2009 Golden State Warriors Off-Season Thread

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:
Corey Maggette will be the sixth man.

Obvious

Quote:
If Curry starts, Ellis plays the 2

Not gonna happen. More likely, Curry will see erratic minutes since Nellie loves playing mind games with rookies. I would be absolutely shocked if Curry plays 25 minutes per game, let alone win rookie of the year.

Quote:
If Azubuike starts, Ellis plays point and Jackson plays the 2

This will happen until injury.

Quote:
If Morrow starts, Ellis plays point and Jackson plays 3

This should be our starting lineup, but it won't be because Nellie will likely start Buike.

Quote:
If Wright starts, Randolph moves to the 3 and Jackson plays the 2.

Brandan Wright is completely irrelevant until he actually packs on sufficient muscle. It's ridiculous how Randolph came into the league even lankier and skinnier than Brandan and now looks relatively built, while Wright still looks like 6-10 Ally McBeal.

I'm so disappointed in Wright, who has way better natural offensive skills than Randolph but doesn't have the same fire, tenacity, or heart. If he actually delivers on his potential, the Warriors future would look much brighter.
Originally posted by crzy:
Quote:

Obvious

Quote:

Not gonna happen. More likely, Curry will see erratic minutes since Nellie loves playing mind games with rookies. I would be absolutely shocked if Curry plays 25 minutes per game, let alone win rookie of the year.

Quote:

Quote:

This should be our starting lineup, but it won't be because Nellie will likely start Buike.

Quote:

Brandan Wright is completely irrelevant until he actually packs on sufficient muscle. It's ridiculous how Randolph came into the league even lankier and skinnier than Brandan and now looks relatively built, while Wright still looks like 6-10 Ally McBeal.

I'm so disappointed in Wright, who has way better natural offensive skills than Randolph but doesn't have the same fire, tenacity, or heart. If he actually delivers on his potential, the Warriors future would look much brighter.

agreed on every count
Originally posted by Conejo:
Quote:

Obvious

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

agreed on every count

agreed on every count
According to the New York Post, Don Nelson has been in discussion with the Knicks in trading Stephen Jackson. That would be awesome.
From ESPN:

Quote:
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Stephen Jackson still would like to be traded from the Golden State Warriors and doesn't regret his comments saying he would like to be dealt.

Jackson
Jackson

On Monday, he even went as far as to say he regrets nothing in his career, speaking specifically about going into the stands with then-Indiana teammate Ron Artest during an ugly brawl with the Detroit Pistons in 2004.

Jackson unloaded his frustrations with the franchise during media day Monday, reiterating public comments he made last month that he wants out so he has a more realistic chance at getting to the playoffs.

Jackson said he is unhappy with the team's decline since reaching the second round of the 2007 playoffs to end a 13-year postseason drought.

The Warriors' leading scorer and top defensive player was fined $25,000 by the NBA earlier this month for saying so.

Then WHY THE f**k would you request for a contract extension?!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Monta doesn't want to play in the backcourt with Curry. It's too bad the economy stinks, Jackson and Monta need to be traded.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
From ESPN:

Quote:
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Stephen Jackson still would like to be traded from the Golden State Warriors and doesn't regret his comments saying he would like to be dealt.

Jackson
Jackson

On Monday, he even went as far as to say he regrets nothing in his career, speaking specifically about going into the stands with then-Indiana teammate Ron Artest during an ugly brawl with the Detroit Pistons in 2004.

Jackson unloaded his frustrations with the franchise during media day Monday, reiterating public comments he made last month that he wants out so he has a more realistic chance at getting to the playoffs.

Jackson said he is unhappy with the team's decline since reaching the second round of the 2007 playoffs to end a 13-year postseason drought.

The Warriors' leading scorer and top defensive player was fined $25,000 by the NBA earlier this month for saying so.

Then WHY THE f**k would you request for a contract extension?!

Because only 1 or 2 other franchises in the league would be dumb enough to give Stephen Jackson $30M in guaranteed money.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:
Monta doesn't want to play in the backcourt with Curry. It's too bad the economy stinks, Jackson and Monta need to be traded.

I don't mind trading Monta or Jack, but I don't think Curry is going to be a long-term solution in our backcourt.

Trading Monta and Jack would give us a shot at John Wall though, so I'm all for it.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:
Monta Ellis does not believe he can share the floor with Stephen Curry.

"Us together? No," Ellis said. "Can't. We just can't. ... Just can't."

Ellis was then asked by a member of the media if he understands that the Warriors (particularly Don Nelson and Larry Riley) do believe the guards can play together.

"They say you can?" Ellis repeated. "They say you can ... but you can't. I just want to win and you're not going to win that way."

This is going to be an entertaining season
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM ]
Quote:

Ellis was then asked by a member of the media if he understands that the Warriors (particularly Don Nelson and Larry Riley) do believe the guards can play together.

"They say you can?" Ellis repeated. "They say you can ... but you can't. I just want to win and you're not going to win that way."

It is true though. Having them both in the backcourt is defensive suicide.

I hope they don't trade Monta though

Quote:

Somewhere in Maui, Nellie is ROTF at this Tay's statement. "Yeah...O..K"

(we are fcukin cursed )
Holy crap. That's pretty much the worst Media Day I've ever heard of. I don't even think things were that toxic when Kobe wanted to be traded.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
This horrible offseason is over

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=130660&page=1#post2
Share 49ersWebzone