There are 168 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

Originally posted by marshniners24:
If the kings drafted rubio would he go straight to the nba or develop more over in the international league, like most international players.

He has a manageable buyout. He'd be coming to the league.
Obama talks to the Maloofs about draft prospects:

"He liked Blake Griffin, of course; (Hasheem) Thabeet from Connecticut and he loved the kid from Memphis -- Tyreke Evans," Maloof added.

link
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
If the kings drafted rubio would he go straight to the nba or develop more over in the international league, like most international players.

He has a manageable buyout. He'd be coming to the league.

sweet thanks
Obama talks to the Maloofs about draft prospects:

"He liked Blake Griffin, of course; (Hasheem) Thabeet from Connecticut and he loved the kid from Memphis -- Tyreke Evans," Maloof added.

link

I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but how sweet would it be if we could have the president of the US at a kings game with a kings hat on? Not saying it'd happen, but if it did it'd be cool.
I don't know if Obama and the Maloofs are close but even if they did invite him to a Kings and most likely Bulls game, I'm pretty sure he'll be wearing a Bulls cap at the game.

Seems as he's a pretty loyal Chicagoan sports fan.
Looks like Jordan is no longer available (not that he was a great coaching candidate as it is) . Who is your top 3 choices? Mine, Scott if we could get him out of NO. second, Van gundy and 3rd Avery Johnson who I don't think was given a fair shot as HC
Don't be surprised if Kurt Rambis is your next coach.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I've heard that he could be a possibility.

What do you think of him as a coach?
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

I don't care for him as a coach. He's our de facto "defensive coordinator", and I don't think he adjusts well. He also had a stint as the Laker coach on an interim basis, and I don't think he handled it well. I wouldn't be disappointed if he left.

That being said...there's only so much you can glean from an assistant coach when you're not at practice.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 30, 2009 at 17:38:54 ]
Was listening to Napier on 1140 FRI when the news broke about Jordan going to PHI and he basically said the next SAC coach could be another Musselman where he'll be a transitional coach I guess help coaching up the young roster but maybe whenever the roster is ready to make a playoff run 2-3 years from now, they'll then hire a more established coach like they did back when they hired Adelman when they made the long run of playoff appearances back around a decade ago.

Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

I don't care for him as a coach. He's our de facto "defensive coordinator", and I don't think he adjusts well. He also had a stint as the Laker coach on an interim basis, and I don't think he handled it well. I wouldn't be disappointed if he left.

That being said...there's only so much you can glean from an assistant coach when you're not at practice.

yeah i remember him as a interim coach for you guys but i didn't remember how he fared.

The Kings really need to get this coaching decision right. We really need someone that will develop our younger guys and hopefully bring some defense and chemistry to this team. Of course a lot of that depends on the players as well but a good coach could go a long way in putting this team in the right direction.
Of the guys interviewed or scheduled to interview, this is my preference:

1. Paul Westphal
2. Tom Thibodeau
3. Kurt Rambis

I have very little interest in Rambis as our head coach. I still think we'll see more interviews.
Of the guys interviewed or scheduled to interview, this is my preference:

1. Paul Westphal
2. Tom Thibodeau
3. Kurt Rambis

I have very little interest in Rambis as our head coach. I still think we'll see more interviews.

Westphal over Thibodeau?!?!?
Sam Amick is saying that Westphal is in the lead by a lot.
Westphal reminds me of an Adelman-type and that's what Petrie likes. Like Danny Ainge said in the Bee today, they both don't overreact or panic. He's also had quite a bit of success in the past.

Someone told me that in the paper somebody said Jerry Reynolds should be coach. I said, "Man, those letters to the editor are always ridiculous." Then I found out that it was the idea of Ailene Voisin, one of the Bee's Kings reporters. No.
Share 49ersWebzone