LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 139 users in the forums

**Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread** (ON RIGHT NOW)

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:
Haven't been paying much attention to this thread...but

Rubio Likely To Stay In Europe?

Quote:
Ricky Rubio's father gave an interview after the draft stating that his son is now likely to stay in Europe for one or two years, rather than signing in Minnesota.

Yahoo! reports that a trade between the Knicks and Wolves to send Rubio to New York is likely. But later reports suggest that the Wolves are so far stating that they'll retain their rights to the Spanish point guard.

The Wolves still got Jonny Flynn though, so they're set.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by crzy:
Spurs wow. HOw did the rest of the NBA let them get Blair ?

championship

agreed. This will be the steal of the draft IMO
Rox just traded a future 2nd for Budinger.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Budinger really?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Portland got another steal in Mills.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Budinger really?

yup, we got him.

Future 2nd and Cash.
What a draft so far...

My thoughts...

I AM FEELING OKLAHOMA RIGHT NOW
My boys UCLA LIKE A BRUIN Russell and SOUTHERN CALI James Harden...along with Jeff and Kevin...they get a 5 and they are going to be straight NASTY in a few years...

Shout outs to Minnesota, Flynn will treat you well and if Rubio does here what he does in Europe, you'll have a ballin backcourt...would they start both Rubio and Flynn? Flynn is too small to be a 2 but I am sure they'd want the ball in Rubios hands at all times rather than Flynn...and good trade of Lawson, you didnt need him, im sure it was set up...

Bobcats got Kobe Jr. in Gerald and great Jesus, if their healthy, in a few years...oh baby...Jordan your gonna be proud...gonna be proud

Warriors...I dunno why you took Curry...I think hes complete trash, overrated, worthless...if for one reason or another his shot disappears in the NBA...it would only fit that the Dubs drafted him...for the sake of all the Ws fans here, I am sorry...I was really cheering for you guys to trade the pick...oh well...

Great steal by Portland with Mills, I read earlier that crzy thinks he'll be Hibachi 2.0, I agree 500000%, I saw him play with St. Mary, God damn...kids good...real good...

Good pick by Indiana at AJ Price, he will be there future PG and he will be a force...good job Indiana, but you f**ked up earlier...Tyler Hansbulls**t? Come on Larry...there is no more room for white people in that state..

I love Earl to Phoenix, he'll be great there...and good pick by Philly to get Jrue...UCLA product...hes a bit raw still if you ask me, but he'll get it together soon enough...

Oh, and Lakers just traded our 2nd rounder Patrick Beverley to Miami for a future pick and cash...seriously Buss? Are you this f**king cheap dude? Just pay LO and Trev the money they deserve...f**k...and who the f**k is that A&M big we just drafted...
FINAL DRAFT BOARD:

