There are 136 users in the forums

2009 General MLB discussion thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
God I love baseball
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dino:
anyone have a site that streams live MLB games?

MLB.tv
D-backs Webb to skip start with shoulder stiffness

PHOENIX (AP)—Arizona Diamondbacks ace Brandon Webb will skip his next start because of shoulder stiffness.

“For a guy like him, this isn’t something you can mess around with,” manager Bob Melvin said before the Diamondbacks played Colorado on Wednesday. “I’d hate for him this early in the season to go out there and pitch with some soreness already, or some stiffness.”

Yusmeiro Petit will take Webb’s scheduled start Saturday night at home against the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Webb, whose 22 victories led by National League last season, experienced stiffness in his shoulder in the fourth inning of Arizona’s 9-8 opening day victory Monday over the Rockies.

The 2006 NL Cy Young winner blamed problems with his arm angle, resulting in a diminished sinking fastball, for his poor outing. The right-hander allowed six runs on six hits, including two homers, in four innings.

“He played catch yesterday and was OK,” Melvin said, “then came in today and it was bothering him a little bit, so I’m going to try to be proactive on this one.”

No medical tests are planned as yet.

“I think we’ll wait and see how he feels tomorrow,” Melvin said.

Webb will not throw at all for two days so the training staff can “just work on him a little bit and try to get whatever is in there out of there,” Melvin said. “We’ll take it day by day. He’ll play catch one day before he throws a bullpen.”

Petit was 3-5 with a 4.31 ERA in 19 games for Arizona last season, eight of them starts.
stupid braves bullpen is gonna blow this game they have walked in like 4 runs,
bases are loaded with one out and they are back at the top of there order(phillies)
at the Braves' bullpen...
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

this is stupid i cant believe they just blew a 7 run lead by walking 4 runs in, this stresses me out
ROCKIES WIN!
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

this is stupid i cant believe they just blew a 7 run lead by walking 4 runs in, this stresses me out

What a joke. I want to throw up.

i cannot believe we just blew this game, yeah we won the series but we could gave our guys alot of confidence if we could have pulled off the sweep damn bullpen, starting pitching did excellent the bullpen again just like last year blew it
  • Dino
  • Veteran

i cannot believe we just blew this game, yeah we won the series but we could gave our guys alot of confidence if we could have pulled off the sweep damn bullpen, starting pitching did excellent the bullpen again just like last year blew it

It's f**king pathetic. Oh well. Only one game

This is me yelling at the braves bullpen cuz they cant throw a strike

This is me after the game because the bullpen made me sick
[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:42 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Phillies came back to win that?!

It was 10-3 last time I looked!
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Yeah
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Yeah

Damn dude..I'm sorry.

Look at all those walks!

Yeah

I feel your pain, I'm a Mets fan, this has been my pain for the last two years...
Share 49ersWebzone