Last year, he did the same thing with Bynum, using thinly-veiled threats and suggesting that anything less than max years/money was unacceptable and an insult.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
BTW, I think that it's very likely that a lot of what you're hearing about Ariza is being planted by his agent. Last year, he did the same thing with Bynum, using thinly-veiled threats and suggesting that anything less than max years/money was unacceptable and an insult.

Yeah, they're his only two clients and he's played this media game before. The fact is, if Toronto gets Kleiza and Blazers get Hedo, then no one can or will offer Ariza anything more than MLE. It wouldn't make sense for him to go elsewhere for MLE when he's got a starting gig on a championship team in a city he loves. It's just posturing on Lee's part, and I don't think the attitude of spite is as indicitive of Ariza's character as much as it is of Lee's.

That's the sense that I get as well. Ultimately, it's Ariza's call, and I don't see him leaving to go somewhere else if they're offering the same amount of money, out of spite for feeling wronged by the Laker's offer.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9758626/Kobe-vs.-MJ:-Obama-weighs-in-on-great-debate

this was his answer

"Oh, Michael,"
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Its Obamas fault
Lakers Play Hardball With Odom, Ariza, Brown
Jul 02, 2009 11:29 AM EST

The Lakers are far apart in their negotiations with free agents Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza.

In particular, Ariza and his agent were disappointed by the Lakers' annual offer of $5.6 million over an unspecified number of years. Ariza, 24, was hoping for $7 million to $8 million a year. Odom, 29, is believed to be seeking $10 million a year, though it was unclear what the Lakers offered him.

Ariza's agent, David Lee, went down to the wire last October with the Lakers while negotiating an extension for another one of his clients, Andrew Bynum. This one is at an early impasse as well.

"All we're looking for is a little appreciation for what Trevor has done," Lee said Wednesday. "I don't think they believe Trevor is serious about leaving, and that's too bad. I didn't think we'd be in this situation. I am disappointed and surprised by what I thought would be some feelings for the people who have given you everything they've got."

The Lakers also spoke with Shannon Brown's agent, but the talks produced no movement.

From RealGM:

Quote:
Ron Artest has told Ken Berger of CBSSports.com that he will sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"I'm definitely going to L.A. -- to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I'm in L.A. right now."

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financial manager's office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

The parameters of the deal still need to be agreed upon, however.

"I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they got me."

If we lose Ariza, sign Artest, and can somehow bring back LO, I think we definitely get stronger and keep pace with the rest of the powerhouses that are retooling.

Let's see if this is all Artest's BS, though. I don't think anybody will believe anything he says until the deal is signed and announced.

LA Times now reporting Artest to Lakers
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jul 2, 2009 at 4:35 PM ]
ARTEST SON
Artest.

I am happy.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
ARTEST SON

all of you hated him when he was a king. well i hope he goes bats**t crazy and gets banned from the nba.
I guess that you Can play Hardball with Ariza and Odom, when Ron freaking Artest is on line 3.
Share 49ersWebzone