• jrg
  • Veteran

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 25, 2009 at 20:21:09 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I still can't believe this happened
  • jrg
  • Veteran

So apparently Pietrus already challenged Carter to a dunk contest in practice.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i think nets got the better end of the deal outta this

Harris
Lee
Terence Williams
Yi
Lopez

If VC works out in Orlando, then Orlando will be fun to watch...but I dont think they really got loads better...

If anything I think this deal just said that we dont gaf about Hedo cuz VCs cap number has gotta be a bit steep...they are already saying good bye to Turk and letting him fly out without even trying? Oh well...
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Fincham11:
That sounds like a pretty dangerous lineup now.

Howard
Nelson
Turkgolu
Carter
Lewis

Hedo is opting out.

And would be dumb to leave now.

Not really. They probably know that Hedo is leaving. That's why the replace him with another shooter.

Um, what? They wanna prove to Hedo that they're serious about contending for a title...what Hedo wants..so they go out and GREATLY improve their only downfall in their starting lineup..the 2 guard spot.

Why would Hedo want to opt out then like his agent is saying? The Magic just made it to the finals without Vince Carter.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Fincham11:
That sounds like a pretty dangerous lineup now.

Howard
Nelson
Turkgolu
Carter
Lewis

Hedo is opting out.

And would be dumb to leave now.

Not really. They probably know that Hedo is leaving. That's why the replace him with another shooter.

Um, what? They wanna prove to Hedo that they're serious about contending for a title...what Hedo wants..so they go out and GREATLY improve their only downfall in their starting lineup..the 2 guard spot.

Why would Hedo want to opt out then like his agent is saying? The Magic just made it to the finals without Vince Carter.

He opted out because his value is at an all time high. If you've read the articles I've posted he says its nothing against the Magic, he just wants to get what he feels he deserves. Hes improved his play immensely and is a very rare player. He wants to test the free agency market to see what kind of cash he can get, but in the end he wants to stay in Orlando.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I think alot of people are looking at the Carter trade in the wrong way.

Hedo knows he can get money now yes, but he wants a ring..he wants to play for a team who he thinks can contend (notice his name hasn't been involved w/ below average teams)..he wants a ring. Orlando's main downfall last year was their SG position..sure, in a few years Lee will be great..but what about now. We have this team now and we are LOADED with talent..we need something that will put us over the top (obviously we didn't have that last year)..acquiring a LEGIT SG to prove to Hedo that Otis Smith and the Magic are serious, may sway Hedo's decision again. You think he wants to go to a team like Portland and MAYBE win 50 games? Or does he want to play for a NBA CHAMPIONSHIP THREAT like Orlando and win 60+ games?

Sure, money talks..and Orlando is willing to use their LT to give him what he wants to win a title.

Hedo knows he can get money now yes, but he wants a ring..he wants to play for a team who he thinks can contend (notice his name hasn't been involved w/ below average teams)..he wants a ring. Orlando's main downfall last year was their SG position..sure, in a few years Lee will be great..but what about now. We have this team now and we are LOADED with talent..we need something that will put us over the top (obviously we didn't have that last year)..acquiring a LEGIT SG to prove to Hedo that Otis Smith and the Magic are serious, may sway Hedo's decision again. You think he wants to go to a team like Portland and MAYBE win 50 games? Or does he want to play for a NBA CHAMPIONSHIP THREAT like Orlando and win 60+ games?

Sure, money talks..and Orlando is willing to use their LT to give him what he wants to win a title.

You talk like this team is old and has a small window...hedos got AT LEAST 4 years left in him...Dwight has forever, Courtney HAD forever, Rashard is 30 as well...you guys got like a GOOD 4-5 years with your current unit and the young guys (Dwight, Courtney, Jameer) are only going to get better...I think Vince is good, dont get me wrong, I just think its an odd move...a very...very...odd move...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:

You talk like this team is old and has a small window...hedos got AT LEAST 4 years left in him...Dwight has forever, Courtney HAD forever, Rashard is 30 as well...you guys got like a GOOD 4-5 years with your current unit and the young guys (Dwight, Courtney, Jameer) are only going to get better...I think Vince is good, dont get me wrong, I just think its an odd move...a very...very...odd move...