1st Round- NBA Draft Tracker
Pick Team Player Position College
1 Clippers Blake Griffin PF Oklahoma
2 Grizzlies Hasheem Thabeet C Connecticut
3 Thunder James Harden SG Arizona State
4 Kings Tyreke Evans PG/SG Memphis
5 Timberwolves Ricky Rubio PG Spain
6 Timberwolves Jonny Flynn PG Syracuse
7 Warriors Stephen Curry PG/SG Davidson
8 Knicks Jordan Hill PF Arizona
9 Raptors DeMar DeRozan SF USC
10 Bucks Brandon Jennings PG Italy
11 Nets Terrence Williams SF Louisville
12 Bobcats Gerald Henderson SG Duke
13 Pacers Tyler Hansbrough PF North Carolina
14 Suns Earl Clark SF Louisville
15 Pistons Austin Daye PF Gonzaga
16 Bulls James Johnson SF Wake Forest
17 76ers Jrue Holiday PG/SG UCLA
18 Timberwolves(to Nuggets) Ty Lawson PG North Carolina
19 Hawks Jeff Teague PG/SG Wake Forest
20 Jazz Eric Maynor PG VCU
21 Hornets Darren Collison PG UCLA
22 Blazers Victor Claver PF Spain
23 Kings Omir Cassipi SF Israel
24 Mavericks(to Thunder) B.J. Mullens C Ohio State
25 Thunder(to Mavericks) Rodrique Beaubois PG France
26 Bulls Taj Gibson PF USC
27 Grizzlies DeMarre Carroll SF Missouri
28 Timberwolves Wayne Ellington SG North Carolina
29 Lakers(to Knicks) Toney Douglas PG Florida State
30 Cavs Christian Eyenga SG Congo
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
2nd Round- NBA Draft Tracker
Pick Team Player Position College
31 Kings(to Blazers) Jeff Pendergraph PF Arizona State
32 Wizards(to Rockets) Jermaine Taylor SG Central Florida
33 Blazers Dante Cunnimgham PF Villanova
34 Nuggets(to Rockets) Sergio Llull PG/SG Spain
35 Pistons DaJuan Summers SF Georgetown
36 Grizzlies Sam Young SF Pittsburgh
37 Spurs DeJuan Blair PF Pittsburgh
38 Blazers(to Kings) Jon Brockman PF Washington
39 Pistons Jonas Jerebko SF Sweden
40 Bobcats Derrick Brown PF Xavier
41 Bucks Jodie Meeks SG Kentucky
42 Lakers(to Heat) Patrick Beverly PG Ukraine
43 Heat(to Hornets) Marcus Thornton SG LSU
44 Pistons(to Rockets) Chase Buddinger SF Arizona
45 Timberwolves Nick Calathes PG/SG Florida
46 Cavs Danny Green SF North Carolina
47 Timberwolves Henk Norel PF Netherlands
48 Suns Taylor Griffin SF Oklahoma
49 Hawks Sergiy Gladyr SG Ukraine
50 Jazz Goran Suton C Michigan State
51 Spurs Jack McClinton PG/SG Miami(Fla.)
52 Pacers A.J. Price PG Connecticut
53 Spurs Nando Del Colo PG/SG France
54 Bobcats(to Thunder) Robert Vaden SG UAB
55 Blazers Patrick Mills PG St. Mary's(CA)
56 Mavericks Ahmad Nivins PF St. Josephs
57 Suns Emir Preldzic SF Slovenia
58 Celtics Lester Hudson PG/SG Tennessee Martin
59 Lakers Chinemelu Elonu PF Texas A&M
60 Heat Robert Dozier PF Memphis
from what im reading it looks like the Knicks are getting Rubio
in a sign and trade for either David Lee or Nate Robinson

I think we should try and get Wilson Chandler from them we could use help and scoring from the Sf position. I like Lee but that just creates a log jam at PF with Love Jeferson and Lee, Nate Robinson would a nice energy player who could have big scring nights

[ Edited by valrod33 on Jun 25, 2009 at 21:37:04 ]
Portland got another steal in Mills.

Too bad he's the biggest idiot of the draft he shoulda stayed another year cuz he gave up a lot of money and I'm not sure if the Blazers will have a spot for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go overseas for a year.

Originally posted by valrod33:
from what im reading it looks like the Knicks are getting Rubio in a sign and trade for either David Lee or Nate Robinson I think we should try and get Wilson Chandler from them we could use help and scoring from the Sf position. I like Lee but that just creates a log jam at PF with Love Jeferson and Lee, Nate Robinson would a nice energy player who could have big scring nights

yea minny should really get more back in that deal. atleast get chandler.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Spurs wow. HOw did the rest of the NBA let them get Blair ?

championship

LOL, DeJuan Blair is not the missing piece in anyone's championship puzzle next year.
Draft Night Trades Recap:

First Round Trades:

• The Minnesota Timberwolves traded the rights to North Carolina point guard Ty Lawson, the 18th pick, to the Nuggets for a future 1st round pick.

• The Mavericks traded the rights to Ohio State center B.J. Mullens, the 24th pick, to the Thunder for France point guard Rodrique Beaubois, and a future 2nd round pick.

Second Round Trades:

• The Washington Wizards traded the rights to No. 32 pick Jermaine Taylor to the Houston Rockets for cash considerations.

• The Nuggets traded the rights to Spanish point guard Sergio Llull, their No. 34 pick, to the Rockets for cash considerations.

• The Portland Trail Blazers sent Sergio Rodriguez, Jon Brockman, their 38th pick, and cash to the Sacramento Kings for their 31st pick, Jeff Pendergraph.

• The Miami Heat received the rights to Patrick Beverley, the Los Angeles Lakers' 42nd pick, for a future second-round pick and cash considerations.

• The New Orleans Hornets acquired LSU guard Marcus Thornton, the 43rd pick by the Heat, for two future second-round picks.

• The Detroit Pistons traded the rights to their No. 44 pick, Chase Budinger, to the Rockets for a future second-round pick and cash.

• The Mavericks acquired 45th pick Nick Calathes from the Timberwolves in exchange for the future second-round pick of the Trail Blazers that the Mavericks obtained in a trade on June 24.

• The Thunder received the rights to the Charlotte Bobcats' 54th pick, Robert Vaden, for cash.
Dejuan blair will be the best nba player
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Dejuan blair will be the best nba player

False, tyreke evans will
Share 49ersWebzone