There are 156 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i want rubio soooo bad;;; i say we do whatever it takes to trade up to 2 to get him >

he cant shoot
i say we get turk back too, i think he can opt out of his contract.

According to his agent he's planning on opting out. And I would love to see Hedo back in a Kings uniform, but I doubt its realistic. 1st he's shooting for about $10million per year which I'm not sure the Maloofs are ready to hand out, and I also wonder if at age 30 he'd be wasting his best years on a rebuilding effort here in Sac. I don't know if either of those are true, but I would love to have a Hedo type of player manning the SF position.
Originally posted by Super9er81:
i say we get turk back too, i think he can opt out of his contract.

According to his agent he's planning on opting out. And I would love to see Hedo back in a Kings uniform, but I doubt its realistic. 1st he's shooting for about $10million per year which I'm not sure the Maloofs are ready to hand out, and I also wonder if at age 30 he'd be wasting his best years on a rebuilding effort here in Sac. I don't know if either of those are true, but I would love to have a Hedo type of player manning the SF position.

I would love Hedo back in Sacramento if he was 4 years younger. It just wouldn't make much sense like you said to spend that much money on a guy on a young rebuilding team like ours. It wouldn't make sense for him as well in the latter part of his prime.
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
i want rubio soooo bad;;; i say we do whatever it takes to trade up to 2 to get him >

he cant shoot

He will improve his shot... much like Tony Parker has done. We need a creator, play maker extremly bad. He has the potential to be that guy. He can make everyone else better, like Chris Paul does... also, I have read his mid range game is decent but needs to work on his three point shooting. I love guys who have a mid range game...
The shooter concept makes me wonder why there hasn't been much talk about Stephen Curry at #4. I know he's coming in this weekend for a workout, and I know Petrie likes shooters. Just another candidate to consider.
Today will probably be a big day at ARCO. Huge workout.

Stephen Curry, Jonny Flynn, Tyreke Evans, plus Patty Mills and Toney Douglas.

Supposedly there is no consensus among the management team. Petrie makes the final call obviously, but I guess everyone is spread out.

Maybe today's workout sways the opinion.
From Chad Ford:

The Kings had a great workout in Sacramento on Sunday, with Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry, Jonny Flynn and Nick Calathes taking part. And from what I can gather, Sunday might end up being the day Ricky Rubio lost his chance to get drafted by the Kings if he's still available at No. 4.

Several people in the Kings' front office already doubted Rubio was the right fit, so it didn't help that he wasn't there to duke it out with the other top prospects. It's hard to make the case for Rubio when he's not at a workout.

Meanwhile, it was the second Sacto workout for Flynn and Evans.

Flynn was at the top of the Kings' board coming into the workout, but Evans emerged at the top. His physicality was just too much for Flynn, Curry and Calathes to handle.

As one Kings scout said, "It was a man beating up boys."
To bd honest I think Rubio is overrated amd i dont realy want him. Honestly I think flynn and evans will be better players. But according to Amick Rubio is going to work out in sac today. I hope chad ford is right.
I wonder how much of that report about the Kings not being all that high on Rubio is a smokescreen; either for the rest of the league or so the fans don't riot when he doesn't end up in Sac.

I'm not attached to Rubio as a fan but I wouldn't be bothered if he was the pick. I'm interested to know what they do if Thabeet falls to 4. I mean he is the anti Petrie pick but he would provide something that the Kings sorely lack and have lacked for a while. A small part of me would like to see that pick just to know that the FO isn't allergic to bigs whose primary skills are not passing and shooting.
From DraftExpress.com

"-Indications we’re receiving are that Sacramento appears to be leaning towards drafting Jonny Flynn, even in the scenario that Oklahoma City decides to pass on Ricky Rubio. The wildcard here are the team owners, the Maloofs, who are extremely high on the Spanish point guard and could decide to assert their own will and make the front office pick Rubio. "

Obviously, nobody knows what Petrie is going to do, just like every other year. At this point it seems like it could be Rubio, Evans, Flynn or Curry.

Originally posted by SacRock14:
From DraftExpress.com

"-Indications we’re receiving are that Sacramento appears to be leaning towards drafting Jonny Flynn, even in the scenario that Oklahoma City decides to pass on Ricky Rubio. The wildcard here are the team owners, the Maloofs, who are extremely high on the Spanish point guard and could decide to assert their own will and make the front office pick Rubio. "

Obviously, nobody knows what Petrie is going to do, just like every other year. At this point it seems like it could be Rubio, Evans, Flynn or Curry.

I'd prefer Evans or Flynn
From DraftExpress.com

Flynn is already a former teamate of Donte Green
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
From DraftExpress.com "-Indications we’re receiving are that Sacramento appears to be leaning towards drafting Jonny Flynn, even in the scenario that Oklahoma City decides to pass on Ricky Rubio. The wildcard here are the team owners, the Maloofs, who are extremely high on the Spanish point guard and could decide to assert their own will and make the front office pick Rubio. " Obviously, nobody knows what Petrie is going to do, just like every other year. At this point it seems like it could be Rubio, Evans, Flynn or Curry.
I'd prefer Evans or Flynn

same here. flynn is my favorite but im real high on evans too.
And I'll make it a consensus - I'd love to have Evans or Flynn. And I won't be disappointed if Rubio fell to us. It should be a good day for us tomorrow.
kings suck!
Share 49ersWebzone