LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 320 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

Flynn...is so f**kin amazing...if you guys draft him...Ill have to cheer for at least Flynn to succeed in the filth that is Sacto...lol
Originally posted by GameOver:
Flynn...is so f**kin amazing...if you guys draft him...Ill have to cheer for at least Flynn to succeed in the filth that is Sacto...lol

I think Evans has a higher upside so I'd probably prefer him a little as a Kings fan, but Flynn wouldn't bother me at all. I love his leadership and how he does so many things well. I haven't watched him much so when I saw his numbers from the pre-draft camp I was very impressed. He is a superb athlete and for me that knocks out any lack of size (which I think is overstated).
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Flynn is amazing, but Evans is better.
Originally posted by Super9er81:

I think Evans has a higher upside so I'd probably prefer him a little as a Kings fan, but Flynn wouldn't bother me at all. I love his leadership and how he does so many things well. I haven't watched him much so when I saw his numbers from the pre-draft camp I was very impressed. He is a superb athlete and for me that knocks out any lack of size (which I think is overstated).

Yeah, I agree, although I havent seen much of Evans as far as gameplay goes, Ive seen and heard of his workouts and etc, but those memphis boys dont win me over really...
From DraftExpress.com

"Sacramento has reportedly offered Detroit the #23 and #31 picks in exchange for the #15. The Kings may target DeJuan Blair at 15 if he’s available, while the Pistons like Toney Douglas and possibly DaJuan Summers."

This is something I thought we'd consider, packaging those back-end picks to move up. If we land Flynn/Evans and Blair, that'd be a great haul.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Yeah, I agree, although I havent seen much of Evans as far as gameplay goes, Ive seen and heard of his workouts and etc, but those memphis boys dont win me over really...

Not even Derrick Rose?

Penny Hardaway?
I thought the Kings were gonna bring back Diogu who played well down the stretch the last few weeks of the season for them.

Be sort of adding a similar type player with Blair who also has knee issues.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerpride:
I thought the Kings were gonna bring back Diogu who played well down the stretch the last few weeks of the season for them.

Be sort of adding a similar type player with Blair who also has knee issues.

Blair is better than Diogu. I think Blair is going to be a decent post defender, even if he can't guard the pick and roll very well.

[ Edited by crzy on Jun 24, 2009 at 22:41:23 ]
Originally posted by crzy:

Not even Derrick Rose?

Penny Hardaway?

Penny was such an overrated worthless piece of s**t...he wasnt an amazing scorer which i feel is what he has left as is like forte as an NBA player now that ppl look back at his career...although you could say if it wasnt for the injuries he had that he coulda proven himself even moreso to me and maybe make my mouth stfu...oh, and how could i forget an opportunity to say this...Mr. Penny...well..."he had Shaq..."

Derrick...lol, hes a stud, but hes gotta get thru his sophomore year...
Originally posted by SacRock14:
From DraftExpress.com

"Sacramento has reportedly offered Detroit the #23 and #31 picks in exchange for the #15. The Kings may target DeJuan Blair at 15 if he’s available, while the Pistons like Toney Douglas and possibly DaJuan Summers."

This is something I thought we'd consider, packaging those back-end picks to move up. If we land Flynn/Evans and Blair, that'd be a great haul.

Thats interesting, though not completely surprising. I'm surprised that their interest is Blair, just doesn't seem like a Kings type player. So what do you draft experts think about him? At 15 I'd be thinking we would target a SF assuming we pick up a PG at #4. Although if Evans is the pick it wouldn't bother me to pick up another true PG since I don't know that Evans really is.

DraftExpress.com

"We're hearing that Sacramento and Portland are closing in on a deal that would send Sergio Rodriguez and the #38 pick to Sacramento for #31."
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
You guys just stole Sergio Rodriguez. That guy has loads of talent.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
DraftExpress.com

"We're hearing that Sacramento and Portland are closing in on a deal that would send Sergio Rodriguez and the #38 pick to Sacramento for #31."

Good deal for us, especially if Rubio comes here.
Have to see how it shakes out tonight. Assuming we draft a PG, that gives us 3: Beno, Rodriguez, draftee. Not knockin' it, just waiting to see.

EDIT: SacBee is also reporting the deal now. Only says Rodriguez for 31, no other pieces mentioned.

[ Edited by SacRock14 on Jun 25, 2009 at 16:14:24 ]
still crossing my fingers for rubio but i think oklahoma taking him at 3;;;;;;;;;;
Share 49ersWebzone