LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

Originally posted by Super9er81:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Spencer is going to play, he's just not with the team for practices yet. Supposed to join the team for Friday's game. Casspi is waiting on some sort of approval from FIBA before he can start practicing but he's there. Everyone else is playing...

I guess Evans had a few gems in the 2nd practice on Wednesday.

The Casspi thing was supposedly worked out today so thats good news. I understood that Spencer wasn't playing at all. Guess its good that he is. I didn't really care one way or the other, but Petrie didn't seem too happy that he wasn't.

This Bryant guy from Santa Clara on the SL team looks huge. Anyone down in that area seen much of him? I saw a couple highlight clips where he showed a nice up and under move. Thats pretty much all they showed so beyond that I haven't seen much.

Yeah, Casspi was practicing and lifting weights today, so that's good. It sounded like Spencer was a little iffy to play, but I think they said he's gonna be there this weekend. He's got a couple years under his belt so I think his participation isn't as necessary.

I also thought it was cool that Kevin Martin is there, working out with the guys and doing his weight routine with Shapiro.
Lost to the Pistons today, 86-77.

Tyreke Evans: 15 points (4-10 FG, 7-10 FT), 4 reb, 2 ast
Jason Thompson: 15 pts (4-9 FG, 7-8 FT)
Jon Brockman: 8 rebounds
Donte Greene: 11 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks

Full Box Score
I don't know what we could offer, but Carlos Boozer seems like the kind of guy Geoff Petrie might target -- a legitimate front court stud whose value is lower than normal. 27 years old.

He did a similar thing with acquiring Chris Webber from Washington.

Knowing the Jazz's hand is forced (they seem like they have to move him) and not really seeing too many legit offers out there, I'd be curious to see what it would take from our perspective. If Thompson/Hawes/Martin/Evans was involved, I'd obviously hesitate. Wouldn't be opposed to dealing Kenny Thomas' expiring with some combo of Donte Greene/Omri Casspi/Andres Nocioni/future protected picks, but I really have no idea if that would be enough to get it done.
I don't know what we could offer, but Carlos Boozer seems like the kind of guy Geoff Petrie might target -- a legitimate front court stud whose value is lower than normal. 27 years old.

Knowing the Jazz's hand is forced (they seem like they have to move him) and not really seeing too many legit offers out there, I'd be curious to see what it would take from our perspective. If Thompson/Hawes/Martin/Evans was involved, I'd obviously hesitate. Wouldn't be opposed to dealing Kenny Thomas' expiring with some combo of Donte Greene/Omri Casspi/Andres Nocioni/future protected picks, but I really have no idea if that would be enough to get it done.

noooooo

what we need is a shot blocker
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

noooooo

what we need is a shot blocker

We need talent. I wouldn't pass on Boozer just because he doesn't block shots.
Gavin Maloof says Tyreke Evans will "definitely start." Westphal agrees, says Evans will start as soon as he steps on the court.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Gavin Maloof says Tyreke Evans will "definitely start." Westphal agrees, says Evans will start as soon as he steps on the court.

ROY
give me this lineup

1) Evans
2) Martin
3) Greene
4) Thompson
5) Hawes

4-6 years of chemistry and tweaking of the bench, we will contend for the west. BANK IT!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
give me this lineup

1) Evans
2) Martin
3) Greene
4) Thompson
5) Hawes

4-6 years of chemistry and tweaking of the bench, we will contend for the west. BANK IT!

Cisco >>> Greene

Greene isn't good enough to start
Apparently the Kings have signed Sean May to a 1 yr. league minimum deal. It doesn't really bother me unless thats all they do. The Kings need a defensive minded center to play behind Hawes who is actually worthy of minutes. I don't know if there is a FA who fills that need, so it might have to be done via trade. Do the Kings have what it takes to find a player like that without giving up part of their future?

Apparently the Kings have signed Sean May to a 1 yr. league minimum deal. It doesn't really bother me unless thats all they do. The Kings need a defensive minded center to play behind Hawes who is actually worthy of minutes. I don't know if there is a FA who fills that need, so it might have to be done via trade. Do the Kings have what it takes to find a player like that without giving up part of their future?

Apparently May's lost a lot of weight. Good, low risk move.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

You wouldn't be concerned about his health. He's had a few surgeries on his knees (apparently one of them) which includes microfracture. 1 year deals for the min never bother me, but starting to wonder about the Kings FO's ability find and keep bigs who primarily play defense and rebound.

You wouldn't be concerned about his health. He's had a few surgeries on his knees (apparently one of them) which includes microfracture. 1 year deals for the min never bother me, but starting to wonder about the Kings FO's ability find and keep bigs who primarily play defense and rebound.

Sure, I'm concerned about his health, but not at that price. If he doesn't pan out, you haven't lost anything. Rebuilding the Kings is gonna be a process, and I think you're on the right track with the last 3 drafts. With Evans, you guys are gonna shoot a ton of free throws, which is an underrated quality for a team to have.

You guys are on the right track so far, IMO.

Sure, I'm concerned about his health, but not at that price. If he doesn't pan out, you haven't lost anything. Rebuilding the Kings is gonna be a process, and I think you're on the right track with the last 3 drafts. With Evans, you guys are gonna shoot a ton of free throws, which is an underrated quality for a team to have.

You guys are on the right track so far, IMO.

I agree. I don't think its a bad signing. Can't say I'm holding any hope that we get anything from May, but at the min it would really be a major plus if we did so no harm done.

Agree on the rebuild as far as talent level goes. I think we've done well to add talent, now I want some interior defense/rebounding. Might have to wait until next year to add that though.
thanks la. may has talent but he just needs to keep the weight off and stay healthy. id still love to see us sign a long defensive center like ryan hollins though.
Share 49ersWebzone