There are 275 users in the forums

Orlando Magic 2009 Eastern Conference Champions Offseason Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by GameOver:
^fair enough, but I just dont see Vince being a "team player" in this one...i plan on hearing a lot from him...during the season...lol

however, lol, nice touch at the end...good luck jrg, dino, and VA...hope your offseason goes well and not ballistic...

I wouldnt mind seeing you guys in the Finals again...thatd be a huge shot to Shaq+LeBot which would be too funny to see on TV...again...lol

I think first off, Vince will be happy to be winning ball games after being stuck in NJ with basically nothing for the majority of his career. He's coming to play w/ the best young C and a LEGIT team for once. May sway his point of view..or hopefully I hope so. Maybe he finishes the game w/ 10 points, but Orlando wins. That should be all that matters. Hell, I'll take his 30+ performances..but winning games is all that matters. Hopefully he sees that as well.

Haha, yeah..good luck to you guys as well, I wouldn't be surprised w/ another Lakers/Magic Finals..hopefully the old saying "Paybacks a b***h" comes into play here.

Your overconfidence is overwhelming. The Magic will find out how hard it is to get back, next year. Can they? Maybe. But you seem to have looked past your conference competition getting stronger, as well.

As far as my opinion on Vince, I'm skeptical, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Wait, I thought it would be Spurs/Magic?

You thought wrong. We're going back to back. If not another 3-peat. Remember, Phil has never won anything less than 3 in a row.

But back to the Magic: What's the story of they lose Hedo?

Jackson won't be back w/ LA next year..health problems, doesn't wanna travel w/ the team...part time coach..get outta here w/ that nonsense. You guys need a coach before you talk about repeating..and 3-peat?

Back to the Magic...IF Hedo doesn't re-sign to play w/ us, I've seen alot of stuff regarding Hedo, Redick/Anderson, draft picks to Toronto for Chris Bosh. Who knows. I'd rather have Hedo to keep this rotation going..but what will happen. DeVos apparently intends to dig deep in the pockets to keep Hedo in a Magic jersey and even if he doesn't and even if we don't make a move for Bosh/Boozer, we still have:

Nelson
Carter
Pietrus
Lewis
Howard

Losing the NBA Finals to us must have made you block out any Laker news, lately. Phil and Mitch already put the part time gig to rest, saying it got blown out of proportion and wouldn't be happening. Phil should be back next year. What's really funny is you trying to talk smack about OUR coaching situation when you have the Master of Panic on your bench doing everything he can to eff it up for your team.

Good luck on the run to get back to the Finals next year. I think it'll be tougher than you think.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Seriously dude, I couldn't be happier right now.
Regardless of the Hedo situation, we NEED to bulk up down low now.

Outside of Dwight, we don't have anything legit down low.

Battie gone, Gortat possibly leaving, Anderson another shooter (to spread the floor for Dwight), Foyle?

We need to make a move for a PF/C.

Trade Redick!

Ya, its time for JJ to go.

And they are not done yet!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
^fair enough, but I just dont see Vince being a "team player" in this one...i plan on hearing a lot from him...during the season...lol

however, lol, nice touch at the end...good luck jrg, dino, and VA...hope your offseason goes well and not ballistic...

I wouldnt mind seeing you guys in the Finals again...thatd be a huge shot to Shaq+LeBot which would be too funny to see on TV...again...lol

I think first off, Vince will be happy to be winning ball games after being stuck in NJ with basically nothing for the majority of his career. He's coming to play w/ the best young C and a LEGIT team for once. May sway his point of view..or hopefully I hope so. Maybe he finishes the game w/ 10 points, but Orlando wins. That should be all that matters. Hell, I'll take his 30+ performances..but winning games is all that matters. Hopefully he sees that as well.

Haha, yeah..good luck to you guys as well, I wouldn't be surprised w/ another Lakers/Magic Finals..hopefully the old saying "Paybacks a b***h" comes into play here.

Your overconfidence is overwhelming. The Magic will find out how hard it is to get back, next year. Can they? Maybe. But you seem to have looked past your conference competition getting stronger, as well.

As far as my opinion on Vince, I'm skeptical, but we'll just have to wait and see.

You thought wrong. We're going back to back. If not another 3-peat. Remember, Phil has never won anything less than 3 in a row.

Jackson won't be back w/ LA next year..health problems, doesn't wanna travel w/ the team...part time coach..get outta here w/ that nonsense. You guys need a coach before you talk about repeating..and 3-peat?

Back to the Magic...IF Hedo doesn't re-sign to play w/ us, I've seen alot of stuff regarding Hedo, Redick/Anderson, draft picks to Toronto for Chris Bosh. Who knows. I'd rather have Hedo to keep this rotation going..but what will happen. DeVos apparently intends to dig deep in the pockets to keep Hedo in a Magic jersey and even if he doesn't and even if we don't make a move for Bosh/Boozer, we still have:

Nelson
Carter
Pietrus
Lewis
Howard

Losing the NBA Finals to us must have made you block out any Laker news, lately. Phil and Mitch already put the part time gig to rest, saying it got blown out of proportion and wouldn't be happening. Phil should be back next year. What's really funny is you trying to talk smack about OUR coaching situation when you have the Master of Panic on your bench doing everything he can to eff it up for your team.

