LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

Jamison at the 4 spot?

Course that's if they don't try to deal him in the offseason as I've heard rumors they could be doing so or at least listening to the trade winds regarding him.
Wrong thread, sorry about that.

As for Westphal, how long away has he been away from being an actual NBA head coach, a decade and a half since his last stint with PHX?
Originally posted by ninerpride:
Wrong thread, sorry about that.

As for Westphal, how long away has he been away from being an actual NBA head coach, a decade and a half since his last stint with PHX?

Last year with Phoenix was 95-96. But he was in the playoffs with Seattle in 2000.
Kings workout schedule - link

THURSDAY - June 4
Jeff Adrien
Omri Casspi
Darren Collison
Robert Dozier
Tyrese Rice
Greivis Vasquez

FRIDAY - June 5
Earl Clark
James Johnson
Levance Fields
Marcus Landry
Leo Lyons
Dionte Christmas

SATURDAY - June 6
DeJuan Blair
Josh Heytvelt
Jerel McNeal
Tyler Smith
Marcus Thornton
Robert Vaden

MONDAY - June 8
Nick Calathes
DeMarre Carroll
Wayne Ellington
Damion James
AJ Price
Terrence Williams

TUESDAY - June 9
Tyreke Evans

WEDNESDAY - June 10
James Harden
Some Kings fan on 1140 just called in and said he wouldn't mind bringing in Rambis as the HC and then drafting Hansbrough with their 2nd first rounder?

Basically said he'd worked with with a big passing man in Hawes and Kings fans would recognize a big college name like Hansborgh who would be almost like a Rambis type which would be a good role playing big man off the bench.

Anybody on board with that?
Originally posted by ninerpride:
Some Kings fan on 1140 just called in and said he wouldn't mind bringing in Rambis as the HC and then drafting Hansbrough with their 2nd first rounder?

Basically said he'd worked with with a big passing man in Hawes and Kings fans would recognize a big college name like Hansborgh who would be almost like a Rambis type which would be a good role playing big man off the bench.

Anybody on board with that?

I'm still higher on Westphal than Rambis.

As far as Hansbrough, I've got nothing against him really, but I think we can do better at 23. I'd rather go with a little more potential there. At 31, however, I'd be all for it. Not sure if he'll last that long.
From HoopsWorld.com

"Rubio And The Kings?: It seems the Kings might end up with their man after all, word is the Kings are working on a deal with Memphis to land Ricky Rubio at #2, league sources say a lot is still up in the air and a deal is far from done, but should the two teams make a deal it is not going to include Jason Thompson as some have speculated. Any deal between the Kings and Grizzlies might include future draft picks but unlikely will include a roster player of subtsance. League sources contend that Memphis really does not have a lot of leverage in this situation as Rubio will not play for the Grizzlies. The Kings are willing to deal for Rubio and unless Oklahoma City gets in the mix, moving down to #4 still fits Memphis' game plan. The Kings are preparing a contingent plan that could include grabbing Jordan Hill at #4, which would be a solid "win-now" move if the Grizzlies hold out for more compensation."

I'd have to see the deal, but I'm not that interested in moving up and losing future picks. And I hope Jordan Hill isn't the contingency plan.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
From HoopsWorld.com

"Rubio And The Kings?: It seems the Kings might end up with their man after all, word is the Kings are working on a deal with Memphis to land Ricky Rubio at #2, league sources say a lot is still up in the air and a deal is far from done, but should the two teams make a deal it is not going to include Jason Thompson as some have speculated. Any deal between the Kings and Grizzlies might include future draft picks but unlikely will include a roster player of subtsance. League sources contend that Memphis really does not have a lot of leverage in this situation as Rubio will not play for the Grizzlies. The Kings are willing to deal for Rubio and unless Oklahoma City gets in the mix, moving down to #4 still fits Memphis' game plan. The Kings are preparing a contingent plan that could include grabbing Jordan Hill at #4, which would be a solid "win-now" move if the Grizzlies hold out for more compensation."

