LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

King-Shaq?

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by crzy:
Another thing not mentioned, there is no way the Suns do this deal unless they get several first round picks.

Is he even worth that anymore?

I think multiple 1st rounders is a ridiculous price for the current Shaq.

qft
Another thing not mentioned, there is no way the Suns do this deal unless they get several first round picks.

thats what I mean,the dude is old now
Hmm...this would make Z expendable I imagine...the problem is...what team would really want to go after a Z thinking that he would put them over the top...the only teams Id imagine would contemplate trading for him would be San Antonio...he'd help spread out the floor and allow them to move Kurt off the bench and give their offense some more lovin...maybe Denver, Miami, Philly, New Orleans...and a lot of those are stretches in my eyes...

I dont think they'd put Z at the 4 (Cleveland that is), and I mean yeah, it'd be nice to have him coming off the bench but I just dont see that happening...

But yeah, Shaq+LeBot...thats sick...now all they need is a 4 (Varejao should not be starting...) and they'll be well...beyond impressive...lol

Whats more interesting is that Phoenix is also shopping Amare...to NY perhaps? I envisioned him, Nash, and Michael Redd all in NY within the next 2 years...why not make it all happen now rather than later...if you can...DO IT Knickerbockers...do it...
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:

Whats more interesting is that Phoenix is also shopping Amare...to NY perhaps? I envisioned him, Nash, and Michael Redd all in NY within the next 2 years...why not make it all happen now rather than later...if you can...DO IT Knickerbockers...do it...

I really doubt D'antoni wants to be reunited with Amare.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

He's worth far more than Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavolovic.

The Suns are dealing from a position of power. Shaq is an expiring contract. The Suns have no reason to trade him. They can simply let him play one more year and then he's off their books.

If the Cavs want him badly enough, they're going to have to give the Suns several first round picks. Because the Cavs have no young talent that the Suns would want.

And, besides, the "first round picks" the Cavs are going to be giving out will always be in the 28-30 range as long as Lebron is a Cavalier.

[ Edited by crzy on Jun 15, 2009 at 09:08:52 ]

The Suns are dealing from a position of power. Shaq is an expiring contract. The Suns have no reason to trade him. They can simply let him play one more year and then he's off their books.

1) They do not want to play with Shaq anymore

2) That's just the point. They can get a couple/few players for an expiring contract, maybe a pick or 2. Or let him walk after next year and get nothing. Seems pretty simple to me.
The Cavs are doing this, cuz they are trying to prove to Lechump that they are trying to build a championship team around him so he doesnt take off to New York, this will not work Shaq aint the same shaq
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

1) They do not want to play with Shaq anymore

2) That's just the point. They can get a couple/few players for an expiring contract, maybe a pick or 2. Or let him walk after next year and get nothing. Seems pretty simple to me.

1) I don't think that's true at all.

2) In the rumored trade (Ben Wallace (expiring)/Sasha(expiring) for Shaq(expiring)), the Suns are basically getting absolutely nothing. Which was my point. The Cavs need to add in extra first rounders to make it worthwhile for the Suns.

Ben Wallace and Sasha for Shaq is the Cavs getting Shaq for free.

Why would the Suns want to help the Cavs out?

[ Edited by crzy on Jun 15, 2009 at 09:40:41 ]
If Lebron gets Shaq, and wins the Championship, then sooner or later, Shaq will say something that points to himself as the reason for the championship where Lebron will be right back where Kobe was 7 years ago.

It's a lose lose for Lebron.
Originally posted by Joecool:
If Lebron gets Shaq, and wins the Championship, then sooner or later, Shaq will say something that points to himself as the reason for the championship where Lebron will be right back where Kobe was 7 years ago.

if lechump gets shaq, than he can say Hey lebron you couldnt win one before me

Originally posted by dobophile:

Winning a championship is not lose-lose.

Lebron could probably win a title easier with Gortat, Kendrick Perkins, and Rasheed Wallace ipo of big Z.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Not really.

Everyone on the face of the planet knows that Dwayne Wade was more responsible for leading the Heat to the 2006 NBA Finals than Shaq was.
Originally posted by valrod33:

You guys are forgetting that they would have to play their way through some decent teams to win it all. One of them being the MuthaEffing NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers. I don't think even this years Cavs with Shaq on the team could have done that.

You guys are forgetting that they would have to play their way through some decent teams to win it all. One of them being the MuthaEffing NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers. I don't think even this years Cavs with Shaq on the team could have done that.

Lebron will never win a title, Lebron=Dan Marino, they both made it to the championship game really early in their careers, and just like Dan Marino, everybody thinks Lebron is destined to go back, but he will let David Stern down

Lebron will never win a title, Lebron=Dan Marino, they both made it to the championship game really early in their careers, and just like Dan Marino, everybody thinks Lebron is destined to go back, but he will let David Stern down

I don't believe that nonsense. Give the guy some legitimate teammates and he could do it. He didn't even have a legit #2 this year, and look what they did. Shoot, he barely had a legit #3 guy.
Share 49ersWebzone