There are 183 users in the forums

Official San Jose Sharks Offseason Thread

• NickV
  • Veteran
State of the Union

Good read to catch up on the Sharkies.

DW says the overhaul would go on until the trade deadline. Patty and Joe have been removed from their C and A patches also.
This team is over the cap, Wilson has to do something.
Check out the new site. It looks fantastic. Very slick and sheik.

It looks way, way better. http://sharks.nhl.com/club/index.htm
read some where that heatley is talking to boyle really hard in team canada tryouts to try to talk to management into dealing for him. boyle can possibly be the captain this yr
Ehrhoff and Brad Lukowich traded to Canucks for nothing. http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/2009/08/28/nothing-yet-but-sharks-have-something-in-the-works-thats-about-to-break/

See what happens when you back yourself into a corner. You then have to make a salary dump and give away solid assets for nothing.
That's $4.95M cleared off the books for this season with very little in return. Let's see what they do with the available money...
Originally posted by Hopper:
Ehrhoff and Brad Lukowich traded to Canucks for nothing. http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/2009/08/28/nothing-yet-but-sharks-have-something-in-the-works-thats-about-to-break/

See what happens when you back yourself into a corner. You then have to make a salary dump and give away solid assets for nothing.

we traded a top 4 d-man (maybe our 3rd or 2nd best) for s**t

We still have cheechoo....

I would rather have had Dougie send Cheechoo down to the minors, where he wouldnt count against the cap

The only thing I can think of (and Hope for) is dougie kept cheech to move him in another deal.

Other wise this was a piece of s**t deal
Exactly I would rather have traded Cheechoo for nothing. At least we know he's declining, Ehrhoff on the other hand is still getting better.
This move may be a precursor to SJ acquiring Heatley.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

it better cuz were gonna need the offensive power since we traded ehrhoff for s**t

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

it better cuz were gonna need the offensive power since we traded ehrhoff for s**t

To make things a little better, Lukowich did nothing.............nothing last season.

Ehrhoff was so inconsistent. Which ultimately did him in. At times he looked awesome (ot goal at Oilers) Other times we would look like he was lost.

We get two young kids and more cap space. This team needed a change. So im not too upset.
Originally posted by NickV:

To make things a little better, Lukowich did nothing.............nothing last season.

Ehrhoff was so inconsistent. Which ultimately did him in. At times he looked awesome (ot goal at Oilers) Other times we would look like he was lost.

We get two young kids and more cap space. This team needed a change. So im not too upset.

the cap space is the only positive i see in this deal. the other 2 guys are busts in nucks fans eyes. they arent even their top prospects and white who was a fomer 1st rd pick hasnt done crap. ehrhoff was inconsistent but im sure we couldve gotten at least a 2nd rd pick for him and he was still a solid dman at the age of 26
Originally posted by NickV:

Well, as a Devils fan, I can attest to that. Lukowich isn't much of a difference maker.

Nothing more than a 3rd pairing defenseman. And a 1.5M cap hit is way too much for that type of player when you have cap problems and can fill that need with a cheaper player.

But I don't understand this deal, if another deal isn't coming. I've been impressed by Ehrhoff, in the little amount that I have seen him.

Vancouver really upgraded their D by adding him and then signing Schneider.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Aug 28, 2009 at 11:28 PM ]
http://www.capgeek.com/

mitchell 3 years at about 4 mill

. A story by Steve Simmons of Sun Media centered on Wilson’s feelings about the Sharks after the Ducks bounced them in the first round of the playoffs. The former Sharks coach was quoted as saying, “I can't say I was rooting against them, although there was a part of me that was. To be perfectly honest with you, though, I did feel good when they failed miserably in the playoffs. You work with players for so long you want them to succeed, so I was disappointed for some of the guys, the guys I really liked.

wow
Share 49erswebzone