There are 240 users in the forums

Orlando Magic 2009 Eastern Conference Champions Offseason Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
^fair enough, but I just dont see Vince being a "team player" in this one...i plan on hearing a lot from him...during the season...lol

however, lol, nice touch at the end...good luck jrg, dino, and VA...hope your offseason goes well and not ballistic...

I wouldnt mind seeing you guys in the Finals again...thatd be a huge shot to Shaq+LeBot which would be too funny to see on TV...again...lol

I think first off, Vince will be happy to be winning ball games after being stuck in NJ with basically nothing for the majority of his career. He's coming to play w/ the best young C and a LEGIT team for once. May sway his point of view..or hopefully I hope so. Maybe he finishes the game w/ 10 points, but Orlando wins. That should be all that matters. Hell, I'll take his 30+ performances..but winning games is all that matters. Hopefully he sees that as well.

Haha, yeah..good luck to you guys as well, I wouldn't be surprised w/ another Lakers/Magic Finals..hopefully the old saying "Paybacks a b***h" comes into play here.
Originally posted by jrg:
^fair enough, but I just dont see Vince being a "team player" in this one...i plan on hearing a lot from him...during the season...lol

however, lol, nice touch at the end...good luck jrg, dino, and VA...hope your offseason goes well and not ballistic...

I wouldnt mind seeing you guys in the Finals again...thatd be a huge shot to Shaq+LeBot which would be too funny to see on TV...again...lol

I think first off, Vince will be happy to be winning ball games after being stuck in NJ with basically nothing for the majority of his career. He's coming to play w/ the best young C and a LEGIT team for once. May sway his point of view..or hopefully I hope so. Maybe he finishes the game w/ 10 points, but Orlando wins. That should be all that matters. Hell, I'll take his 30+ performances..but winning games is all that matters. Hopefully he sees that as well.

Haha, yeah..good luck to you guys as well, I wouldn't be surprised w/ another Lakers/Magic Finals..hopefully the old saying "Paybacks a b***h" comes into play here.

Your overconfidence is overwhelming. The Magic will find out how hard it is to get back, next year. Can they? Maybe. But you seem to have looked past your conference competition getting stronger, as well.

As far as my opinion on Vince, I'm skeptical, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Your overconfidence is overwhelming. The Magic will find out how hard it is to get back, next year. Can they? Maybe. But you seem to have looked past your conference competition getting stronger, as well.

As far as my opinion on Vince, I'm skeptical, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Wait, I thought it would be Spurs/Magic?
  • jrg
  • Veteran

How can I not be confident? We're NBA Finals contending w/o Carter..now we added more?

Orlando has to be confident coming into this season..we're finally where we need to be to contend..and we're gonna be at this position for a LONG time w/ our young talent.

Yes, the East got better..but today the East's best got better as well.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

You thought wrong. We're going back to back. If not another 3-peat. Remember, Phil has never won anything less than 3 in a row.

But back to the Magic: What's the story of they lose Hedo?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Dino, VA

Here is the VC Press Conference

Tell me what you think:

Link

• jrg
  • Veteran
Dino, VA

Tell me what you think:

Link

Dino, VA

Tell me what you think:

Link

Otis says Rick DeVos is ready to do whatever it takes to win. I'm in!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Dino, VA

Tell me what you think:

Link

Otis says Rick DeVos is ready to do whatever it takes to win. I'm in!

"Our management is doing absolutely everything possible to win, and now the players and coaches have to just win." - SVG

You thought wrong. We're going back to back. If not another 3-peat. Remember, Phil has never won anything less than 3 in a row.

We may pursue Sheed and/or Mcdyess if Gortat bolts. Rumor has it Sheed is down to choosing the Spurs or Magic.

Dino, VA

Tell me what you think:

Link

Vinsanity says he and D12 had a dunk contest already!?

• jrg
  • Veteran

Jackson won't be back w/ LA next year..health problems, doesn't wanna travel w/ the team...part time coach..get outta here w/ that nonsense. You guys need a coach before you talk about repeating..and 3-peat?

Back to the Magic...IF Hedo doesn't re-sign to play w/ us, I've seen alot of stuff regarding Hedo, Redick/Anderson, draft picks to Toronto for Chris Bosh. Who knows. I'd rather have Hedo to keep this rotation going..but what will happen. DeVos apparently intends to dig deep in the pockets to keep Hedo in a Magic jersey and even if he doesn't and even if we don't make a move for Bosh/Boozer, we still have:

Nelson
Carter
Pietrus
Lewis
Howard
  • jrg
  • Veteran

We may pursue Sheed and/or Mcdyess if Gortat bolts. Rumor has it Sheed is down to choosing the Spurs or Magic.

Sheed (as much as I hate the f**ker) would fit in perfectly with us with his ability to shoot the ball and spread the floor. If we could sign him to the MLE, I'd be
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Regardless of the Hedo situation, we NEED to bulk up down low now.

Outside of Dwight, we don't have anything legit down low.

Battie gone, Gortat possibly leaving, Anderson another shooter (to spread the floor for Dwight), Foyle?

We need to make a move for a PF/C.

Trade Redick!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Dino, VA

Tell me what you think:

Link

Vinsanity says he and D12 had a dunk contest already!?

Haha he said apparently they already have, but the reporter asked him about it happening again. A guy I know (on RealGM's Magic forums) said apparently Pietrus is challenging him for a practice dunk-off.
Share 49ersWebzone