LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

2009 SF Giants thread

Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
I seriously doubt Misch makes this team anyway. The bullpen seems pretty set with maybe 1 spot open.

The bigger issue has been and will continue to be the lack of hitting on this team. I just don't see how its remotley possible for the Giants to beat Arizona or LA with this hitting ( or lack thereof) attack. 2011 will be the year. Until then.. its pray for the best.

ima pray for some youngster bat to wake up and get us a couple more wins this year.

Lewis? Ishikawa? Bowker? pray some one steps up a little and maybe we can win a couple more this year, still agree that we dont compete for the division.

yeah man it will be a god send if we can finally have a young hitter develop into a good hitter for us.
Timmy signs one year deal....worth $650,000. Man, we overspent.

LINK
Originally posted by hec26:
I seriously doubt Misch makes this team anyway. The bullpen seems pretty set with maybe 1 spot open.

The bigger issue has been and will continue to be the lack of hitting on this team. I just don't see how its remotley possible for the Giants to beat Arizona or LA with this hitting ( or lack thereof) attack. 2011 will be the year. Until then.. its pray for the best.

ima pray for some youngster bat to wake up and get us a couple more wins this year.

Lewis? Ishikawa? Bowker? pray some one steps up a little and maybe we can win a couple more this year, still agree that we dont compete for the division.

yeah man it will be a god send if we can finally have a young hitter develop into a good hitter for us.

That would be the day, wouldn't it? I think our pitching is going to get us a lot farther than most people think it will. Our rotation is pretty nasty. If Ishi and Pablito become forces at the corners and Bengie keeps playing his usual form, we could contend. A lot of things would have to go right though.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

That would be the day, wouldn't it? I think our pitching is going to get us a lot farther than most people think it will. Our rotation is pretty nasty. If Ishi and Pablito become forces at the corners and Bengie keeps playing his usual form, we could contend. A lot of things would have to go right though.

ya i suppose its possible. our rotation is good, our pen is improved and we got a couple young bats with the potential to add more than we had last year. we will see, like you said a lot would need to go right but now that i think about it, it might be POSSIBLE.

ya i suppose its possible. our rotation is good, our pen is improved and we got a couple young bats with the potential to add more than we had last year. we will see, like you said a lot would need to go right but now that i think about it, it might be POSSIBLE.

Agreed. Highly unlikely, but still possible.
Who cares what Misch does. He is not on the final roster so as long as the regulars look good I can't complain
Rockin' my Giants jacket today out in the BK. Some guy in a Stankees hat asked me when Lincecum was scheduled for FA

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, fck the Stankees.
Originally posted by ritchie:
Rockin' my Giants jacket today out in the BK. Some guy in a Stankees hat asked me when Lincecum was scheduled for FA

damn you should have punched that guy.

or you shouldve said lincecum is gonna be a giant for life and never going to the F**KING YANKS. then you shouldve said when is chamberlain gonna be a fa?

or you shouldve said lincecum is gonna be a giant for life and never going to the F**KING YANKS. then you shouldve said when is chamberlain gonna be a fa?

I'm an orange dot in the middle of this Yankee blue. Its disgusting. Although I will see breezies love my Giants jackets. I always get smiles and compliments when I rock 'em...especially around Brooklyn

do not want joba the hutt. no one has a photoshop for that? come on now!

do not want joba the hutt. no one has a photoshop for that? come on now!

as a set up guy dudes sick
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

haha i wore a Bonds jersey to a Giants Phillies Game in Philly. Although at the time i kinda regretted it cause of all the hassle i got but afterwards i was proud i showed my support
Giants president Larry Baer arrived in Arizona and addressed the issue but again declined to say whether the Giants have made a formal offer, instead saying they and Scott Boras have discussed "concepts." Those concepts are believed to include a unique contract, perhaps longer than two years, that provides "outs" for Manny Ramirez and the Giants should either decide to part ways sooner. -- SF Chronicle

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Giants president Larry Baer arrived in Arizona and addressed the issue but again declined to say whether the Giants have made a formal offer, instead saying they and Scott Boras have discussed "concepts." Those concepts are believed to include a unique contract, perhaps longer than two years, that provides "outs" for Manny Ramirez and the Giants should either decide to part ways sooner. -- SF Chronicle

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

I like the sound of that. Get it done guys!!
Share 49ersWebzone