There are 181 users in the forums

2009 Golden State Warriors Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by crzy:
I tried being a homer for a couple pages, but that failed miserably. I was just lying to myself.

Now I'm going to try general apathy.

Damon Bruce said it best.

You should be a fan of this team, but you shouldn't be emotionally invested in this team, because they will break your heart every time.

Crzy, you have 753 posts out of the 2,769 in this Off-Season thread. You, my friend, are emotionally invested. I know, 'cause I am a recovering emotional investor. Our WFA (Warrior Fans Anonymous) meetings are every Tuesday evening behind a dimly lit Walgreen's parking lot in San Lorenzo. I usually bring fresh broken cookies from the nearby Entenmann's wholesale bakery. You can bring napkins.

This organization sucks. What's actually funny is that the front office keeps calling wanting me to waste money on season tickets. I told em if SJ wants out, doesn't say much for our future. That shut him up.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 7, 2009 at 16:49:31 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dobophile:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/The-top-10-second-round-picks-of-the-last-decade?urn=nba,187610

Uh . . . I guess they're not counting the '99 Draft.

"The top 10 picks of the last decade"
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dobophile:
^ Well, '99 was 10 years ago . . . you know, a decade . . . but I guess they meant the last 10 drafts, inclusive of 2009. Which is stupid, because how can you possibly grade the draftees of 2009?

Top 30 from 2000-2007

1) Gilbert Arenas
2) Carlos Boozer
3) Michael Redd
4) Monta Ellis
5) Mo Williams (glaring omission)
6) Paul Millsap
7) Luis Scola
8) Anderson Varejao
9) Trevor Ariza
10) Marc Gasol
11) Carl Landry
12) Ramon Sessions
13) Ryan Gomes
14) Brandon Bass
15) Chris Duhon
16) Jason Kapono
17) Steve Blake
18) Andray Blatche
19) Zaza Pachulia
20) Luke Walton
21) Ronny Turiaf
22) Kyle Korver
23) Marcin Gortat
24) Earl Watson
25) Leon Powe
26) Willie Green
27) Matt Barnes
28) Glen Davis
29) Eddie House
30) Von Wafer
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
My list

1) Gilbert Arenas
2) Carlos Boozer
3) Michael Redd
4) Monta Ellis
5) Mehmet Okur
6) Paul Millsap
7) Mo Williams
8) Luis Scola
9) Anderson Varejao
10) Trevor Ariza
11) Marc Gasol
12) Ramon Sessions
13) Glen Davis
14) Marcin Gortat
15) Ronny Turiaf
16) Steve Blake
17) Carl Landry
18) Ryan Gomes
19) Brandon Bass
20) Zaza Pachulia
21) Leon Powe
22) Chris Duhon
23) Jason Kapono
24) Andray Blatche
25) Mario Chalmers
26) Lou Williams
27) Kyle Korver
28) Earl Watson
29) Matt Barnes
30) Eddie House
31) DeJuan Blair
32) Luke Walton
33) Willie Green
34) Von Wafer
35) Amir Johnson

[ Edited by crzy on Sep 8, 2009 at 14:26:15 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I guess we're keeping our third string PG instead of getting a 1st round draft pick

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4458522
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
So I just figured out that the Cavs signed "I like the way you do that right Kurz"

I always liked that guy. He's a poor man's Ryan Anderson.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
So the Warriors delayed trading their first to the Nets in the Marcus Williams deal.
Quote:

The Warriors traded two future 2nd-rounders to New Jersey to insure that W’s could keep their No. 1 pick in 2011.

The deal means the Warriors will ship their 2012 No. 1 pick to complete their acquisition of Marcus Williams last summer and, as many W’s fans instantly realized, means the team can now trade next year’s No. 1 pick.

This means we can finally include next year's #1 in any proposed trade.

The price we paid was two second rounders and less protection for our pick in 2012.
So the Warriors delayed trading their first to the Nets in the Marcus Williams deal.
Quote:

The Warriors traded two future 2nd-rounders to New Jersey to insure that W’s could keep their No. 1 pick in 2011.

The deal means the Warriors will ship their 2012 No. 1 pick to complete their acquisition of Marcus Williams last summer and, as many W’s fans instantly realized, means the team can now trade next year’s No. 1 pick.

The price we paid was two second rounders and less protection for our pick in 2012.

So not only did they trade a 1st Round pick for Marcus Williams, they decided that they didn't quite get raped hard enough on that, and now they ended up trading a 1st Round pick AND two 2nd Round picks for Marcus Williams, who was no longer with the team when they traded the 2 2nd rounders.

Fantastic.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Sep 21, 2009 at 4:47 PM ]

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Quote:

So not only did they trade a 1st Round pick for Marcus Williams, they decided that they didn't quite get raped hard enough on that, and now they ended up trading a 1st Round pick AND two 2nd Round picks for Marcus Williams, who was no longer with the team when they traded the 2 2nd rounders.

Fantastic.

Well, actually this wasn't a terrible move because it allows the Warriors to use their 2010 draft pick in any negotiations. Obviously the original trade was horrendous....I don't want to get into that again. But it's clear that the reason they made this trade is because they are still desperately trying to an Amare, etc.

At least the front office is trying to get better. That's a small glimmer of hope.

Talking to season ticket reps trying to sell Warriors fans and get them excited about Stephen Curry as their big off-season splash..........that was

This trade tells me that the Warriors front office at the very least realizes that their roster sucks.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
^ ^ Actually I'm probably just telling myself that just because I need false hope right now.

Whatever.

Complaining about losing two more second round picks this offseason, is like complaining about stubbing your toe when you're stumbling around after you've been shot.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Here are the details on the new protection for the first rounder.

Quote:
So the Warriors and Nets huddled and came up with a new solution. The Nets would receive Golden state's first rounder in either 2012, '13 or 14. The first rounder is protected 1 through 7 in both 2012 and 2013, protected 1 through 6 in 2014. If the Warriors still stink worse than the American League Central in 2014, then the Nets would get two second rounders: in 2014 and 2016. That’s in addition to a second rounder in 2011.

Here is what it was before
Quote:

2011 first round draft pick to New Jersey
Golden State's own 2011 1st round pick to New Jersey (top 14 protected in the 2011 Draft, top 11 protected in 2012, and top 10 protected in the 2013 Draft). However, if New Jersey has not yet received this first round pick by the 2013 draft, then New Jersey shall instead receive: (i) Golden State's own 2013 2nd round pick and (ii) Golden State's own 2015 2nd round pick. [Golden State - New Jersey, 7/22/2008]
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 21, 2009 at 11:13 PM ]
^ ^ Actually I'm probably just telling myself that just because I need false hope right now.

Whatever.

Complaining about losing two more second round picks this offseason, is like complaining about stubbing your toe when you're stumbling around after you've been shot.

Worst part: We've hit our best players in the 2nd round. Arenas and Monta >>>

Maybe we turned it around last couple of drafts, specially if Curry plays well, but s**t. This team is just f**king ridiculous.
I wish we could draft John Wall
Share 49erswebzone