LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Ichiro pitching?

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by crzy:
he chooses to hit for avg. he has pop

I respect Ichiro. And I think he's the best singles hitter in history.

But I don't believe that he chooses not to hit home runs to preserve his average. I don't think he's capable of hitting home runs.

Frankly, Ichiro as a player is very overrated. His highest OPS is 869.

he actually does have some power. its not 30-40 HR power, but i bet you he could hit 25 if he changed up his strategy. it obviously wouldnt make as much sense to his game to do so.

.332 career avg, 2001 ROY and AL MVP, 2 time AL batting champion, has led the league in hits 5 times, and working on what will probably be his 6th, as well as 4th straight season doing so. 334 steals in 8.5 seasons, 100+ runs in 8 straight seasons, 8 straight gold gloves, and what might be the strongest OF arm in baseball.

throw power and rbis out the window. hes a leadoff hitter. like i stated before, after 8.5 seasons he is on pace to break Pete Rose's all time hits record in 6 fewer seasons that Rose did it.

if you want to call all that overrated, i cant agree with you. if he retired today, he would probably make the hall of fame after only 8 seasons.

I'm going to have to agree with you here. He is one of the best hitters in the history of the game, and definitely the best leadoff hitter ever.

Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by crzy:
he chooses to hit for avg. he has pop

I respect Ichiro. And I think he's the best singles hitter in history.

But I don't believe that he chooses not to hit home runs to preserve his average. I don't think he's capable of hitting home runs.

Frankly, Ichiro as a player is very overrated. His highest OPS is 869.

he actually does have some power. its not 30-40 HR power, but i bet you he could hit 25 if he changed up his strategy. it obviously wouldnt make as much sense to his game to do so.

.332 career avg, 2001 ROY and AL MVP, 2 time AL batting champion, has led the league in hits 5 times, and working on what will probably be his 6th, as well as 4th straight season doing so. 334 steals in 8.5 seasons, 100+ runs in 8 straight seasons, 8 straight gold gloves, and what might be the strongest OF arm in baseball.

throw power and rbis out the window. hes a leadoff hitter. like i stated before, after 8.5 seasons he is on pace to break Pete Rose's all time hits record in 6 fewer seasons that Rose did it.

if you want to call all that overrated, i cant agree with you. if he retired today, he would probably make the hall of fame after only 8 seasons.

I'm going to have to agree with you here. He is one of the best hitters in the history of the game, and definitely the best leadoff hitter ever.

Did I ever say Ichiro was the best base stealer in history? The closest Henderson ever got to 200 hits in a season is 169. Ichiro has done it for eight straight seasons, going on 9. I specifically said lead off HITTER for a reason. Their career OBP and OPS are extremely close to each other and Ichiro is definitely the superior hitter. His career average is about 50 points higher than Henderson's too. That and it's pretty obvious that Ichiro wasn't roiding it up in Oakland early in his career.
whoa calm down turbo.

im basing this off the term, best lead off hitter ever.

not best hitter to hit 200 times a season every year that happens to hit in the number 1 spot.

if you are making an all time team and picking your leadoff hitter, odds are you are taking rickey.

btw, we are both giants fans... SAME TEAM!!!
whoa calm down turbo.

not best hitter to hit 200 times a season every year that happens to hit in the number 1 spot.

if you are making an all time team and picking your leadoff hitter, odds are you are taking rickey.

Sorry if I came off as angry. There's a case for both, but if we're basing it off pure hitting (which was what I was trying to get at) I would take Ichiro over Henderson every time.
whoa calm down turbo.

Liar, your never on the giants thread. J/K
Originally posted by Thizz415:
whoa calm down turbo.

Liar, your never on the giants thread. J/K

i am! i just dont post all the time. i read what people have to say, as stupid as alot of the comments are, theres also some knowledge in there
whoa calm down turbo.

Sorry if I came off as angry. There's a case for both, but if we're basing it off pure hitting (which was what I was trying to get at) I would take Ichiro over Henderson every time.

i get what you are trying to get at, but if we were going off pure hitting, id take pujols over Bonds... but id never do that cuz bonds is the better overall player... get what im saying?
whoa calm down turbo.

i get what you are trying to get at, but if we were going off pure hitting, id take pujols over Bonds... but id never do that cuz bonds is the better overall player... get what im saying?

I get what you're saying, but I will respectfully disagree
whoa calm down turbo.

Are you saying Rickey is a better overall player than Ichiro? Please explain...
Share 49ersWebzone