There are 156 users in the forums

Orlando Magic 2009 Eastern Conference Champions Offseason Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Just read something that if Hedo doesn't sign w/ Orlando...Orlando will go after Chris Bosh (Dwight Howard's best friend) or Carlos Boozer...

Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Bosh/Boozer
Howard

Good f**king lord.

HOLY #$% if that were to be true. Where's Dino in all this madness!?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Just read something that if Hedo doesn't sign w/ Orlando...Orlando will go after Chris Bosh (Dwight Howard's best friend) or Carlos Boozer...

Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Bosh/Boozer
Howard

Good f**king lord.

I don't know how that would be possible..maybe some sort of sign-and-trade deal?

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by Fincham11:
That sounds like a pretty dangerous lineup now.

Howard
Nelson
Turkgolu
Carter
Lewis

Hedo is opting out.

And would be dumb to leave now.

Money talks.

And the Magic will pay him the most.

This.

Why would they pay him the most if rings>money? That would be stupid.

Because having Hedo greatly improves their chances of winning a title...

Can they afford both?

With Magic ownership saying they will dip into the LT to keep him............YES.

Exactly...they're gonna use that luxury tax for sure to keep Hedo here in Orlando.

I need to hear it from a non Magic fan

Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Bosh/Boozer
Howard

Good f**king lord.

I don't know how that would be possible..maybe some sort of sign-and-trade deal?

Has to be..........Hedo was rumored to be S&T for awhile. Bosh and Boozer are restricted. But good lord, I will go absolutely fcukin nuts if this happens. I thought Otis Smith was a panzy when it came to getting FAs...........but now
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by Fincham11:
That sounds like a pretty dangerous lineup now.

Howard
Nelson
Turkgolu
Carter
Lewis

Hedo is opting out.

And would be dumb to leave now.

Money talks.

And the Magic will pay him the most.

This.

Why would they pay him the most if rings>money? That would be stupid.

Because having Hedo greatly improves their chances of winning a title...

Can they afford both?

With Magic ownership saying they will dip into the LT to keep him............YES.

Exactly...they're gonna use that luxury tax for sure to keep Hedo here in Orlando.

I need to hear it from a non Magic fan

Hold on, lemme get you a link.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Link

Quote:
Chief operating officer Alex Martins said the team is prepared to go over the luxury tax for the first time in its history, perhaps giving the Magic the space they need to re-sign the soon-to-be free agent Turkoglu and remain a contender to return to the NBA finals.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Link

Quote:
Chief operating officer Alex Martins said the team is prepared to go over the luxury tax for the first time in its history, perhaps giving the Magic the space they need to re-sign the soon-to-be free agent Turkoglu and remain a contender to return to the NBA finals.

He said the Magic have sold about 4,000 extra season-ticket plans during the playoffs for next year, putting them at about 11,000. Their new arena, the Orlando Events Center, is scheduled to open for the start of the 2010 season and increase revenue - which is the primary reason they can go into the luxury tax if necessary.

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 25, 2009 at 16:40:42 ]
Link

Quote:

He said the Magic have sold about 4,000 extra season-ticket plans during the playoffs for next year, putting them at about 11,000. Their new arena, the Orlando Events Center, is scheduled to open for the start of the 2010 season and increase revenue - which is the primary reason they can go into the luxury tax if necessary.

Stan's Panic Room!!!

• jrg
  • Veteran
Link

Quote:

Stan's Panic Room!!!

Link

Quote:

This was written before they obtained Carter

I think that changes things

• jrg
  • Veteran
Link

Quote:

Why would it? They can still do it? They just need to negotiate a fair contract with him. He WANTS to play in Orlando.
Link

Quote:

Why would it? They can still do it? They just need to negotiate a fair contract with him. He WANTS to play in Orlando.

Im assuming Carter has a max contract. Does somebody have a salary cap breakdown?
  • Dino
  • Veteran
i'm going to miss courtney lee
  • Dino
  • Veteran

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dino:
i'm going to miss courtney lee

Me too..but like Ive been saying, championship-caliber teams take chances to get to where they wanna be. We're taking a chance here.
Share 49erswebzone