Maybe so, but even w/o Lee this team is a title contender. Nelson/Hedo/Lewis/Howard? Thats a legit squad. Adding VC makes this team EXTREMELY good for a good 3-4 years. Don't get me wrong man, Courtney Lee is AMAZING and hes gonna be a great player with New Jersey. But this move makes us right there and if not BETTER then the Lakers now. Plus, we have a few years to draft a SG that will replace VC in the future. But, in your defense...I think Otis Smith got a taste of the Finals and wanted more..its like a young dude getting his first taste of p***y..hes gonna do what it takes to get some more. And he MAY have made a desperation move..but regardless, I like it. But, when Courtney is dropping 18+ this year and locking down on defenders..I'm gonna be

Maybe so, but even w/o Lee this team is a title contender. Nelson/Hedo/Lewis/Howard? Thats a legit squad. Adding VC makes this team EXTREMELY good for a good 3-4 years. Don't get me wrong man, Courtney Lee is AMAZING and hes gonna be a great player with New Jersey. But this move makes us right there and if not BETTER then the Lakers now. Plus, we have a few years to draft a SG that will replace VC in the future. But, in your defense...I think Otis Smith got a taste of the Finals and wanted more..its like a young dude getting his first taste of p***y..hes gonna do what it takes to get some more. And he MAY have made a desperation move..but regardless, I like it. But, when Courtney is dropping 18+ this year and locking down on defenders..I'm gonna be

Of course if CLee is not dropping 18+ and Ryan Anderson becomes the long sought answer at PF since Horace Grant, then I will also be . CLee has potential, but now he has to go to a from the ECF champs Magic to............NJ with no Carter, Richard Jefferson and unknowns in Brooks Lopez. I wish him only the best though.

Battie is gone...........good. Alston was never good with being only a backup. And people forget Ryan Anderson just had a good a year as Lee rookie-wise, while only averaging 19m and on a Nets team that struggled nonetheless.

But Vinny and Jammer!? Oh boy!

Still in shock, but happy since Carter lives in Orlando.

Will Vince use #15?

If so, then if Hedo stays he would go back to his old #5...........

.......and Redick should go back to his college #4 (since Battie is gone), thereby re-igniting his shooting touch that altogether disappeared.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jun 25, 2009 at 22:40:51 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Yeah, #5 would be good for VC too..I was thinking he takes Lee's #11

Or possibly his cousins old number (McGrady) and takes #1.

And yeah, Redick def needs to go to #4

But now you got chemistry (well, possible) issues...true you got that go to guy now in Vince (although I dunno how comfortable Hedo feels about that now, but he doesnt seem like a guy with a big enough ego to care about that) but hes a guy used to taking 20+ shots a game...I dont see that happening on a team with Dwight, Rashard, Jameer, and possibly Hedo...Hedo's gotta be thinking if he goes to Portland he could get damn good money, be on a great young team, playing back on the West Coast and alongside some great guys who true, wouldnt have him as the "go to" guy *Brandon Roy* but would depend on him heavily as that veteran leader...

I dunno...I just see this move as a shot to Hedo...once again, if Otis really is serious about going all out, then yeah, he'll take the 20 million hit in LT and resign Hedo and assuming chemistry works out, have arguably the best team (on paper at least) in the NBA...

We'll see what happens I suppose...
  • jrg
  • Veteran

But now you got chemistry (well, possible) issues...true you got that go to guy now in Vince (although I dunno how comfortable Hedo feels about that now, but he doesnt seem like a guy with a big enough ego to care about that) but hes a guy used to taking 20+ shots a game...I dont see that happening on a team with Dwight, Rashard, Jameer, and possibly Hedo...Hedo's gotta be thinking if he goes to Portland he could get damn good money, be on a great young team, playing back on the West Coast and alongside some great guys who true, wouldnt have him as the "go to" guy *Brandon Roy* but would depend on him heavily as that veteran leader...

I dunno...I just see this move as a shot to Hedo...once again, if Otis really is serious about going all out, then yeah, he'll take the 20 million hit in LT and resign Hedo and assuming chemistry works out, have arguably the best team (on paper at least) in the NBA...

We'll see what happens I suppose...

Vince is gonna have to work his way into the rotation the same way Rashard did. We're a BALANCED team and if anybody is getting extra touches, its gonna be Dwight Howard. Carter is gonna have to understand that. Hes gonna get as many touches as the rest of the team. Nelson/Carter/Hedo/Lewis/Howard? Thats ALOT of options on the offensive end...and winning basketball games is all that matters. Hedo COULD go to a young team..and COULD be appreciated more..but is he gonna win a title in Portland? No way. That team (WITH HEDO) won't get past LA, San Antonio, Houston next season. Or, he could see the fact that Orlando WANTS him here and is WILLING to give him a fair contract..and see that Orlando is using their LT for the first time in franchise history to keep him here..and play w/ another young team Nelson/Cater/Lewis/Howard who has already proven they are championship material. We shall all see though, but personally I see adding VC and showing Hedo what we're willing to do for him will be enough to keep Turkey-glue down in Orlando.

Seriously though...

Nelson
Carter
Hedo
Lewis
Howard

Seriously? GameOver NBA
^fair enough, but I just dont see Vince being a "team player" in this one...i plan on hearing a lot from him...during the season...lol

however, lol, nice touch at the end...good luck jrg, dino, and VA...hope your offseason goes well and not ballistic...

I wouldnt mind seeing you guys in the Finals again...thatd be a huge shot to Shaq+LeBot which would be too funny to see on TV...again...lol
Share 49erswebzone