LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

Being reported by the Sac Bee that Westphal will be named the Kings next HC.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Hey guys, I'm going to be contributing to www.draftwatchers.com (AB83Rules' site) in the NBA Section. I just did a write-up on the Kings, encompassing my thoughts on the past season, what they need, and what I think they'll do in the Draft & Free Agency.

Please give it a read and let me know what you think. LINK

Just for another plug for AB's site, I'm also contributing articles leading up to the draft (have one up about Harden).

As for today's news, I'm not gonna sit here and say Westphal is the sexiest choice for head coach, but to me, he was the best candidate we interviewed. I think he'll work well (similarly to Adelman) with our front office.
Definitely not sexy, but probably just as qualified, if not more so, than anyone else on the short list. A lot of similarities to Adelman as far as his pre-Kings coaching history. Hope it works out as well. I've heard rumors that he's interested in Mario Elie and Terry Porter as assistants which would be a pretty strong crew in my opinion.
Rambis said no.
Rambis said no.

They either didn't believe he would come, or they didn't like him all that much more than Westphal. I say that only because he already said he wanted to wait until after the finals to make a decision, and if you knew that and you really wanted him then you wait until after the finals. Unless of course you don't really believe he'll take your offer.
Originally posted by Super9er81:
Rambis said no.

They either didn't believe he would come, or they didn't like him all that much more than Westphal. I say that only because he already said he wanted to wait until after the finals to make a decision, and if you knew that and you really wanted him then you wait until after the finals. Unless of course you don't really believe he'll take your offer.

If they didn't wan him...why would they offer him the job at all, especially before they offered it to Westphal?
Rambis said no.

If they didn't wan him...why would they offer him the job at all, especially before they offered it to Westphal?

They didn't offer Rambis the job. Petrie came out today and clearly stated that. Sam Amick (who is a great beat writer and has been following the coaching search Maiocco style) also reported in his blog that they didn't offer Rambis the job. Just asked him how much longer/what would he need, and his agent replied with a non-answer just saying they needed more time. So the Kings went with someone who actually wanted the job. The Marc Stein story is more than likely just Lakers spin.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This is Rambis to the kings.

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Rambis said no.

They didn't offer Rambis the job. Petrie came out today and clearly stated that. Sam Amick (who is a great beat writer and has been following the coaching search Maiocco style) also reported in his blog that they didn't offer Rambis the job. Just asked him how much longer/what would he need, and his agent replied with a non-answer just saying they needed more time. So the Kings went with someone who actually wanted the job. The Marc Stein story is more than likely just Lakers spin.

Sam Amick's a great beat writer?
Rambis said no.

I'd trust he knows more about the Kings and has better Kings sources than Marc Stein who was in Orlando. Don't know what your definition of a great beat writer is. But he regularly updates his blog with as much insider information as he can get and seems to constantly be looking for more info. Good enough for me.

Rambis said no.

I'd trust he knows more about the Kings and has better Kings sources than Marc Stein who was in Orlando. Don't know what your definition of a great beat writer is. But he regularly updates his blog with as much insider information as he can get and seems to constantly be looking for more info. Good enough for me.

Fair enough. I've always considered him to be a "throw enough crap against the wall to see what sticks" kinda guy. But you probably read him more than I do.
Who is this Westphal dweeb?
Rambis said no.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/story/1937020.html

I can see how it would be understood that Rambis had an offer on the table, and I believed the ESPN story before reading this. Apparently he was never actually offered the job. It does look like he removed his name from consideration before they offered Westphal the position which would still make me wonder if they did like him (Rambis) a little more.
ESPN Insider threw out this rumor today:

Rondo for #4 and Thompson or Hawes.

I'd probably eat my shoe if that happened.

I'm cool at #4. Trade down maybe. But don't wanna move up if it costs us JT or Spencer.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
ESPN Insider threw out this rumor today:

Rondo for #4 and Thompson or Hawes.

I'd probably eat my shoe if that happened.

I'm cool at #4. Trade down maybe. But don't wanna move up if it costs us JT or Spencer.

Agreed. I'm fine staying with the #4. If you want the number 4 and one of our bigs, you're gonna have to blow us away with your offer. Of course I'm not GP so who really knows what will happen, but thats the way that I see it.
Share 49ersWebzone