There are 216 users in the forums

Name your all NBA OVERRATED team

Originally posted by dman:
Kobe Bryant

He needs to prove he can win a title without Derek Fisher

i cant stand the lakers but anyone who says kobe bryant is over rated is a joke. he is one of the best shooting guards ever. right up there with michael jordan.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I wonder how some people define overrated. To me the term could only apply to a small amount of people due to hype. It's hard to be overrated when you are rarely talked about nationally, which means you'd have to be on TV quite a bit. So now we're talking about a few select teams and players which would be successful recently right?
So how are guys like Dirk, TMac (barely played in 2 years) and the like overrated? Are they really talked about outside their own cities for being great? Nash I'll give you, he benefitted from the system and he got the MVPs.
The only possible choices are:
Kobe, LBJ, Shaq, Wade, The Celtics big3, did I miss anyone?
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
1. Jason Kidd/Iverson
2.T Mas
3. Carmelo Anthony
4.DIRK
5.Yao Ming

no way Kidd or Melo are overrated. Yao is possible, Dirk and Tracy for sure.

yao? crazy yo..

if anything dwight howard is overrated.. learn 1 post move young man.. and stop getting stripped 24/7
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by dman:
Kobe Bryant

He needs to prove he can win a title without Derek Fisher

LOL real talk!
Everybody's Overrated!!!!!

Once one person creates a lil buzz and builds a good reputation, there's always another person waiting to knock them down.

This is not just with sports...it's an aspect in everyday life.
Zaza Pachulia creeps me out. I don't think he is 100% human. His species may be dangerous.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Mo Williams
Delonte West
Lebron James
Anderson Varejao
Zadrunas Ilgauskas

Nice.
Originally posted by crzy:
Here is my real overrated lineup

PG Chauncey Billups
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Rashard Lewis
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Yao Ming

BTW, Kobe's appearance on this list is solely based on the accolades that he's received from many people. He's a legitimately great player, but not as good as he's been made out to be.

lol anyone who calls kobe overrated hasnt watched enough laker games obviously. the guy sometimes leaves me gasping for air shocked at the shots he makes
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by crzy:
Here is my real overrated lineup

PG Chauncey Billups
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Rashard Lewis
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Yao Ming

BTW, Kobe's appearance on this list is solely based on the accolades that he's received from many people. He's a legitimately great player, but not as good as he's been made out to be.

lol anyone who calls kobe overrated hasnt watched enough laker games obviously. the guy sometimes leaves me gasping for air shocked at the shots he makes

Everybody has seen Kobe play, David Stern makes sure that he is on Tv at least once a week

The most over rated player on the Zone is Kobe Bryant
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
1. Jason Kidd/Iverson
2.T Mas
3. Carmelo Anthony
4.DIRK
5.Yao Ming

no way Kidd or Melo are overrated. Yao is possible, Dirk and Tracy for sure.

Kidd got traded for Devin Harris?? He can't shoot, and clearly isn't as smooth as he used to be, he has to be overrated.

and don't get me started on Melo, i watched that Nuggets series thinking about how much better they would be with another star starting player.
PG: Nash, Baron Davis,
SG: T-Mac, Iverson
SF: Artest and I'll put AK47 cuz he obviously has overrated his cry baby self
PF: Boozer, being able to get 20 and 10 means nothing when you can't defend a chair and aren't a leader in the locker room.
C: Camby, Bynum
Bogut (Milw)
M. Williams (ATL)
M. Williams (Cle)
YI (N.J)
( L. Dang) (Chi)
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i cant stand the lakers but anyone who says kobe bryant is over rated is a joke. he is one of the best shooting guards ever. right up there with michael jordan.

You put him in the same level as Jordan. that makes Kobe overrated right there. If you say Kobe is one of the NBA greats just a notch below Jordan, then Kobe would be properly rated.
Share 49ersWebzone