LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

2009 Oakland A's thread

Saw ML redesigned his park blog.

As for baseball news, still no sign of which way Nomar is heading. I thought by the end of this weekend, we'd find out. Maybe Nomar ala Manny maybe delaying his commitment because he too doesn't wanna to come to a ST camp earlier than he needs to.

Saw Sweeney hit his first HR today and reports are he's making a lot more "power swings" during BP so that's good news. Still think he could end up being a Kotsay type player, just bigger in size. Both Sweeney and Buck are very similar, just too bad both have shown signs of being possibly injury prone.
ZOMG Yes! No more B Cros!!!! Wooo-Hooo!!!!!
LINK

Are we contenders now????
Cabrera

A's closing in on deal to sign Garciaparra as well
Originally posted by GiGalo9er:
LINK

Contenders for the AL West? I think we have been contenders but I still think the Angels are better... well have to see as the regular season starts up.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
LINK

Contenders for the AL West? I think we have been contenders but I still think the Angels are better... well have to see as the regular season starts up.

I think that their starting pitching is better. But the gap has closed a bit with regards to hitting/position players. I'd still give them the edge...but damn, we are so much Sexier than we were last week.
Good signing especially at the price that we got him.

Sure the A's will lose their 09 2nd rounder, but if Cabrera has a good year offensively all around, the A's could offer him arb next offseason and if he comes back for 2010, gives the A's another year of solid SS production while trying to figure out who in the minors maybe ready to come up by 2011 like a Coleman, Christian, Horton and etc...if he declines and signs elsewhere next offseason, A's could get another comp pick even if he's a type B FA which I'm guessing if he can stay healthy and have the kinds of seasons he's had the last few, he'll easily net the A's a 2nd round pick if another team signs him away.

It could be a win win win for the A's.

I'm feeling a like more optimistic now especially if the A's could land Nomar for a utility IF and possibly a Reyes to help bolster IMO what could be a very good bullpen for 09.
Originally posted by ninerpride:
Good signing especially at the price that we got him.

Sure the A's will lose their 09 2nd rounder, but if Cabrera has a good year offensively all around, the A's could offer him arb next offseason and if he comes back for 2010, gives the A's another year of solid SS production while trying to figure out who in the minors maybe ready to come up by 2011 like a Coleman, Christian, Horton and etc...if he declines and signs elsewhere next offseason, A's could get another comp pick even if he's a type B FA which I'm guessing if he can stay healthy and have the kinds of seasons he's had the last few, he'll easily net the A's a 2nd round pick if another team signs him away.

It could be a win win win for the A's.

I'm feeling a like more optimistic now especially if the A's could land Nomar for a utility IF and possibly a Reyes to help bolster IMO what could be a very good bullpen for 09.

I also would feel alot more confident if the A's pick up Nomar and Reyes
Sweeney-CF
Cabrera-SS
Holliday-LF
Giambi-1B
Cust-DH
Buck-RF
Ellis-2B
Chavez-3B
Suzuki-C

...that's how I'd write down the lineup.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
This. Is. Sexy.

Originally posted by Finer08:
This. Is. Sexy.
No more Crosby? zOMG somebody punch me.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

LMAO Fcuked up that we're all VERY excited about Crosby's demotion. It's cool...he'll be the Right-handed stick off the bench, with a chip on his shoulder (demoted within a contract year). Oops...wait, aren't we negotiating with Nomar?? LOL
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

LMAO Fcuked up that we're all VERY excited about Crosby's demotion. It's cool...he'll be the Right-handed stick off the bench, with a chip on his shoulder (demoted within a contract year). Oops...wait, aren't we negotiating with Nomar?? LOL

This is Crosby we're talkign about. He might end up literally getting a chip in his shoulder and going on the DL for half the season.
Im sure if the A's could deal Crosby and part of his 5 million he's owed, they'd probably like to have Pennington be the second backup IF on this team because defensively he's better, faster as he'd be a good late game pinch runner, and probably be more willing to be a backup IF in the bigs while I believe Crosby thinks he's a starter.
Share 49ersWebzone