LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Orlando Magic 2009 Eastern Conference Champions Offseason Thread

• Dino
  • Veteran
Jason Williams press conference
Originally posted by Dino:
Jason Williams press conference

Cool. Hope he can contribute this upcoming season.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Link

Quote:
On the talent level of Marcin Gortat:

“Gortat might be one of the most underrated players in the NBA. That tells you how good a player he is that they’re gonna pay him that type of money to sit on the bench. I watched him play a few times but to get to watch him every day game during the playoffs; I think he’s one of the ten best centers in the NBA.”
Originally posted by jrg:
Link

Quote:

“Gortat might be one of the most underrated players in the NBA. That tells you how good a player he is that they’re gonna pay him that type of money to sit on the bench. I watched him play a few times but to get to watch him every day game during the playoffs; I think he’s one of the ten best centers in the NBA.”

Cant mess with the Polish Hammer baby!
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Link

Quote:

Cant mess with the Polish Hammer baby!

I'm not going to try and say I know the ins and outs of Gortat, but just because somebody over payed him to sit on the bench doesn't make him a top 10 Center. The list of guys that fit this category is enormous.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
And out of all of our off season moves, Otis finally makes the only one that matters...

Quote:
Magic Re-Sign Adonal Foyle

August 27, 2009

ORLANDO -- The Orlando Magic have re-signed free agent center Adonal Foyle, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed.

Foyle played in 10 games last season with both the Magic and Memphis, averaging 1.7 ppg. and 2.6 rpg. in 6.2 minpg. He was traded to Memphis as part of the three-team deal that sent Rafer Alston to Orlando on Feb. 19, later waived by Memphis on Mar. 1, then re-signed by Orlando on Mar. 23.

Originally selected by Golden State in the first round (eighth overall) of the 1997 NBA Draft, Foyle (6’10”, 270, 3/9/75) has appeared in 733 regular season games during his 12-year NBA career with Golden State, Orlando and Memphis, averaging 4.1 ppg., 4.7 rpg. and 1.63 blkpg. in 17.8 minpg. Foyle is Golden State’s all-time franchise leader in blocked shots with 1,140.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Courtney Lee Wants To Fill Orlando With Regret

Quote:
Courtney Lee is determined to become the kind of player the Orlando Magic will regret trading away to the New Jersey Nets.

"I'm going to be a man on a mission," Lee said Thursday afternoon after a training session at the IMG Academy. "I just hope they'll be happy for me when I grow into the player that they wish they had. I'd like them to one day say 'I wish we would have kept him.'"

Orlando dealt Lee in a package that included Vince Carter.

"I'd like to be Dwight Howard's teammate again -- in the All-Star game," Lee said. "They [Magic] have a history of trading good players [Ben Wallace, Tracy McGrady, Corey Maggette, Mike Miller] who did well afterward. I hope that's me. My goal will be to go out and dominate every game, but especially those games [when I play the Magic]. I'll be jacked up for sure."

Lee had high hopes for his future with the Magic.

"The trade shocked me. After the Finals, Dwight and I were talking about things we had to do to get back and win a championship together. He joked about us being the next Shaq and Penny [Hardaway] with the Magic," he said. "I know it's a business, and trades happen, but it's not something you forget, even when you look forward like I am."

Good luck Courtney. We'll see if you are right.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Your 2009-10 Orlando Magic
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Pietrus < Bass

Quote:
Vince Carter — At the moment, it looks like Stan Van Gundy will keep Rashard Lewis at power forward, start Mickael Pietrus at two-guard, and replace with Hedo with Vince at the three. Earlier this year I wrote that Vince would be the missing piece to a championhip in Orlando, and that was before the rest of the core group gained valuable postseason and NBA Finals experience. All Vince has to do is be Vince, and the Magic won’t miss a beat as a championship contender.

Nelson
Pietrus
Carter
Lewis
Howard

Link

Pietrus < Bass

Quote:
Vince Carter — At the moment, it looks like Stan Van Gundy will keep Rashard Lewis at power forward, start Mickael Pietrus at two-guard, and replace with Hedo with Vince at the three. Earlier this year I wrote that Vince would be the missing piece to a championhip in Orlando, and that was before the rest of the core group gained valuable postseason and NBA Finals experience. All Vince has to do is be Vince, and the Magic won’t miss a beat as a championship contender.

Nelson
Pietrus
Carter
Lewis
Howard

Link

My guess is that SVG will see how this lineup works after Rashard comes back. Bass may very well start in the first ten games until Lewis returns. After that, I wouldnt be surprised if Bass starts in games against teams with a big frontcourt, ie Boston, Cleveland, etc.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Pietrus < Bass

Quote:

Nelson
Pietrus
Carter
Lewis
Howard

Link

My guess is that SVG will see how this lineup works after Rashard comes back. Bass may very well start in the first ten games until Lewis returns. After that, I wouldnt be surprised if Bass starts in games against teams with a big frontcourt, ie Boston, Cleveland, etc.

All about mixing and matching..and we finally have options.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Pietrus < Bass

Quote:

Nelson
Pietrus
Carter
Lewis
Howard

Link

Dude, we lost Hedo. There is no way we can still be a championship contender.
Pietrus < Bass

Quote:

Nelson
Pietrus
Carter
Lewis
Howard

Link

But we have Adonal Foyle.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Pietrus < Bass

Quote:

Nelson
Pietrus
Carter
Lewis
Howard

Link

Oh yeah, thats right..damnit!
Share 49ersWebzone