I'd have to see the deal, but I'm not that interested in moving up and losing future picks. And I hope Jordan Hill isn't the contingency plan.

Why is everyone so high on this guy? Did he bulk up 20 lbs since March? He's a mid 1st-rounder to me, at best.
Yeah I'm with you. I'm not that high on him to begin with, not to mention we've already got starters at the 4 and 5.

Griffin was the only big I would have considered with our first pick. Now I think we've got to think a PG or SF.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Yeah I'm with you. I'm not that high on him to begin with, not to mention we've already got starters at the 4 and 5.

Griffin was the only big I would have considered with our first pick. Now I think we've got to think a PG or SF.

Rumors are just that, Rumors, until there is some credibility to them. A lot of rumors were going around that we loved Flynn. I agree PG is our biggest need and SF is our 2nd largest. Personally, I'd rather Flynn to Rubio because I think he's more dynamic and creates bigger mismatches.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
More and more scouts and analysts are saying Rubio will be there at 4.
Originally posted by crzy:
More and more scouts and analysts are saying Rubio will be there at 4.

I think this hinges on if Memphis can trade the pick or not. If they do I could definitely see Rubio falling to 4. I think they will try and move out of that pick to either move down or get a PF or both if they can. After Harden's showing at the pre-draft camp I'd say he answered the questions regarding his athleticism which will make him even more appealing to OKC, they might have a hard time choosing between him and Thabeet.
Hey guys, I'm going to be contributing to www.draftwatchers.com (AB83Rules' site) in the NBA Section. I just did a write-up on the Kings, encompassing my thoughts on the past season, what they need, and what I think they'll do in the Draft & Free Agency.

Please give it a read and let me know what you think. LINK
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Hey guys, I'm going to be contributing to www.draftwatchers.com (AB83Rules' site) in the NBA Section. I just did a write-up on the Kings, encompassing my thoughts on the past season, what they need, and what I think they'll do in the Draft & Free Agency.

Pretty good. I think if Rubio isn't around at 4 the Kings will also consider Flynn and Jennings. My gut is telling me Jrue or Flynn would be the pick. Geoff doesn't give a flip if people call it a reach he is taking the player he thinks is the best, end of story. Jrue has a lot of length and could bring defense to the PG position. Evans or Jennings would be on the second tier of possibilities I think.

In FA if the Kings decide to make some moves I think they look hard at Ariza, Gortat, and Anderson.

You should read sactownroyalty.com Pete. It is a really good fansite and I think you would really like Ziller. He has a lot of bball knowledge. Check out his box stat thingy he posted about today.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Pretty good. I think if Rubio isn't around at 4 the Kings will also consider Flynn and Jennings. My gut is telling me Jrue or Flynn would be the pick. Geoff doesn't give a flip if people call it a reach he is taking the player he thinks is the best, end of story. Jrue has a lot of length and could bring defense to the PG position. Evans or Jennings would be on the second tier of possibilities I think.

In FA if the Kings decide to make some moves I think they look hard at Ariza, Gortat, and Anderson.

You should read sactownroyalty.com Pete. It is a really good fansite and I think you would really like Ziller. He has a lot of bball knowledge. Check out his box stat thingy he posted about today.

Sweet, thank you for the heads up. The way we're working it right now is more focused on the draft/player profiles/mocks, and I'm taking the perspective of team needs and their direction as it relates to player movement. As a result, I need to improving my knowledge of the "pulse" of a franchise, so referring me to that Ziller guy is appreciated. IMO, intelligent, die hard fans are a good source of knowledge.

I think that Gortat's going to be looking to start, and I think that Hawes has control of that spot for the Kings at this point.

On the PG front, my only concern with Flynn is that they haven't worked him out yet, although they may get around to it. Interesting to hear that you think that he and Jrue would be in the first tier with Evans and Jennings on the second. For most teams, I think it would be exactly the opposite.

But like you said, Petrie doesn't give a damn, and he's earned that right.
Share 49ersWebzone