LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 390 users in the forums

2009 Golden State Warriors Off-Season Thread

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Ron Artest is one of the best two way players in the NBA.

And if the Warriors had traded for him back in 2006 for Mike Dunleavy, we would have made the playoffs in 2006 just like the Kings did.

We would have been much better off.

[ Edited by crzy on Jul 31, 2009 at 16:12:42 ]
Originally posted by crzy:

And if the Warriors had traded for him back in 2006 for Mike Dunleavy, we would have made the playoffs in 2006 just like the Kings did.

i agree, hey anyone want any Laker DVD's?

You are entitled to your opinion. I would've traded Dunleavy for him as well, but that's not saying much.

Anyways, let's move on and get back to the W's. I hear we have almost $10 mil in expiring contracts this year. I wonder if we can pry Andrey Blatch for those contracts (Law, George, Claxton) and throw in BWright.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kronik:

You are entitled to your opinion. I would've traded Dunleavy for him as well, but that's not saying much.

Anyways, let's move on and get back to the W's. I hear we have almost $10 mil in expiring contracts this year. I wonder if we can pry Andrey Blatch for those contracts (Law, George, Claxton) and throw in BWright.

The Wizards aren't going to trade Blatche for expirings. The Wizards aren't the Warriors. They won't trade away young talent for free.

And there's no way Cohan and Rowell are trading any of our expiring contracts.

We just traded for Devean George to save $1.6 million. Speedy Claxton will save Cohan another $5.2 million next year. Acie Law will save him $2.2 million. We're probably going to dump Brandan Wright just like Belinelli to save another $3 million.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

[ Edited by crzy on Jul 31, 2009 at 17:13:49 ]

The Wizards aren't going to trade Blatche for expirings. The Wizards aren't the Warriors. They won't trade away young talent for free.

We just traded for Devean George to save $1.6 million. Speedy Claxton will save Cohan another $5.2 million next year. Acie Law will save him $2.2 million. We're probably going to dump Brandan Wright just like Belinelli to save another $3 million.

I hate Cohan more than anyone. I don't like Nelson very much either. But with that said...

The Wizards are perhaps a much worst franchise than the W's. And believe me, I don't rate alot of franchises worse than ours.

They have their own bad contracts (Arenas, Butler, Jamison), with less young talent than us. They have alot of old farts as well as 1st round busts (Young, Blatche). While playing in the weak Eastern conference, they have a huge advantage over the W's, yet their record in the past few years compared to ours is even worse.

When I look at their disgusting roster, I am actually thankful I don't live in the DC area.

PS: Another sidebet? who has the better record this upcoming year : W's vs Wizards.

[ Edited by kronik on Jul 31, 2009 at 17:27:38 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

I hate Cohan more than anyone. I don't like Nelson very much either. But with that said...

The Wizards are perhaps a worst franchise than the W's. And believe me, I don't rate alot of franchises worse than ours.

They have their own bad contracts (Arenas, Butler, Jamison), with less young talent than us. They have alot of old farts as well as 1st round busts (Young, Blatche). While playing in the weak Eastern conference, they have a huge advantage over the W's, yet their record in the past few years compared to ours is even worse.

When I look at their roster, I am actually thankful I don't live in the DC area.

PS: Another sidebet? who has the better record this upcoming year : W's vs Wizards.

lol at the Wizards being worse off than the Warriors.

The Wizards made the playoffs in four of the past five years. The only reason they didn't make it last year is because their best player was hurt for most of the season.

The Warriors don't have a single All-Star on their roster. The Wizards have three All-Stars on their roster.

As far as record goes, it won't even be close.

The Wizards will win at least 10 games more than the Warriors do next year. The Wizards were the 5th seed two years ago, and they added Mike Miller and Randy Foye this off-season. They'll be no worse than the 5th seed in the East.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Wizards: 44-38 (5th seed)
Warriors: 34-48 (10th pick next year)
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Did you just call Blatche a bust? Didn't you want to trade for him two posts above?

Niether Blatche nor Nick Young are busts.

The Wizards have plenty of young talent. Javale McGee and Andray Blatche made us look stupid back in November

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AnwCcKYgp20AhvFU9XF10OTdPaB4?gid=2008112527

[ Edited by crzy on Jul 31, 2009 at 17:33:03 ]

so what's the wager? we already have the s**t talking rights in the ROY bet

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

I'd bet money that the Wizards finish with a better record than the Warriors.

$50 paypal?
Did you just call Blatche a bust? Didn't you want to trade for him two posts above?

The Wizards have plenty of young talent. Javale McGee and Andray Blatche made us look stupid back in November

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AnwCcKYgp20AhvFU9XF10OTdPaB4?gid=2008112527

Yea, with half of our roster injured. and yes, I'd take Blatche , but he definately hasn't fulfilled expectations.

I'd bet money that the Wizards finish with a better record than the Warriors.

$50 paypal?

Yes, we're on. send me a PM on details.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Yea, with half of our roster injured. and yes, I'd take Blatche , but he definately hasn't fulfilled expectations.

What expectations? Andray Blatche was a late second round pick. If anything, he's exceeded expectations.

Monta Ellis is half our roster?

And Gilbert Arenas was out for Washington, which is a way bigger loss.

[ Edited by crzy on Jul 31, 2009 at 17:38:30 ]

I hate Cohan more than anyone.

Unless he fkd your family like he did ours, then you can't claim that title.

But I'm down with any fan that even utters those words to make a point.
Share 49ersWebzone