Good luck on the run to get back to the Finals next year. I think it'll be tougher than you think.

This morning on ESPNEWS they reported Jackson didn't want to travel w/ w/ the team which became a problem w/ the Lakers owner because he wants a coach fully committed to the team. And I'm not talking smack, just pointing out obvious facts. And how can you call SVG the "Master Of Panic" when before Shaq said something, I'm sure you knew nothing about him. I'm sure he did alot of that when we beat the defending NBA Champions and LeBot. We had two games (Game 2 & 4) we should have taken which would have TOTALLY changed that series..we just didn't finish them. It came down to Orlando LOSING those games (Courtney Lee missed layup in Game 2 and us blowing the lead in Game 4) that costed us the Finals. So, lay off SVG w/ this panic nonsense. If he was doing that, how did we win Game 7 in Boston?

See ya next year Lakers

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 26, 2009 at 00:19:08 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Battie gone, Gortat possibly leaving, Anderson another shooter (to spread the floor for Dwight), Foyle?

Trade Redick!

We just need to get rid of him why he has SOME trade value.

Trade Redick!

Ya. I dont think JJ will like playing behind Pietrus and a Tar Heel.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

And they are not done yet!

Exactly. Remains to be seen what we do w/ Hedo and our PF situation. Plus we need to sure up the the bench (mainly PF/C depth) which can be done w/ getting rid of our clogged up guard situation..we don't need Nelson/Johnson/Lue/Redick/Richardson/Pietrus/others.

Trade Redick and a draft pick to get a big man to replace Battie and then sign another to replace Gortat for MLE.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Trade Redick!

Ya. I dont think JJ will like playing behind Pietrus and a Tar Heel.

Hahaha, didn't think of that..Vince vs. JJ in the locker room.

• jrg
  • Veteran
BTW, I love how biased this forum is...this is 90% NBA...then the rest.

We need our own NBA Forum.
I think one player who is really underrated in this deal is ryan anderson. hes a good shooter which fits orlando's system and hes a decent rebounder with some size for the 4 spot.

Nelson
Carter
Pietrus
Lewis
Howard

This morning on ESPNEWS they reported Jackson didn't want to travel w/ w/ the team which became a problem w/ the Lakers owner because he wants a coach fully committed to the team. And I'm not talking smack, just pointing out obvious facts. And how can you call SVG the "Master Of Panic" when before Shaq said something, I'm sure you knew nothing about him. I'm sure he did alot of that when we beat the defending NBA Champions and LeBot. We had two games (Game 2 & 4) we should have taken which would have TOTALLY changed that series..we just didn't finish them. It came down to Orlando LOSING those games (Courtney Lee missed layup in Game 2 and us blowing the lead in Game 4) that costed us the Finals. So, lay off SVG w/ this panic nonsense. If he was doing that, how did we win Game 7 in Boston?

See ya next year Lakers

This is from yesterday:

Quote:
The GM also addressed Phil Jackson’s comments on ESPN radio yesterday that suggested the coach and Kupchak had discussed Jackson’s not traveling as much should he return: “Yes, Phil and I had a long discussion this morning, and the short of it is, what he said he didn’t mean it to sound the way it sounded. If he comes back to coach, he will come back and coach both home and away games. I guess there was a hypothetical approach to the question, and Phil answered the question, but today my discussion with him was that type of scenario doesn’t work, and that’s his opinion as well.”

And then this from today:

Quote:
Just reported by Laker Rob on the radio (AM570-Lakers Flagship station) according to Frank Hamblin - Phil will be back and he will coach fulltime.

So easily you forget about games 1 and 5, where Stan had nothing for what was being thrown at his team. Good luck with SVG. And good job assuming you know what I know about him, or anything for that matter. You're great at that.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Nelson
Carter
Pietrus
Lewis
Howard

See ya next year Lakers

This is from yesterday:

Quote:
The GM also addressed Phil Jackson’s comments on ESPN radio yesterday that suggested the coach and Kupchak had discussed Jackson’s not traveling as much should he return: “Yes, Phil and I had a long discussion this morning, and the short of it is, what he said he didn’t mean it to sound the way it sounded. If he comes back to coach, he will come back and coach both home and away games. I guess there was a hypothetical approach to the question, and Phil answered the question, but today my discussion with him was that type of scenario doesn’t work, and that’s his opinion as well.”

And then this from today:

Quote:
Just reported by Laker Rob on the radio (AM570-Lakers Flagship station) according to Frank Hamblin - Phil will be back and he will coach fulltime.

So easily you forget about games 1 and 5, where Stan had nothing for what was being thrown at his team. Good luck with SVG. And good job assuming you know what I know about him, or anything for that matter. You're great at that.

w/ Phil Jackson..who cares. I certainly don't. You have your own thread..just telling you what I saw this morning.

And as or SVG, Game 1 and 5? Nothing for what was being thrown at him? I don't see any panic there..I just see a simply better Laker ball club. You beat us those games. We won Game 3 and should have won 2 & 4. And yes, if you are going to call SVG the "Master of Panic" I am going to assume what you know of him..considering 'Van Gundy' and 'panic' have never been in the same sentence of any of your posts until Shaq mentioned something of it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Just for the fun of it

Share 49ersWebzone